Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is "Brownie" Back?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by shmessy, Jul 19, 2006.

1. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

BTW, how's that US evacuation of American nationals from Lebanon situation going. What? Did Shrub bring back "Brownie" to head this latest fiasco?

Lemme get this straight. The other Euro nations have already picked up most of their folks. Ours are mainly stranded, watching the parade leave while the Shrub is busy massaging Angela Merkel's neck. Now we're getting some movement on evacuating these poor folks and WHAMMO! We tell 'em that'll be $3k within 90 days or else. The PR is so strong for the next 24 hours that Tony Snow has to make like Emily Littella this morning and mumble "never mind".

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +798 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I don't know much about the logistics but the European countries do have it a little easier logistically than we do.

3. shmessy

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

And the Brazilians became energy independent last month via Cane Sugar Ethanol.

Remember when WE were the superpower, and the others looked up to us? Any idiot can cut taxes. Running a country is a lot harder.

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe that's got something to do with the fact that those countries can get "most of their folks" in a few helicopter runs, whereas the United States has about 25,000 people to worry about.

Think that's got anything to do with it...?

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And once again the liberal administrators of this forum are forced to turn a blind eye...

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +798 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Not to mention a little more distance . . . and lots of water between here and there.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +798 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

No, just a little realism and some working brain cells.

Oh, Patters, Mr. Moderator, isn't it time NEM got sent to the bad boy corner for a while ?

8. shmessy

Ratings:
    +3,022 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

"A little more distance"? You sound like Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Or the Miami Dolphins in December.

We USED to be the superpower. The strongest, richest country on earth is complaining about a 3,000 mile difference? Don't we have over 150,000 in personnel within 500 miles of the place? Oh, I forgot, they're hunting for WMD's so they're kinda tied up with that.

What about the part where the State Dept was billing these poor folks for the evacuation? That was until the 48 hours of publicity shamed Bush into backing down on that.

This is what happens when we have a President who hates Government in general, cuts taxes indiscriminately and cleans out the nation's ability to do its principal job (i.e. Katrina, evacuations, infrastructure, etc.)

Pathetic.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

The thread would have been locked if I posted that.

Patters, "your double standard stinks to high heaven" but I understand because that is what "liberalism" is all about, liberals will scream and wail about freedom especially freedom of speech but when a "Neo Con" trys to give a speech the liberal college darlings "throw pies" at them.

I forgive you Patters for you know not what you do, you are liberal.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2005
  10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +601 / 53 / -9

#75 Jersey

Why in god's green earth should the taxpayers pay to repatriots theses people? Here's a news flash, LEBANON is a dangerous place! If you don't want to be in harms way, DON'T GO THERE!!!!

Americans working for OUR government, have orders and will follow those orders for staying or leaving and those people should be given all the protection and assistance the government. Anyone else, should be happy that we are helping at all!

What about all the Americans that live in Israel? Are we going to pay to bring all of them back to the US, Of course not, they are there of their own valition. If I travel to Bogota and all of a sudden the drug cartels start pciking off Americans in the streets, whose fault is that? It's my fault for going to Colombia! If you travel to London and get hit by a car, of course the embassy staff should come and see you in the hospital and give you what ever assistance they can, but they shouldn't be paying you hospital bill!

Bottom line is the world is a dangerous place! And if you don't want to get trapped in a war zone, then i recommend taking Beruit off your list of places to vacation!!!

11. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Obviously someone who has never been in military logistics or worked in civilian logistics before. Go back to playing the video games and watching the boob tube where everything happens instantaneously. Just a suggestion for future postings if you are going to post on a topic, at least have a modicum of clue as to what you are talking about, because it is obvious from your posts that you don't.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +798 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

We should have bought those Star Trek transporters. Damn that Bush for not buying those when he had the chance.

13. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +457 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

People like you killed our soldiers in Nam. It was in the NVA propaganda films that we captured. It told the NVA soldiers to keep fighting because numb skulls were marching in the US holding NVA flags and pictures of Ho.

Don't go pointing your crooked little finger at others when you live in a glass house.

YOU are responsible for the deaths of our soldiers in Iraq by giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Giving them encouragement to keep it up because people like you are screaming over here.

Don't you care about our troops?

HOW MANY MORE MUST DIE BEFORE YOU LEARN TO DISSENT PROPERLY? HOW MANY?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  14. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or we could convert SDI from an X-RAY beam that shoots missiles down from high above in the atmosphere, to a particle decelerator and reconstitute the americans atoms back at our SDI multi purpose weigh station .

WILL JUST HAVE to use the same optimism as we did in iraq about wmd's and being treated as liberators and the missioN being completed in weeks and back home in 6 months.;)

15. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I actually brought this up a few days ago....
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=37923

But some thought that we shoudn't do anything and.....I mean what are Americans doing traveling...stay at home....please!1!!
    I agree..it is another fiasco. Yes, it's a long way and there ARE many more Americans there..but?? It is what day 8 or 9 of this mess?? What were they doing when this first started?? Haerd that some orf the Navy ships started moving closer until yesterday...Why?? Given how shrub was not going to call for any seize fire..and that Israel was not going to stop..and that even the Christian secter of East Beirut far away from any Hezbullah stronghold was being hit..I would think it should have been started sooner...at least logistically in thought..I agree again the great superpower stumbles..wait to we hear the horror stories...

16. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +457 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

What, no answer to my question? You are always pushing for an answer to your question.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

As he admitted before he has to ask Ed Shultz what his response should be. Than he will "have to get back to you". This thread will die before that happens.

18. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +457 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

Just having my fun before football starts and I take my leave fron this forum.

Never expected an answer.