PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady's arm too strong? Total speculation and a wild guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think on a couple passes in his comeback from surgery, he's tried to overcompensate for the few times he's not stepped into some throws and left some short (rivers still does this too) and it creates some overthrown passes

he's still feeling the game out post surgery

and going 2-1 while getting re-acclimated to the speed of the game, and his post surgery knee, is pretty good, he's just not playing up to his high standard yet

This...I also think that he might think he has less time than he actually does and the ball is coming out quicker.

wow, cant believe im reading what you wrote. your arm cant be too strong...maybe hes throwing too hard...i believe hes not stepping into his throws, thats why they are high

This...I also think that he might think he has less time than he actually does and the ball is coming out quicker.
i have noticed that too, mainly from watching a few plays in the falcons game, and most of the bills game

he did look a little skittish, more so than normal brady

that said, what he did at the end of the bills game was amazing, and these dropped passes he's been suffering are making him look more off than he really is.

One thing that needs to be pointed out as proof that his mechanics is off, simply because there's been a big change to it.

Up to 2007, in the shotgun, you will notice that he launches off his left leg when entering the drop step. He will lift it off prior to the snap to help set the drop step cadence.

However this season, he has, for some reason, changed to his right leg and is using that to launch into the drop step. I am not a fan of this adjustment to his mechanics, because the time it takes to pivot his shoulders, takes away probably up to 1 to 1.5 seconds to the time where he is in the hitch to throw.

You're arm can be too strong if you are trying to throw a sinker. Used to happen to Bob Stanley occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes