PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady Calling ALL His Own Plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

If BB believed running the ball more was the best approach, believe me they would. We carry 3 TE and 5 RB for no other reason I can fathom. Yet it doesn't work so Brady must be calling passing plays to pad his stats...

In another thread someone wondered why other teams have a TE their QB can count on as an outlet. Ours are primarily assistant OLineman for a reason... And still that isn't enough. But it must be Brady calling the plays... What ever else could it be...

You're putting other ideas into this thread. The thread is not complaining about the calls that are made. Simply an inquiry into have the Patriots changed their system since Josh is gone. Good try though.

You're putting other ideas into this thread. The thread is not complaining about the calls that are made. Simply an inquiry into have the Patriots changed their system since Josh is gone. Good try though.

They called the same plays when Josh was here or have you forgotten that lost superbowl...

Brady was running a no huddle silent count offense on the road yesterday. His headset was on but they were using simple signals on whiteboards to alert the offense to the calls which matched the armband each of them was wearing as a result. Good try though.

Re: Is Brady Calling His Own Plays?

Hard to see on TV ... so perhaps our members at the game next week can check it out?

Isaiah Stanback and Chad O'Shea were holding up whiteboards on the sidelines, each with a number. Every skill position player had a wristband, and presumably those numbers corresponded to numbers on the wristbands, which corresponded to formations/plays. Brady wasn't calling his own plays.

I will mention that I did see Belichick looking at a color-coded play sheet at one point in the game though. Not laminated Andy Reid-style, but crinkled up, folded up Belichick style.

The fact of the matter is, you have a VERY young coaching staff and a fairly young team (on defense - offense is elderly) in the second game of the season. This is very much a work in progress.

Last edited:
Other than the whiteboard game ... does anyone know the answer to this question?

How much of the game is Brady calling his own play or audibles?

I'm thinking it has to be at least 20% - 25% ... perhaps ... but I don't know.

Does anyone here know?

Or perhaps analyzed enough game footage to take an educated guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back