PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady out of the all important Pro Bowl [Update: Yes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is Brady out of the all important Pro Bowl

Brady started all 16 games in 2009, as well as the wild card game against Baltimore, passing for 4,398 yards and 28 touchdowns with 13 interceptions. I am amazed that anyone could think Tom had a sub-par season.

Tom had a great STATS wise season but to see him out there throwing some pretty bad passes and some ill advised double coverage INTs which mostly came against good teams on the road, you have to realize that Brady had better years with worse stats.

Why not play in the pro bowl?

2 Words....

Robert Edwards

Wasnt even in the pro bowl its self, it was in a flag football game on the beach before the actual game.

LMAO at the tags to this thread. Touche' to whoever added "that makes no sense".

Last edited:

More people are going to watch the Pro-Bowl the week before the Super Bowl and the NFL season no longer ends on an anti-climatic note.

It was still a fantastic move, in my mind.

Why does anyone cares who actually suits up? If no one really cares who wins then no one is going to care about that either. Now it's just something that adds to the two week Super Bowl experience/atmosphere for anyone in town who wants to check out.

Vince Young is going to be the back-up quarterback in the AFC if the Colts win on Sunday. Enough said.

I'm not going to watch a game with a watered down team full of 2nd and 3rd alternate players, and I wouldn't be surprised if their ratings are worse for the game than before.

Tom had a great STATS wise season but to see him out there throwing some pretty bad passes and some ill advised double coverage INTs which mostly came against good teams on the road, you have to realize that Brady had better years with worse stats.

No, I don't buy that Brady's performance was anything but superb this year. He had his second-best all-around season ever, surpassed only by 2007. His interception rate was only 2.3 percent, and he completed nearly 66 percent of his passes; his QB rating was 95-plus. How can you say he had better years with worse stats? Give some examples, please. With the possible exception of Welker, he was the team's MVP and the primary reason we won the division. But if you want to find fault with his playoff effort you'll get no argument from me there.

Vince Young is going to be the back-up quarterback in the AFC if the Colts win on Sunday. Enough said.

I'm not going to watch a game with a watered down team full of 2nd and 3rd alternate players, and I wouldn't be surprised if their ratings are worse for the game than before.

It could lead to undeserving players getting recognized as Pro-Bowlers, but this has happened every season regardless.

Plus with the new format it can prevents some "snubs" from occurring, seeing as if you just missed out you'll likely have a chance to still make it once the non-participants drop out.

There's no doubt in my mind the ratings will be higher. While I still think actually playing the Pro-Bowl is very unnecessary, it will continue to make extra money for the league and even more so now.

Last edited:

Of all the times Brady missed I think he definitely has a legitimate reason this time around

he's all banged up. No sense in adding to that in a meaningless game

He needs to get healthy!!

This year's Pro Bowl seems about as popular as the Buffalo Bill's Head Coaching job. By next week we'll be watching Alex Smith vs. Brady Quinn.

No thanks.

This year's Pro Bowl seems about as popular as the Buffalo Bill's Head Coaching job. By next week we'll be watching Alex Smith vs. Brady Quinn.

No thanks.

Who WOULDN'T want to see that barnburner of an offensive contest? :rolleyes:

Why not play in the pro bowl?

2 Words....

Robert Edwards

Actually, that's an argument for not playing football in the sand on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back