Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Chad Scott at Safety all that bad??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by skri65, Nov 7, 2006.

1. skri65

skri65 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Obviously, no one can replace Rodney. But Scott is a veteran CB. He's also rather big for a CB. He knows defenses, and I'm not THAT worried with him back there.

Like I said, no one can replace a Rodney Harrison. But we work with what we got, and Scott aint that bad.

Hopefully, Rodney will recover quickly..

2. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Scott at safety is not too bad, with him and Hawkins they should be ok in coverage (both have CB experience). It does leave them thin in nickel coverage, the FO should have saw this coming it seems like every year our secondary gets wiped out. It will be interesting to see what happens when Wilson comes back, he has some versatility (was a corner in college and worked out at CB during training camp).

3. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have been happy with Chad's preformance so far this year. He did have that pick on Sunday too. Hopefully he can hold the fort down.

4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I think Scott is pretty good at safety. What is disappointing is he was doing very well at cb in my opinion. It would have been nice to see him play pres coverage last week becuase he has the size.

Hopefully Eugene is healthy in 3-4 weeks and he can come back at safety or even play cb.

5. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Not bad at all with a week to practice at the position. Beats being thrust into the game vs Manning. :confused:

6. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +91 / 4 / -0

I agree - Scott had been great at CB. Hobbs has been inconsistent this year - though I know having a cast on your wrist certainly doesn't help.

Whatever the mix is, there's enough talent at DB still to put together a solid group to hold the fort until playoffs/Rodneys return.