PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Belichick or Kraft in charge????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullcrap. I saw his meltdown following the Cincy game with my own 2 eyes (like probably 99% of the rest of this forum). There ain't nothing "conjecture" about it.

I guess you missed the happy Moss during and after the Bill's game. Its funny how he was worried about his contract all season and then he suddenly seemed to be in a great mood for that one game. And then the following week we know what happened. I think someone in the pats organization was dishonest with randy.

A confrontation that everyone has said never happened. So do you have a habit of believing every baseless rumor you hear? I know exactly what the krafts are because I know the history of the team and how we usually handle players who want to get paid.

You mean they sign the ones they think are worth keeping and let the rest go, just like every other team?

Oh, right. This is just another attempt on your part to not-so-subtly intimate that the Krafts are cheap. How novel.

Bullcrap. I saw his meltdown following the Cincy game with my own 2 eyes (like probably 99% of the rest of this forum). There ain't nothing "conjecture" about it.

You call that a meltdown??? :lol2:

Sounds like some people are listening to Ron Bogus, that was his conspiracy theory today on the radio, he also echoed the Wilfork line. Of course Ron only believes the players when they support his ideas.
I guess if it makes you feel better about losing Moss, go ahead and believe Jonathan Kraft engineered the whole deal.

You call that a meltdown???

Yes, that was an odd and selfish thing to do after a big win to open the season.

A confrontation that everyone has said never happened.
Wow. People involved in a confrontation denied anything happened. So you starting watching sports when...? 2 months ago...?
So do you have a habit of believing every baseless rumor you hear?
Not at all. My number 1 rule is to consider the source (or sources). And in this case, the sources include some very reliable, respected people such as Mike Reiss and Adam Shefter.
I know exactly what the krafts are because I know the history of the team and how we usually handle players who want to get paid.
When you google "James Busch Orthwein" don't forget the "Busch". Otherwise you may get him confused with some lawyer by the same name.

Sounds like some people are listening to Ron Bogus, that was his conspiracy theory today on the radio, he also echoed the Wilfork line. Of course Ron only believes the players when they support his ideas.
I guess if it makes you feel better about losing Moss, go ahead and believe Jonathan Kraft engineered the whole deal.

Yeah, its not like Kraft has ever done anything this stupid before...

Seymour. :rolleyes:

You call that a meltdown??? :lol2:
Uh yeah I do. What do you call it? Normal postgame happiness? The scene was ridiculously bizarre, to say the least.

You pink hats have no idea how lucky you are and how good you have it.

Last edited:
Kraft ultimately calls the shots. He could can bb tomorrow if he wanted to.

As for moss, he was like a toaster. The moment he popped, he was done.

He knew he wasn't getting his deal here so HD shot his way out of town.

Now watch as the Vikings implode.

Seymour was Kraft's call? You got a link for that?
Actually, I think the big question is why is she considering that move as being one in the "stupid" column? IIRC, there were tremendous amounts of praise for the move considering we got a 1st rounder for him.

Yeah, its not like Kraft has ever done anything this stupid before...

Seymour.

That was all BB, most of the writers that thought that was a stupid move have come around and are now saying in retrospect it was a pretty good move. They werent able to pay both Wilfork and Seymour, Wilfork is more important in this 3-4 two gap defense, so they were never gonna resign big Sey.

Wilfork parroted what BB said. Which means one thing and only one thing -- that Vince isn't looking to be traded or cut.

As for the silly premise of the thread and Kraft not wanting to pay Moss. BB knows there will be a salary cap again. And Kraft has always allowed BB to spend every penny of the cap. If BB thought Moss was worth paying the money to resign him next year, Kraft would have gone along with it. BB obviously doesn't and Kraft has gone along with that as well.
A lifejacket of rational thought amongst a whirlpool in the ocean that continues to look more and more like a toilet bowl after flushing.

Thank you for a few seconds of sanity.

After the week 1 victory rant by Moss, it's hard to think anyone would believe he wanted to stay here unless he got paid. He saw the writing on the wall, he wasn't going to get the contract he wanted from BB, and with the changes in the offense, he wasn't going to get the contract he wanted from anyone else.

I don't believe there were any real conflicts other than the ones that normally pop up around a football team, nothing really out of the ordinary. If Moss got upset at one measly target in a big game, so what? He should be. I'd want a star player to want the ball. I'd be more concerned if Moss didn't care that he wasn't involved in the game.

I think BB realized Moss wasn't going to be a total team player this season due to the contract situation. I think Moss realized his best chances at a big fat contract were playing out the year somewhere else. And I think it was a mutual decision between the two sides that would benefit them both. BB knew it was crucial for this young team to develop as a whole team. Moss knew he'd have a chance to get that big payday.

I also think it was the best thing that could have happened to him actually, playing with a QB who will throw up all sorts of bad decisions and let him go make some plays. I expect Moss to have a huge year.

Like Steve from Fall River said on WEEI ...

If Bed, Bath and Beyond is behind on the rent then money needs to be saved somewhere.

:bricks::bricks::bricks:

Look if Bob or Johnathan Kraft have now eased there way back into the football spotlight, just let us know.. But if there was no problems ,and Bill Belichick is in total charge of football operations, why was there a Randy Moss trade...??? Because ownership wanted him gone... They were not going to pay him, they were offended on how moss trashed the Pats name and brand between the gala and opening day... Belichcik then must have no control of the organization anymore.. because if he does , he sound like he had no problem with Randy Moss.. No matter.. we will move on as we always do, curious to see if a Vincent jackson or Deion Branch join the team, would make a lot of sense on why this has happened, because im still a little puzzled..

I'm sure Bill went down to the bank to see if they'd give him enough money to pay Moss a long term contract, but credits tight these days.:rolleyes:

People can't really be this naive, can they? When someone wants 80 million or so, pretty much any owner will make the decision on that. Do people think Belichick goes up to Kraft and says don't be a cheap pr**k, I luvs randy, you're stupid?

Ha ha ha.

After the week 1 victory rant by Moss, it's hard to think anyone would believe he wanted to stay here unless he got paid. He saw the writing on the wall, he wasn't going to get the contract he wanted from BB, and with the changes in the offense, he wasn't going to get the contract he wanted from anyone else.

I don't believe there were any real conflicts other than the ones that normally pop up around a football team, nothing really out of the ordinary. If Moss got upset at one measly target in a big game, so what? He should be. I'd want a star player to want the ball. I'd be more concerned if Moss didn't care that he wasn't involved in the game.

I think BB realized Moss wasn't going to be a total team player this season due to the contract situation. I think Moss realized his best chances at a big fat contract were playing out the year somewhere else. And I think it was a mutual decision between the two sides that would benefit them both. BB knew it was crucial for this young team to develop as a whole team. Moss knew he'd have a chance to get that big payday.

I also think it was the best thing that could have happened to him actually, playing with a QB who will throw up all sorts of bad decisions and let him go make some plays. I expect Moss to have a huge year.

Sensical thoughts and probably the way it went down but is quashes all the conspiracy theories so it may not be popular :p

I guess you missed the happy Moss during and after the Bill's game. Its funny how he was worried about his contract all season and then he suddenly seemed to be in a great mood for that one game. And then the following week we know what happened. I think someone in the pats organization was dishonest with randy.
It was a preemptive strike, done before Moss had a meltdown similar to what happened in Minnesota and Oakland. He had started to show signs of implosion after being told that he would not be getting a new deal after this season. His oddball rantings pretty much show he was cracking and why risk having him turn into a dog and sabotaging things towards the end of the season? An unhappy Randy is not a very good player or influence.

Add to that, he'll be 34 in Feb and there may be no season in 2011. If they had signed him to say a 2 or 3 year deal (because there is no way he'd sign a 1 year deal), there's a chance that he could be 35 going on 36 by the next time he gets on the field. That's a disastrous business move.

Look if Bob or Johnathan Kraft have now eased there way back into the football spotlight, just let us know.. But if there was no problems ,and Bill Belichick is in total charge of football operations, why was there a Randy Moss trade...??? Because ownership wanted him gone... They were not going to pay him, they were offended on how moss trashed the Pats name and brand between the gala and opening day... Belichcik then must have no control of the organization anymore.. because if he does , he sound like he had no problem with Randy Moss.. No matter.. we will move on as we always do, curious to see if a Vincent jackson or Deion Branch join the team, would make a lot of sense on why this has happened, because im still a little puzzled..

Ok so either:

- Bob/Jonathon Kraft decided to change something that has made their team one the most successful of the last 10 years and as a result made them lots of money.

OR

- Belichick is spinning the story as he usually does to divert media attention and allow his team to focus on football, something he has a history of.

Yeah, the first seems way more likely. :rolleyes:

This.

Oh, I know what Wilfork said... but I highly doubt Wilfork was in the room when Moss had his alleged confrontation with the QB coach during halftime of a huge divisional road game. Wilfork is just echoing the party line because the best way to lessen the distraction from this move is to make like everything was absolutely fine.

But you go on believing the Krafts are the boogeymen! May I suggest you loosen the pink hat you're wearing so you can increase oxygen flow to vital organs?

And this. I was starting to think everyone on this board had been driven insane by the sudden shock of the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots