• No

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Go Jets

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick is the most valuable part of this team. Games are ultimately won on the field, and Brady wasn't at his best today. Patriots defense sucked, but they still only let up 23 points. That has a lot to do with good coaching. You can't go 14-2 every year.

I am sure he is not, but after this game maybe he should be. That was terrible. No ability to stop the run or the pass all day. Twice they give up a 3rd and long in the 3rd. One was 3rd and 12 the other 3rd and 15. Both times the WR was wide open. They can't pressure the QB. They can't tackle. Four false starts on the O-Line. They were dominated, plain and simple. After what we have seen the last few years it is clear they struggle with a solid D. The Ravens in 09, Jets last year, and Steelers here today. That was one of the worst defensive performances I can remember the Pats having in recent years. A game like that could be a fireable offense.

My reaction to this...

http://pics.livejournal.com/welurklate/pic/000s48eg

Belichick is the most valuable part of this team. Games are ultimately won on the field, and Brady wasn't at his best today. Patriots defense sucked, but they still only let up 23 points. That has a lot to do with good coaching. You can't go 14-2 every year.

The Steelers have been averaging 21 points a game, holding them to 23 is no big deal.

5-2 is good enough to keep most HC's jobs, and BB has certainly earned a certain amount of latitude. Having said that, I have been horrified by how bad the defense has been this season - dead last in the league in yards allowed, dead last in passing yards allowed - but I gave BB some slack because his schemes are notoriously complex and there was no offseason. But I expected or at least hoped for things to be much better after the bye week. Didn't see it today.

So do we still trust in BB? Yes and no. A lot of HC's could win with TFB. He seems to no longer be capable of building a defense. Let's remember that when he won those SBs we had a defense built largely on Parcell's draft picks - Ty Law, Will McG, Tedy, Lawyer, and so forth - plus some astute free agent pickups and trades that worked out (Vrabel, Rodney). The Midas touch seems to have abandoned his Hoodiness these days - Ochostinko can't get his damn hands on one ball, DB's are drafted or signed and given $Ms and then released (Meriweather, Bodden, Sanders, ...) - It's time we all put down the spiked coolaid and remember the immortal words of the Great Vince Lombardi:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE??

Last edited:
Its time for a change. Belichick is incapable of making in game adjustments and his personnel management in terms of building a team is putrid. His schemes and methods have become more stale than any other coaches' in the league and he refuses to consider alternate approaches to the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH What a moron

So for those few who want him gone. Who is your coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down