PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Chad Scott at Safety all that bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

skri65

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Obviously, no one can replace Rodney. But Scott is a veteran CB. He's also rather big for a CB. He knows defenses, and I'm not THAT worried with him back there.

Like I said, no one can replace a Rodney Harrison. But we work with what we got, and Scott aint that bad.

Hopefully, Rodney will recover quickly..

Scott at safety is not too bad, with him and Hawkins they should be ok in coverage (both have CB experience). It does leave them thin in nickel coverage, the FO should have saw this coming it seems like every year our secondary gets wiped out. It will be interesting to see what happens when Wilson comes back, he has some versatility (was a corner in college and worked out at CB during training camp).

I have been happy with Chad's preformance so far this year. He did have that pick on Sunday too. Hopefully he can hold the fort down.

I think Scott is pretty good at safety. What is disappointing is he was doing very well at cb in my opinion. It would have been nice to see him play pres coverage last week becuase he has the size.

Hopefully Eugene is healthy in 3-4 weeks and he can come back at safety or even play cb.

Not bad at all with a week to practice at the position. Beats being thrust into the game vs Manning. :confused:

MrBigglesWorth said:
I think Scott is pretty good at safety. What is disappointing is he was doing very well at cb in my opinion. It would have been nice to see him play pres coverage last week becuase he has the size.

Hopefully Eugene is healthy in 3-4 weeks and he can come back at safety or even play cb.

I agree - Scott had been great at CB. Hobbs has been inconsistent this year - though I know having a cast on your wrist certainly doesn't help.

Whatever the mix is, there's enough talent at DB still to put together a solid group to hold the fort until playoffs/Rodneys return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes