Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Bush flip flopping on English as a Nat Language, or is it a Snow Job...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 20, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

Well guess this administration not sure who is the spokesman for GWB, first Snow says one thing and now Gonsalves says something else... talk about a confused administration in disarray, George will come on now and confuse us more...maybe he really did not sing the National Anthem in Spanish in 2000.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/19/snow-contradicts-gonzales/

White House In Disarray: Contradicting Snow, Gonzales Says Bush Opposes Making English The National Language

Today Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said that President Bush “has never supported making English the national language.†But earlier this morning, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow said Bush supported efforts in the Senate to do just that:

As you know, there were actually a couple of amendments that came up yesterday, an Inhofe amendment and also a Salazar amendment. And what has come out of that is a description of English as the national language. And I think — and we have supported both of these. … And I think both of these amendments are consistent with that stated presidential desire.

The text of the amendment Snow said Bush supports:

The government of the United States shall preserve and enhance the role of English as the national language of the United States of America.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I believe that if the Chimp in Chief himself had stated both positions in public at the same time and place...that would be normal, so I'm not surprised at the contradictions expressed by his little monkeys.

Fire up the spin machine, Karl!