PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Browner going to be penalty machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Obviously I am excited to see BB come in, and I am fascinated to see how he works as CB2 or a Safety. I just have to admit that I am a tad worried.

The guy relies on being very physical, and with the new set of 'Manning rules' coming in since he got suspended, I forsee him maybe getting flagging on numerous pass interference calls.

Tell me I am just worrying for no reason guys!

Given the current climate,it's very possible if not likely. Sorry I couldn't help!

If Boger is doing every game the rest of the way, yes.

He will be a cog in the penalty machine that is the Patriots' secondary, who have temerity to play football on a weekly basis. You worry for good reason.

They'll have to flag him and the team on every single down the offense passes. While I have no doubt Goodell would approve of this and a certain poster here that chokes himself with Goodell's underwear would love it, the officials are not going to do that. They're not going to want their faces on SportsCenter and FS1 the next day for making a mockery out of the game.

Bloody hell guy, I wanted nicer answers than that haha

So Kontradiction, you think the officials may will ignore a lot of what goes on, like they do at Seattle? Nice thought, could handle that!

I'm not very worried about it. Some games have more flags than others but if Browner gets a bunch of flags in every game, BB will limit his snaps if he thinks it's Browner's fault.

yea, browner is probably the most physical corner in the league. tons of flags but so what? they can't throw flags every play can they??:D

They'll have to flag him and the team on every single down the offense passes. While I have no doubt Goodell would approve of this and a certain poster here that chokes himself with Goodell's underwear would love it, the officials are not going to do that. They're not going to want their faces on SportsCenter and FS1 the next day for making a mockery out of the game.

I don't know, I would love that to be the case but after Sunday's game i really don't know any more. As much as i loved that win the game was as close to unwatchable as any i have seen yet, and if continues that way I will stop watching football altogether regardless of whether the Patriots are winning or losing.In short that SUCKED and i am not sure how much more of it i can actually take. You know things have gone off the rails when more contact is allowed in basketball than football. What happened Sunday night was a disgrace, but unfortunately that is what Goodell and the owners want, a fantasy driven league where defense is disallowed and Pro Football Focus becomes the actual reflection of the game as it is played on the field. Excuse my language but F.ck That Sh.t.

If he is playing his game then he shouldn't. All his stuff is usually done within the allowable zone.

yea, browner is probably the most physical corner in the league. tons of flags but so what? they can't throw flags every play can they??:D

Apparently they can and will. i thought it would stop once the regular season began but that clearly isn't the case, and it appears that ref's will now be the determinant of who wins and loses, and that is simply something i can't take. A good friend of mine has insisted for years that the fix is in, and while I have always argued against that i am now finding it hard to refute. That doesn't mean it can't be overcome, as the Patriots did so on Sunday when it was clear that crew was pushing for a Bengals win, but in the play-offs it will be extremely hard if not impossible to overcome. I have loved football my entire life but what i am seeing now is making that impossible. Thank God Hockey Starts Tomorrow Night.

I don't know, I would love that to be the case but after Sunday's game i really don't know any more. As much as i loved that win the game was as close to unwatchable as any i have seen yet, and if continues that way I will stop watching football altogether regardless of whether the Patriots are winning or losing.In short that SUCKED and i am not sure how much more of it i can actually take. You know things have gone off the rails when more contact is allowed in basketball than football. What happened Sunday night was a disgrace, but unfortunately that is what Goodell and the owners want, a fantasy driven league where defense is disallowed and Pro Football Focus becomes the actual reflection of the game as it is played on the field. Excuse my language but F.ck That Sh.t.

Well that was Jerome Boger who is, without a doubt, the worst referee in the entire league. How he continues to have a job is beyond me. I've never been one to think the NFL is fixed, but I honestly started wondering if he had money on Cincy the other night with the imbalance in the calls. And yes, I agree, I almost turned the game off as well. I noted as much in the game thread. But not every ref is going to throw flags like that. As I said, they're not going to want to be plastered all over every sports news station and publication.

If Boger is doing every game the rest of the way, yes.
"unsportsman like conduct, on the fans. Critizing the referees. 15 yard penalty, loss of down."- boger

probably will be..but the entire team is so it won't really matter. Refs calling everything on the pats...

Well that was Jerome Boger who is, without a doubt, the worst referee in the entire league. How he continues to have a job is beyond me. I've never been one to think the NFL is fixed, but I honestly started wondering if he had money on Cincy the other night with the imbalance in the calls. And yes, I agree, I almost turned the game off as well. I noted as much in the game thread. But not every ref is going to throw flags like that. As I said, they're not going to want to be plastered all over every sports news station and publication.

Like i said, i would love to agree and hope you are right, the problem is that these rules are designed to support Fantasy Football and that is driving the TV ratings up despite the concerns of real football fans, and as long as fantasy is their driving concern, which i believe it is because of the influx of Fantasy Fans, then we will continue to see games called this way regardless of the damage they do to the game. I agree that Boger SUCKS but also think Goodell gave him an A+ for his performance the other night, and probably sent him champagne and high priced hookers as a reward for it. As much as i hate to say it i think we are stuck with this sh.t product, fantasy football, and garbage like Pro Football Focus from here on out, and it is definitely going to kill my love for the game. For the first time in my life football is not my favorite sport to watch, hockey has taken its place.

If Browner gets flagged for whipping Welker out of the game when we play the donkeys, I'd have zero problem with a flag. There, I said it.

That hasn't stopped them yet this season.

If they play as well as they did on Sunday, they can get all the penalties they want imo.

That hasn't stopped them yet this season.

The flags have increased, but they've hardly been flagging every pass play. My point is that I don't think the philosophy should change. Stay aggressive and press your man at the LOS. Dare them to flag every single one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots