PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Belichick or Kraft in charge????

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can't really be this naive, can they? When someone wants 80 million or so, pretty much any owner will make the decision on that. Do people think Belichick goes up to Kraft and says don't be a cheap pr**k, I luvs randy, you're stupid?

Ha ha ha.

So then point to a confirmed case of Kraft making a football decision based on money. "I think Krafts didn't want to pay Seymour" doesn't count.

Or did you forget how Kraft has repeatedly said he doesn't get involved in the football side of things? Or maybe how they spend to the cap every year?

Hey cool! Another terrible Randy Moss thread.

failure0400.jpg

So then point to a confirmed case of Kraft making a football decision based on money. "I think Krafts didn't want to pay Seymour" doesn't count.

Or did you forget how Kraft has repeatedly said he doesn't get involved in the football side of things? Or maybe how they spend to the cap every year?

Actually, for any pre 2001 fans, Kraft was handing out huge long term contracts to everybody, including Law and Lawyer Milloy and I believe the largest contract ever to Bledsoe.

I don't want to make anyone cry, but BB has been much more fiscally responsible undoubtedly telling Kraft when it's time to retire players that Kraft really like. Yes, Kraft is the sentimental one, Belichick is much more likely to tell him when a player's too old for a long term contract.

I doubt Kraft get's involved at all in contract talks until he gets BB's opinion.

Sorry, there's no Santa Claus. Keep the nite lite on.

You misunderstood my post. Kraft doesn't need to get involved because Belichick tells him who's worth a long term contract and who's not. Since Belichick is much mre ruthless and calculating, Kraft doesn't need to. He hires BB to manage things. Kraft is a fan, he wants the best players. BB is the manager. People here have it backwards.

My point was simply that BB is not going to tell Kraft to sign someone or not, because it's Krafts money. If Kraft had his way, we'd be overpaying all the time, because he's a fan, not a football expert.

Randy Moss is a fog daker

All im saying if its not football or locker room related , then why is not Randy Moss here?? because Patriot Place is the ultimate fail???? This was all Kraft, he was disrespected by Moss all offseason , the gala, and then the press confrence.. Randy Moss helps you more in 12 games than the next 3rd round bust we draft... Look he is not here anymore and that sucks, because moss on the team will be better than seeing him tourch our young and inept secondary on Oct 31st...

All im saying if its not football or locker room related , then why is not Randy Moss here?? because Patriot Place is the ultimate fail????
Maybe and maybe the Illuminati run the world and maybe 9/11 was an inside job and maybe aliens are at Area 51...

All im saying if its not football or locker room related , then why is not Randy Moss here?? because Patriot Place is the ultimate fail???? This was all Kraft, he was disrespected by Moss all offseason , the gala, and then the press confrence.. Randy Moss helps you more in 12 games than the next 3rd round bust we draft... Look he is not here anymore and that sucks, because moss on the team will be better than seeing him tourch our young and inept secondary on Oct 31st...

Because Randy didn't want to be here. That's it.

Randy basically said it in his press conference on Thursday.

"Did I want to get traded out of New England? I don't know," Moss said. "But all I can say is there's no other place I would have wanted to get traded to than here."

and

"I think when I got traded from New England I feel it was more of an understanding. I’ve said time and time again. This is not football, man. It’s a job, it’s a business. When the fans of the game understand the business of the game I think it’ll be better for everyone."

Welker basically confirmed it.

"Just because he was the guy always giving pep talks before the game, halftime, after the game. Not knowing that he was wanting to get traded the whole time was a little bit disappointing."

He didn't want to be used as a decoy in a contract year. He wanted to put up stats. That is why he wanted to be traded. There is no need to find some hidden second shooter. He and everyone else has told you. Its a job. Its business. When the fans of the game understand the business of the game I think it’ll be better for everyone. Randy made his business decision and it is time to move on.

Back to the original question: "Is Belichick or Kraft in charge?"

I believe that if Belichick felt for even one moment that the Krafts were in charge of football decisions, he would have already grabbed a piece of scrap paper and scribbled "I resign as HC of NEP" on it.

Since that has not happened, Belichick must still be in charge of football operations while the Krafts have plenty to do running the business side of the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back