PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady clicking with his receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bargod

On the Roster
Reaction score
On two plays it appears that a receiver jumped up for a ball that was intended for another reciever. On the Brady tippped interception Gabriel jumped for a ball that looked too high for him but it appeared there was another reciever behind him. Then later Caldwell did the same thing and the commentators caught mentioned it. The receivers looked better this week but this might be an indication they still need some time to gel.

Bargod said:
On two plays it appears that a receiver jumped up for a ball that was intended for another reciever. On the Brady tippped interception Gabriel jumped for a ball that looked too high for him but it appeared there was another reciever behind him. Then later Caldwell did the same thing and the commentators caught mentioned it. The receivers looked better this week but this might be an indication they still need some time to gel.

I think it was the best this week that we've seen it, and improvements have been made each and every week. I expect this to get better as well, and I'm sure watching tape on it this week that they'll improve again next week.

They remain a work in progress but we are beginning to see some significant progress. I think they will be a more consistent and polished unit by the time they return from the bye.

Bargod said:

Leave Brady and his WRs alone. The chemistry and timing will come in time.;)
It may not come fast enough to satisfy fans, but it will come. They are a work in progress. What I saw yesterday, was a dominating running game, and a passing attack that's making progress. The timing is not all there yet, but it's coming along game by game.
Have patience my friend, and all will be well.:)

Bargod said:

The Gabriel one was definitely thrown meant for him. The Caldwell one I missed, but Geno and Gil wer convinced that it was meant for an open Watson who was 5 yards further down from Caldwell.

Something was off on the Gabriel one, but I don't know whether it was high or Gabriel sat down a little out of position. Because it looked to me that Gabriel was perfectly situated, I lean towards it being a bad pass.

I could be wrong because I was a little distracted, but it seemed to me that NE went away from these types of "if the WR and QB aren't in synch the pass has a high likelihood of being intercepted" passes.

I am still not that concerned about it.

Last edited:
DefenseRules said:
Have patience my friend, and all will be well.:)

They did play better this week and i know 4 games does not a season make. I just found this message board a week or so ago and I couldn't believe all the nay sayers and the negativity about the receiving corps. I've posted a few times that they will come around. September is Gabriel's training camp. I don't think any of us can venture a guess as to who the intended receiver was for either play or where the ball was suppose to go. The advantage Brady had with Branch was that they would both know where the defense was and where to break off routes and thought the same way. I know this will come in time for Gabriel.

Last week a majority of fans were all doom and gloom over the loss to Denver. Where Cincy is a hot team I know WEEI is going to light up with fans saying the Pats are the best team in the league. I think they are somewhere in between with a lot of potential. In an otherwise fantastic game I wondering out loud it would take from things to become second nature for he and his receivers. He said after the loss last week that he was more comfortable with his team now than he was before the game. When they click, the wingspan of archangel Gabriel will be a nasty tool for Brady. :D

As a lot of us have been saying, it just takes time for them to get it together. They are getting better each week - can't wait to see how they'll be in Nov. & Dec. Even one of the commentators on one of the highlight shows said, "I thought they didn't have any receivers!" over the Doug Gabriel TD highlight. They're starting to click and it can only get better!

Cincy has no run D whatsoever, which obviously opens everything up. I would say we're evolving, but we're not there yet.

Give 'em a little time bar. They're getting there. I think some of TB's overthrows are a matter of figuring out how guys run their routes, also. We are well aware of his ability to thread the needle so I think once he and the WRs finally figure each other out they'll be fine. From his quotes he's looking forward to having some big WR targets across the middle of the field, something he's never really had before.

Brady still has a ways to go...he is terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes