PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Bill O'Brien leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear he calls a complex style game.

flowf.jpg

haha, that's classic stuff!

Any chance BB could reach out to Brian Billick to be our new OC??????

Interesting that you mention this Ochmed as I had a similar thought the other day. I wondered if Billick or possibly Dennis Green would be interested in the OC position and whether Belichick would be interested in either. Green is old enough that he might not have head coaching aspirations anymore and he's put together some very good offenses in his career. Billick may need the buzz of performing well again as an OC to get another shot at a head coaching position.

flowf.jpg

That's awesome :) Though it's funnier now that the season is over. If I saw that while watching a game live and seeing O'Brien call that play for the third time in a drive, I'd throw my remote through the TV.

As for Billick, he did a good job in Minnesota, and worked with Moss there too. But he's got a major ego that he's not going to check, and the Baltimore offense was a total disaster while he was there. I know he's a big name, but he hasn't done much unless he's had outstanding talent.

BB has to figure out whether O'Brien is the next Josh McDaniels or not. He obviously struggled in his first season calling plays here, but whether he's going to improve or not is really important. If not, then goodbye. If so, they should name him OC officially and BB should work on developing his play-calling.

One can only hope.

amen to that.....worst OC in many years here.....NO CREATIVITY or adjustments whatsoever..........at least McDaniels would try to get creative once in awhile.....OB.....talk about Vanilla!!!!!

flowf.jpg

Excellent, my friend. Just excellent! I remember that I started to get a feel for that play about halfway through the Indy game (I would venture to guess that we called that play more then ten times in that game). From then on, I could always recognize the play when the offense lined up. Brady in the shotgun, Faulk to his side, then there was a 90% chance that draw play was being run. I'd even call it out beforehand. "Draw play to Faulk up the A-Gap".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back