PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady Hurt????

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is washed up. For Tom Brady standards, he's not the same. Although washed up Tom Brady is still better than 90% of the league. Geez, is it really that hard to understand what I'm saying.

I feel like I'm just talking to a bunch of Tom Brady fan boys, instead of intelligent New England football fans.

I am a HUGE fan of his. I like Tom a lot. He's still good, but you guys are in denial if you still think he's the Brady of old. He's 34. He's lost velocity on his deep ball. He's become surprisingly inaccurate.

I'm seeing the same things I started to see in Peyton last year. Simple mechanics that aren't the same.

I don't know why we can't nitpick on Brady a bit. I hold him to a much higher regard, than someone like Jay Cutler.

If we're going to drool over everything good he does, then it's only fair to criticize him when he's making a lot of mistakes that's not typical of Tom Brady.

You can't have it both ways. You can't put him as one of the greatest ever in one breath, then make excuses when he's simply playing pretty mediocre football.

The last three games he's been rather blah. Although the Cowboys game, I admit, he was pretty good in the second half. I'm just seeing him make a lot of mistakes that's uncharacteristic of him.

You got to wake and realize Brady is human. I'm sorry, I'm starting to see some serious red flags in his game that suggest he's on the decline.

It might be hard to accept, but no one stays on top forever. He's still a VERY GOOD QB, but an elite QB? Those days are coming to an end.

Did you notice the difference between the first 3 games of this season??

Did you notice his game winning drive in the Dallas Game???

Right now it is Brees, Rodgers and Brady at the top...

Brady's not injured and he doesn't need to be traded.

Clearly, the ppl hating are either bandwagon riders and trying to jump on the 'very overrated' Aaron Rodgers wagon or just Jets fans.

1st- Yes the refs cheated the Patriots, I'm gonna stand by that, 100%.

I believe I saw a Giant fumble during the kick-off on a drive before the last TD drive, where the ref ruled the player down by contact(BS). The pass inteference call on Arrington was straight up BS. It looked more like Offensive Interference, but the NFL and refs had to try and rebuild the SB moment for the Giants for some reason. The fumble call on Brady, was an incomplete pass, his arm was obviously going forward and the ball was coming out. I'm just gonna assume that the refs had bet on the Giants to win that game and had to make them win, with these obvious cheats.

2ndly - Tom Brady has been off the last few games, but it's not just him, it's his recievers who forget how to catch and his O-line, that is failing to block properly. Tom Brady in the 4th quarter of the last 3 games, has been nearly perfect, he's been completely unaware of the pressure or how horrible his o-line plays -- so spare me the Brady getting happy feet BS, since the Pollard hit for another day. As much as he was being knocked around behind the line, who could blame him for rushing a few plays, I'm not gonna lie, I thought he was gonna be sacked on nearly every play. Good thing, he was great enough to get the ball out.

Onto Aaron Rodgers -- He continues on his streak of beating no good teams or defenses and I'm still unimpresssed. Are we really gonna overrate Aaron Rodgers for doing something that Brady already did (much better by the way) against the Chargers? The only thing I was impressed by was Philip Rivers, the guy was handing GB the game while still shredding the very overrated GB defense.

It's very unfortunate some of you so-called Patriots fans are really gonna trash Brady for going against competitive defenses, even with getting cheated by refs, still putting his team in a position to win, while overrating and praising Aaron Rodgers for crushing teams who aren't beating anybody else this season. Shame. Really.

And the Patriots have beaten good teams? How can you not be impressed?

He beat the Bears, they played in the NFC championship game. He beat Drew Brees and the Saints, a lot of people's pick to represent the NFC.

I like Brady more personally, but you can't deny what Rodgers is doing. And you cannot deny he's hands down the best QB in the league right now. By far to be honest.

Give credit where its due. Oh yeah, did he not shred the Steelers defense in the SB? That was one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen.

One thing I will say, Aaron Rodgers DOES by far and away have the best receiving group in the NFL. However, his line sucks and his running game is blah.

Last edited:
Did you notice the difference between the first 3 games of this season??

Did you notice his game winning drive in the Dallas Game???

Right now it is Brees, Rodgers and Brady at the top...

The Brady of old would be on top of them all, not somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
Why do we need this Rodgers vs Brady mentality anyways?

Can't we just appreciate both? I actually sorta see a young Tom Brady, but with more mobility in Aaron Rodgers. Why pin one against the other, and just enjoy two AWESOME QB's, that we get the privilege to see in the same era.

As a football fan that's all you can really ask for. Rodgers seems like a classy guy. A few years ago he did an interview, and was asked who his top 5 QB's were. He refused to put himself in. And guess who his number one guy was? Tom Brady. In fact he said Tom Brady was WAY BETTER than everyone else.

The guy is really humble, and has tons of respect for Brady. I've seen him also say that Brady is as great as anyone who has played the game.

Really they're a lot of like. Both Brady and Rodgers had to fight for everything they've gotten. Anyone who is a Brady fan can at least appreciate Rodgers.

I really look forward to the day we get to see both on the same field. Unfortunately that wasn't allowed last season. :(

Last edited:
I did notice one thing,especially in the past two games

Brady is starting to have that happy feet syndrome like Bledsoe did all those years.

I don't see the confident in the pocket passer we are used to seeing,Brady in the past would never look around the pocket and just forward to find an open receiver.

Now you see him looking left and right and it knocks his productivity off badly.

Koppen syndrome.

Related to Saturday Syndrome with the Forehead and Mangold Syndrome with GQ.

if it is tendonitis he must be in a great deal of pain. I've had tendonitis in my wrists and it can be pretty painful. If TFB has a injury then that would explain why he isn't playing that great.

To answer the OP, no, he's 34 years old and on the decline.

Well according to my girlfriend who is just the most enlightened of all football fans on this planet :rolleyes: he is hurt.

She claims this because apparently some papporazzi clown was following Giselle, Tom, and the little ones and overheard Giselle say to one of the kids "no roughhousing with daddy his arm is hurt".

I have no idea where, when, or even IF this actually happened, and I'm pretty sure this info is worth diddly squat, but I thought I'd share mostly because I thought it was a pretty weird report of an injury.

Now please understand that my wonderful girlfriend is the type to ruin the "telephone" game when she is second in line! Lol

Even if true It doesn't mean anything, just thought it was interesting.

Lombardi did mention that the ball wasn't coming out of his hand well so an injury is plausible.

Personally, I don'tthink it's amonster issue IF we could dispense with the 4 turnover efforts.

Zero turnovers and make a chipshot field goal effort means a two score victory.

This thread will look silly once Brady is out of this little slump he is in and even bad Brady is giving the team a shot to win the game with a horrible defense.

Some of you guys don't remember Brady's bad games from 2001-2007, remember the playoff game at Denver?
Some of you guys are listening to Felger too much too.

The Brady of old would be on top of them all, not somewhere in the middle.

You were great in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." That is one hell of a film, one of my favorites.

According to Bedard, Brady has been wearing the band for tennis elbow since during the Dallas game. Coincidentally, his accuracy has been way off since then with more flat-out inaccurate throws in his last three games as in his first five games combined.

Haynesworth a lost cause in New England - The Boston Globe

According to Bedard, Brady has been wearing the band for tennis elbow since during the Dallas game. Coincidentally, his accuracy has been way off since then with more flat-out inaccurate throws in his last three games as in his first five games combined.

Haynesworth a lost cause in New England - The Boston Globe

I was at the Oakland game and the Raiders fans also noticed a larger than expected bad throws.

Still the more important issue is decision making.

My inclination would be to say yes. Anytime in the last 4-5 years Brady has gone through a slump (and I do hesitate to call this a slump per se, but he has been off), it normally tracks back to injuries we find out about later - broken ribs, broken finger, hernias, whatever.

My big fear was that it tracked back to taking a blow to the knee in the Buffalo game and wondering if some damage was done there.

Arm tendinitis makes sense given some of the things we know - but if that's the case, they should really be limiting his reps in practice. And developing a running game they can rely on so he doesn't have to launch 50 throws in a given week.

Damn you Richard Seymour!

On the noted bad throws, Seymour wasn't in the same time zone.

Injuries are fact in the NFL. Just look at 2005. However, a 34 year old is different than a 28 year old.

Lombardi also noticed that Brady seems reluctant to throw deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back