PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Caldwell done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say we cut David Patten, we have too many good WR's like Bethel Johnson. Oh I'm sorry, I say we cut Reche Caldwell, we have too many good WR's like Chad Jackson. Guys, there is nothing wrong with a little compeittion in Training Camp, we'll have enough cap room to hold onto 1.7 mill till the season kicks off. I for one LOVE having the impossible task of having too many WR's. And don't get too caught up in Gaffney, with that logic we should cut Watson and use Thomas because he had a breakout game.

Reche Caldwell SAVED this team last year. We don't OWE him anything for it, but the people who are going nuts about how he did nothing special, and anyone could've done that, whatever. This guy deserves WAY more props than he gets on this board.

Reche Caldwell SAVED this team last year. We don't OWE him anything for it, but the people who are going nuts about how he did nothing special, and anyone could've done that, whatever. This guy deserves WAY more props than he gets on this board.

I completely agree. If anyone could have done it where was Gaffney during the regular season (in between his drops) or Dougie G? Caldwell is still, besides Stallworth, the only truly proven WR who can play on the outside.

Last edited:

Totally agree! He's even more valuable since he will be the only WR on the team with a full season in the NE system. He definitely earned his money last year IMO.

This Caldwell doubting really is a head scratcher. I just don't get where it is coming from.
You must have missed when he sh!t his pants at the most crucial part of the season?

I don't think he gets cut, but I do think he moves down to 4th or 5th on the depth chart, where he belongs.

Last edited:
Maybe it's the fantasy football influence. Football players are just so many interchangeable parts:p Count me as another that thinks Caldwell lines up at WR in the first game.

You must have missed when he sh!t his pants at the most crucial part of the season?

I don't think he gets cut, but I do think he moves down to 4th or 5th on the depth chart, where he belongs.

Should Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Colvin, Bruschi, or Vrabel be demoted for being blown off the line, allowing the GW TD to Addai? **** plays happen, and if you, or anyone else for that matter, want to forget about the good that he did for the team last year then you are all ******ed and should go watch the Raiders.

Caldwell benefitted from the Tom has to throw it to someone year. IMO another reciever making those catches does more, IE more YAC. 700yds could have been 900. He just doesnt give you much after making the catch.
He's not very good at getting yards after the catch because he immediately falls to the ground or scampers out of bounds upon making a catch. Thats why I don't like him. Not because he isn't the most talented guy out there, but because I question his toughness and heart.

I'm so tempted to change the title of this thread to "There's no way Caldwell makes this team" right now... :D

We've got Stallworth, Welker and Washington. We need to get CJ playing time to see if he can achieve his potential or not. Gaffney is roughly as talented as Caldwell, and he costs 1/3 as much.

Caldwell would be paid $1.9M to be a 4th, 5th or 6th receiver. Cutting him after the last training camp before his bonus is due (whenever that is) seems like a smart move.

Maybe I don't understand your argument. Do you believe that Caldwell is a bigger talent that Stallworth, Welker or Washington?

$1.9 million is NOTHING.

Get that through...

Should Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Colvin, Bruschi, or Vrabel be demoted for being blown off the line, allowing the GW TD to Addai? **** plays happen, and if you, or anyone else for that matter, want to forget about the good that he did for the team last year then you are all ******ed and should go watch the Raiders.
Oh, thats nice, throw out the "******ed" insult. Whats next? My girlfriend has cooties?

The "ignorance" is getting "crazy"? huh? looks like you put a little too much effort into that one. Take it down a notch.

Caldwell did nothing special last year.
Not one damn thing.

he had a nice catch in San Diego. A catch that most receivers could have made. He had the numbers that he had b/c there was no one else.

When we needed him the most he let us down.

It's very simple.

He cannot be trusted.

By that logic, Brady can't be trusted because of his interception on the final drive.

"When we needed him most..."

Clearly I have a much lower opinion of Caldwell's ability than most of the other folks here. I think that the only reason why he got the 2007 numbers that he did is that Brady didn't have any better options. Now he has several.

We may never again see a playoff caliber team with as good a QB as Brady have as poor a set of receivers as he did in the 2006 season.

Since I'm having so much fun, does anybody here want to take even money action at $25 or $50 that Caldwell is not on the 53 man roster at the time the Patriots play their first game of the 2007 season?

"Clearly?"

I think you'd have to be blind since birth to not see that.

Caldwell benefitted from the Tom has to throw it to someone year. IMO another reciever making those catches does more, IE more YAC. 700yds could have been 900. He just doesnt give you much after making the catch.

Neither does Welker.

I say we cut David Patten, we have too many good WR's like Bethel Johnson. Oh I'm sorry, I say we cut Reche Caldwell, we have too many good WR's like Chad Jackson. Guys, there is nothing wrong with a little compeittion in Training Camp, we'll have enough cap room to hold onto 1.7 mill till the season kicks off. I for one LOVE having the impossible task of having too many WR's. And don't get too caught up in Gaffney, with that logic we should cut Watson and use Thomas because he had a breakout game.

What if Jackson can't start the season? What if he misses the entire season?

Without Jackson or Brown, the Pats are down to Stallworth, Welker, and Washington. Add Caldwell to that, and everything changes.

Next you'll be asking him to step outside.

I think its likely that Caldwell will not be a Patriot when the season starts (unless he substantially reduces his 2007 compensation).

I am not certain about this, but I am confident in my prediction.

A bunch of Reche fanboys are showing up and declaring that anyone who utters such blasphemy must be totally ignorant about football.

I take umbrage at this. I am willing to stand behind my prediction.

If those who called me an idiot actually believe what they say, then they would be happy to accept an even money bet on what they regard as a certainty.

If they do not believe what they say, then they are trolls and can be safely ignored during the daytime.

:rofl: That's going a little far.

As far as **** plays, there was Jackie Smith's drop of a Staubach pass in the end zone in the super bowl that most people's grandad could have caught. Smith is in the hall of fame nonetheless.

The best argument for "stopping the insanity" on this subject is that Caldwell now has the most experience working with Brady of any WR on the team (except Troy of course). Anyone who would want to throw that away now is OTL.

By that logic, Brady can't be trusted because of his interception on the final drive.

"When we needed him most..."

Yeah good point.

Because Caldwell has accomplished the exact same things that Brady has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back