PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady more mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPats1

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I first noticed it during a prime time game (I think vs Cincy on NBC) and Collinsworth had mentioned BB told Brady he has some chances to run/move to make plays and Brady wanted to get better at it. Since then he had a nice play moving to the left to hit Amendola for a TD and some other less notable plays. In general, I think he's doing a great job moving around and not just sliding in the pocket.

Anyone else feel the same?

Touch down Tom on the move!

bos_a_bradyt_cr_600.jpg

he looks more mobile

maybe better training paid off

maybe better OL makes it look that way

maybe modern chemistry

maybe.........who knows?

Yes I've noticed. It amazes me that even at 37 brady is getting better at certain things. His pocket presence lately has just been a thing of beauty. Really fun to watch.

He does look light on his feet. He has always seemed smooth and relaxed even under pressure.

you people are seeing things you wanna see...he's the same Brady, probably even a step slower, but then how the hell could you ever tell? Experience...his ability to process situations and act accordingly, instinctively..THAT is what we're seeing.

Must be all that Brazilian salsa dancing he's doing...

Not mobile as in scrambler obviously but he's moving better in the pocket than I have ever seen him. He seems to be fully aware of the pass rush and knows when to step up and when to get the ball out of there. I don't know what clicked after the Chiefs game but it makes him even more fun to watch.

probably has to do with him seeing gronk go through a similar injury, and then put his body on the line game after game while doing press conferences where he says stuff like "we're going to do whatever we can to make brady look like brady again" Brady has these young guys who really buy into the system, and give 100% and I think Brady is really feeding on that energy right now.

He's always had phenomenal pocket presence.

However, his accuracy while throwing on the run does seem to have improved this year. (Not sure of the stats, could be wrong.) Check out this beauty, from the Bears game, at around the 0:51 mark. (Also, I seem to recall seeing a replay angle from over the shoulder that made the play look all the more incredible.)

http://www.patriots.com/media-cente...ghlights/1cb27479-fcd6-4c64-a577-c43f47f7fc0b

It was mentioned several times during OTAs and training camp that the QBs were doing drills to improve their ability to keep plays alive and complete a throw on the move. It was a specific area targeted for improvement after being identified as a weakness/missed opportunity last season.

Pretty cool to see this added dynamic. And to think, when people thought of how Brady's game would change in his late 30's, I don't think most would have bet on him making strides in his mobility game.

G-O-A-T

I think that he has looked better going out of the pocket during the last couple of weeks then I've seen from him before. He's always been good at steping around in the pocket. But he looks better at geting outside the pocket now than before.

he just went old school and is doing what he did before 2007

it also helps him that the blocking has become much more predictable

I don't remember the reporter, but I heard on the radio yesterday that Brady decided to work on scrambling and throwing on the run during the offseason.

I don't remember the reporter, but I heard on the radio yesterday that Brady decided to work on scrambling and throwing on the run during the offseason.
I have suspected this for a while, and even posted about it. Every offseason Brady picks a piece of his game to work on. It seems likely that this offseason was about pocket awareness and movement.

Belie chick was quoted yesterday as saying Brady is excelling at this aspect of the game. Then his final quote was that this has always been part of Brady's game in the past. In other words Joker is right

The pocket presence he is showing now is the one he showed earlier in his career and prime. If Brady keeps playing like this he will definitely extend his career some. He is a full year younger than Manning who still plays at a high level.

Also wih Three Centers on the interior Stork - Connolly and Wendy have done a very good job giving him a clean pocket. Our Tackles do have their hiccups but atleast Brady knows where the pressure is coming from so he can adjust accordingly by stepping up or sliding left or right to evade the rush.

He Is getting back the mobility he had earlier in his career. It's the same mobility he didn't have against the Giants in 2 super bowls. It is critical for him to be able to side step defenders in the pocket and make a throw as opposed to taking a sack. When i see that i know the brady of old is back.

this movement is what he did prior to the 2007 injury. Past couple of years he had become quite stationary in the pocket now he is definitely sliding left or right; stepping up an back. I remember when jaws used to say Brady is the most mobile qb , and he seems to be getting back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes