PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Chandler Jones losing his grip on DROY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect injuries are impeding his progress... in his position it is all about first step speed and push... difficult if you are recovering from an ankle sprain.

He will be fine..

Chandler was awesome first few weeks of season
Really dominating and a game changer. Then he got injured and he seems to have all but disappeared since then. I don't think he will get it...more importantly for us hope he gets back to that "first few weeks" form soon.

First couple of weeks he stood out among all defensive rookies,making plays and getting to the QB .........Then came the injury.

I think the award at this time has to go to Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner ...Over 100 tackles,3 INTS,Wagner and Irvin have been fine additions to a defense that is nearly as good as the 49ers.

Its not a big deal to us,but I was hoping for Jones to get the award,its obviously an honor to a rookie,but I think his injury has affected his play a bit,his ankle.seems to have slowed him down a tad.

Chandler was awesome first few weeks of season
Really dominating and a game changer. Then he got injured and he seems to have all but disappeared since then. I don't think he will get it...more importantly for us hope he gets back to that "first few weeks" form soon.

I honestly hope he is half rested or brought back really slowly for the next 2 games. We won't be getting the 1st round bye so it's time for some of these injuries to be managed for when we come up against the big guns in the playoffs.

Not sure if it's the infamous rookie wall or the ankle, but wow he was invisible against the 49ers. I hope he has enough in the tank for the playoffs.

Not sure if it's the infamous rookie wall or the ankle, but wow he was invisible against the 49ers. I hope he has enough in the tank for the playoffs.

49ers are a great running team...hard team to crack in that category but lately he has been a ghost

First couple of weeks he stood out among all defensive rookies,making plays and getting to the QB .........Then came the injury.

I think the award at this time has to go to Seahawks LB Bobby Wagner ...Over 100 tackles,3 INTS,Wagner and Irvin have been fine additions to a defense that is nearly as good as the 49ers.

Its not a big deal to us,but I was hoping for Jones to get the award,its obviously an honor to a rookie,but I think his injury has affected his play a bit,his ankle.seems to have slowed him down a tad.

BFD. Awards are for weenies anyhow. I'd rather see consistent, long-term production than trophies.
We shall see who larfs larst.

I like Chandler Jones, and I'm very glad with the pick. But I couldn't care less about him or any other Patriot receiving DROY, OROY, or any other individual award at this point.

The real winner should be Lavonte David.

EDIT: Stats for those interested:

124 total tackles, 98 solo tackles, 1 sack, 1 pick, 18 tackles for loss, 3 passes deflected

Last edited:
The real winner should be Lavonte David.

EDIT: Stats for those interested:

124 total tackles, 98 solo tackles, 1 sack, 1 pick, 18 tackles for loss, 3 passes deflected

Yeah heard some great stuff about that kid. I also recall that quite a few guys liked him on draft day.

Yeah heard some great stuff about that kid. I also recall that quite a few guys liked him on draft day.

Come on man. I'm new around here and even I know that Brother Mayo was the most fervent advocate for Lavonte David this side of the equator.

David, Wagner and Keuchly are all worthy winners. Irvin isn't even in the top 10.

While you want to see them perform well consistently and even open eyes in flashes, I'd just as soon Patriots rookies never sniff rookie season accolades. Only drives up the price and potentially timing of the all important second contract. You could say the same about most awards for most players for that matter, a handful like Brady and Wilfork or Mayo seemingly immune to the effect (although Mayo did sign early and for a bundle albeit after a couple of years of singularly focused literally sleeping at the facility year round).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes