Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Bin Laden still their leader? Snow's unsure

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Mar 1, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Tony Snow: ‘I Don’t Know’ If Bin Laden Is The Leader Of Al Qaeda

On Sunday, it will have been 2,000 days since the 9/11 terror attacks — 2,000 days that Osama bin Laden has spent on the loose, living in freedom.

Yesterday, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow was asked about new U.S. intelligence showing that bin Laden is in Pakistan actively re-establishing al Qaeda training camps.

At first Snow claimed that this was “an intelligence matter that I’m not going to be able to go into,” despite the fact that the new National Intelligence Director had testified about this topic the day before. He then suggested that bin Laden may now be “marginalized.” A reporter responded, “Isn’t he the leader of al Qaeda?” Snow answered, “Well, I don’t know. It’s a real question about who assumes operational command.” Watch it:

Last month, Vice President Cheney referenced the #3 leader of al Qaeda “underneath Osama bin Laden and Zawahiri.” In December, Snow himself referred to al Qaeda as “the bin Laden organization.” Moreover, President Bush, Tony Snow, and other White House officials frequently quote bin Laden as proof that al Qaeda considers Iraq “the central battlefield in the war on terror.”

Only when the Bush administration is asked to face the truth about the threat that bin Laden poses do they pretend he might be a bit player. Otherwise, they’re happy to use his propaganda to justify their failing policies.

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

now, i post this for a number of reasons... the most obvious being that Tony Snow is nothing more than a mouthpiece and buffer shield for Neocon embarrassment... as two press secretary's resignations portray, it's hard keeping Bush League lies straight... Coming from Fox, Snowjob was genetically engineered for the position...

but further, i find it hilarious that so many Bush Leaguers, in so many walks of life, desperately cling to the assertion that bin Laden doesn't matter... that, in light of the fact that they've failed to catch him, he's conveniently marginalized to "figurehead" status...

what exactly is our government saying to the victims' families of 9/11? the the symbol and face of the enemy that killed their husbands, wife, fathers, mothers, gets a free pass because we're not willing to step on toes necessary to reel him in? does anyone honestly believe that Osama, as withered and sickly as he MAY be, is not the standard under which Al Qaeda rallies? that hauling his ass in and holding him to trial and execution should not be the prime goal of this fraudulent "War on Terror?" ... and yet we do nothing, and barely talk about him... in fact, our "leader" even went so far as to say:

"He's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. ... So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied."

People say he'd be made a martyr... Well, so the feck what? ... He's not already a living icon around which they all rally? He's not going to be "brought to justice?" .... every day this man and his henchmen live is a failure of Bush's alledged promise...

oh yes, and for the record, Dumbya followed up that quote with this one:

“Gosh, I just don’t think I ever said I’m not worried about Osama bin Laden. It’s kind of one of those exaggerations. Of course we’re worried about Osama bin Laden.” (October 13, 2004)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

well, i know the Neo-cons will dismiss this all as they did all of Farenheit 911 as just agenda driven fantasy, but notice nobody ever did directly take on any of these facts when Michael Moore presented it.
    Never forget that Bush 41 was once the head of the CIA.
    http://www.thedubyareport.com/bushbin.html

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'll go further to pose this:

if bin Laden is indeed dead, as many suspected when the CIA hit him at Tora Bora in late 2001, then why isn't the best estimates of the U.S. intelligence services being made public? why isn't it widely stated that the Bush Administration believes he is dead? is it because it aides their cause somehow for people to believe he still breathes?

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

.... as opposed to any Democrat presidential (or other office) press secretary.

Get real, cry-baby.

//

6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's because without hard physical DNA evidence that he was among those killed at Tora Bora, anybody who said he was dead would look pretty stupid when bin Laden shows up the next day in a video holding a copy of the day's Washington Post in his hands.

Duh.

//

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +424 / 12 / -26

Perhaps it serves the propaganda machine, so Tokyo Snow can keep everyone guessing... if we do not know the truth, and keep spending time on trying to figure it out then we never deal with the real issues, i.e. the liars in the White House.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so, even though you were not personally attacked in any way shape or form, you opt to label your opponent both a "cry baby" and dumb inside of two posts.... meanwhile you act above QuiGon with your pretentious lecture about ad-hominem... another shining example of profound hypocrisy from our favorite God Squader...

truce over, you remain a d!ck...

9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I'm going to throw out something crazy out there, which is that Bin Laden is a family friend of the Bush's who released home videos at opportune times to help create fear and paralysis.

JOKING! kind of.

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Do you have a body? Do you have a confirmed kill? What if you say WMD's are in Iraq and then you get there and they aren't?

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

You are correct that is crazy, I would even think it might be insane.

But some will buy in hook line and sinker. It may even become the basis of the next Moore film is anyone can get him away from the buffet line.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, that was perfectly stupid... why bother? his previous film already exposed a number of Bushie tactics your favorite party has yet to really recover from...

anyhow, everyone knows Moore's next film will be taking on the fraudulent and corrupt medicare system in our fine republic...

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

Is he going to splice film, lie, and misrepresent the truth in the name of an important messag in that film too? :D

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

I'm not a mamber of any party, try again. How is thew lawsuit by the soldier who Mr Moore misrepresnted going?

What type of scumbag takes advantage of a wounded soldier by misrepresenting his views, to make a buck off him.

Pretty desoicable don't you think?

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you mean like how Fox News and your favorite administration do on an hourly basis to the american people?

anyhow, show me a lie in Fahrenheit.... i challenged you on that when we first encountered eachother here, and you slinked away then as well... still waiting..

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

I provided a number of links that explained them. Of course, you're Agenda Boy, so.....:D

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Here is one of his lies a despicable one at that:

What a hateful scumbag.

18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

not a lie... case was thrown out of court...

next?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

The fact remains he did not seek the soldiers permission or reemburse him. You can spin it any way you want. Your attitude towards Moore exploiting this wounded soldier speaks volumes about you congrats.

Funny how the court's position make Moore honest given the number of unsubstantiated allegations you unquestioningly accepts as 'lies about the administration.:rolleyes:

20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the only fact here is that the case was laughed out of court, and the judge SAID: "anyone watching Damon's brief appearance in the film would not believe Damon shared Moore's anti-war and anti-Bush views"

you're the one spinning.... you remain angry that your chimp of a president was exposed six ways from Sunday in the film, and you need to grasp at any straw you can... still waiting for more alledged "lies" in Fahrenheit... or was that your best work?