PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady's arm too strong? Total speculation and a wild guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
God forgive me for starting this thread and I deserve to be punished.

However we have all noticed that Brady has been over throwing and he seems to throwing rockets with little touch. The pass to Endelman in the Jets game is an example but that is one of many that I recall.

Now he had last year to rehab and probably worked on his upper body while the knee was immobile. Could he be just too strong this year in the upper body and has to learn how to throw with the stronger arm?

Just a thought and an observation. Now remember the rules - no swearing and no name calling. Discuss or flame but be gentle!

BTw, I already rated this thread one star.

Last edited:
Re: Is Brady's arm too strong?Total speculation and a wild guess.

lol i dont think he's arm is to strong he is just throwing a lot of un catchable balls

However we have all noticed that Brady has been over throwing and he seems to throwing rockets with little touch. The pass to Endelman in the Jets game is an example but that is one of many that I recall.

Now he had last year to rehab and probably worked on his upper body while the knee was immobile. Could he be just too strong this year in the upper body and has to learn how to throw with the stronger arm?

Just a thought and an observation. Now remember the rules - no swearing and no name calling. Discuss or flame but be gentle!

Double whammy.

He not only throws too hard, but he is throwing off this back foot. Everyone know that when you step into your throws you lose that wonderful high-flying trajectory and the throw flattens out.

You may have given yourself one star, but in order to do this thread true justice, we need a voting system that doesn't require you to give at least one star.

Are there negative stars? Can we rate it 3 or 4 black holes?

Hm, that could be a factor indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

i think itsjust a case of a player who has sat out 1 full season -injury or no injury and that too a QB. Both palmer and rivers played out their season till the end before getting injured so their battle was physical but they were never out of the game for 16 full games.

Double whammy.

He not only throws too hard, but he is throwing off this back foot. Everyone know that when you step into your throws you lose that wonderful high-flying trajectory and the throw flattens out.

You may have given yourself one star, but in order to do this thread true justice, we need a voting system that doesn't require you to give at least one star.

Are there negative stars? Can we rate it 3 or 4 black holes?

You can use this.

oh_g_this_thread_sucks.jpg

Re: Is Brady's arm too strong? Total speculation and a wild guess.

Really over analysis here...

#1 - he doesn't throw HARDER than before the injury and with the passage of time
#2 - it never hampered him in the past
#3 - Elway had a stronger arm... still won a few games in the league

threadugly8wy.gif

Brady was sailing lots of medium and deep throws early on in his career. Him sailing throws now is similar. It's not about arm strength being too strong, it's about not having ideal form/mechanics. Look at the way he throws now. Half the time he's throwing almost upright with little bend in the legs.

I think Brady just needs to relax and his body will relax too. It's just gonna take time.

This supposed to be a parody of the Welker thread?

Brady's problems are all about mechanics and scheme.

One, there is hesitation when he throws. On his touchdown pass to Baker, Brady didn't step into his throw. As a result, Baker had to slow down a bit and adjust for the ball. This is not to say that it was a bad throw or a bad play. If you look at the replay a few times, you don't quite see him follow through on that throw. You could attribute this to the pressure caused by the defense and the proximity to the defender, but there was no one in front of him. If he felt comfortable, he could have stepped into the throw.

Two, most teams are preparing for the the Patriots to pass like crazy. As a result, they throw more pass blitzes at him. On Sunday, our running game took advantage of this mismatch. However, when our team does enter the shotgun formation, most teams trust their defensive players to get some kind of shot at Brady and don't care much for the consiquences. The reason is because he is not comfortable in the pocket. He's currently very inaccurate. This is something that I've also noticed with Donovan McNabb.

Don't take offense, but let's look at a similar case. After McNabb's knee injury, he ran less and became more tentaive in the pocket. Many of his passes were thrown very low, (many of Brady's passes somtimes come out low). To compensate for this, he tried putting a little extra on his throws. When this happenned, the ball tended to sail on him (Brady's passes sometimes sail on him). Until he gets comfortble, this is going to happen again and again. He'll miss very low or very high. All we can do is run the ball, let the offensive linemen get physical, and help Brady build his confidence.

This could be an historic thread in that it may be the first time a mod's thread gets banished to the practice squad ;)

He's unconsciously flinching instead of planting his left leg and following through. Perfectly natural, though throwing high is really dangerous. When his adrenaline gets going he improves. Just part of the psychological barrier when you have a serious knee injury, I guess.

Only my take - no MD.

This could be an historic thread in that it may be the first time a mod's thread gets banished to the practice squad ;)

I tried to give myself an infraction for this thread but the system won't let me. :rolleyes:

Off-the-Marcus Russel has an arm that is too strong for his brain.
TB's is perfect.

I dont think this thread is as stupid as everyone thinks, I think the OP's theory is like a pitcher that has too much rest and he comes out throwing hard and overthrows. That said, I dont think thats the problem, he needs to get his timing down.

Drew Bledsoe :nosmile: made a career of throwing off the back :eek: ... oh yeah :idea2:... his back foot. :nooo:

I think this thread has merits on both fronts. I do believe that there is some more zip on the ball coming out of this hand, however I have also noticed that Brady on the whole isn't projecting his hips forward over his plant leg creating forward momentum with his body.

Think a javelin thrower and planting on your front leg without carrying your momentum forward. The javelin is going to go straight up, rather than project through a desirable angle of release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes