PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is BB hurting TB's chances for another ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
332z6ep.jpg

This might be sacriledge but a this stage of their careers - is BB hurting Brady's chances of getting another ring? Would we be better off with a slightly younger head coach and a change of philosophy to some extent?

Brady's getting older but his talent is just amazing and needs to get some more rings before he retires and I just don't think BB has created the best team around him for support - defense and offense. Horrible corners and no major RBs and really no star WR.

Can we ever imagine a Pats team with Brady as QB but no BB?

Despite every bone in my body screaming otherwise, I'm actually going to answer your question seriously.

Last time I checked, a Belichick-coached team made the SB last year and last time I checked it wasn't Belichick who took a safety on the first Patriots' Offensive play of the game, basically digging a 9--0 hole for his team in the first quarter; and it wasn't Belichick, but, indeed, a "star WR" (or at least the WR who led the NFL in WR receptions last year, if that doesn't qualify him as a "star") who dropped the pass that would have locked up a ring, unless you're among those who think the pass was badly thrown by the Quarterback, whose name you mention and whom you feel is so badly served by Belichick.

Indeed, the question could be reversed and asked as to exactly who deprived whom of another Ring last year, since it sure wasn't Bill Belichick, but only fools ask questions like that, since their content is meaningless to begin with.

Or, is your criterion of a good coach one who takes his team to the SB every year and not just five times, exceeded only by Don Shula and equaled only by Tom Landry in the entire history of the League; and, indeed, of all the QB's in the history of the NFL only one other has had as many chances to win an SB ring as Tom Brady (John Elway) and only four others have had as many chances (Bradshaw, Kelly, Montana and Staubach and only two of them aced the test every time); .

In other words, if there's a Head Coach on the planet who could give the Quarterback of the Patriots, whoever he might be, a better chance of winning a Super Bowl than Belichick, his identity is hidden from all perhaps but you.

Now, I think it's time for me to engage Ian's "Ignore" function. Good bye.

Last edited:
I think Batman was holding back the whole Justice League of America. He couldn't even fly.

We are now at page 7 of this incredible thread

Felger? That you???

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

everyone on here gets way to high with the wins and way to low with the loses

I really like the auto-complete function on the ignore list entry field. Well done. Has saved me lots of typing lately.

The '07 defense, although generally posed to stop an opponent, also choked on that final Super Bowl drive, having missed several opportunities to close out the victory.
You could call Samuel's drop a choke. I don't think Rodney choked though. You just can't play that ball any better. There was something, errr, supernatural, shall we say, going on there?

This might be sacriledge but a this stage of their careers - is BB hurting Brady's chances of getting another ring? Would we be better off with a slightly younger head coach and a change of philosophy to some extent?

Brady's getting older but his talent is just amazing and needs to get some more rings before he retires and I just don't think BB has created the best team around him for support - defense and offense. Horrible corners and no major RBs and really no star WR.

Can we ever imagine a Pats team with Brady as QB but no BB?
Is the New York Jets season cooked now that Revis has been placed on IR?

Go back to Jets Insider and pout another Just End The Season!

yay!

Turd of a thread exiled to turdland!

Firstly, weak decision by the forum moderator to move this thread to this sub-forum location. Very weak. Really, a pathetic display of intolerance for criticism of Belichick.

If you are going to advocate a coaching change, then tell me who do you hire.

GM
HC
DC
OC
I'm not advocating a coaching change (yet), but Belichick hasn't exactly excelled at GM (with a few obvious exceptions), HC (particularly in close games and postseason games) or DC (the defense is presently horrific) in recent years. Brady would make any OC look good.

Yeah, it really sucked how Belichick coached up a talent-deprived, injury-riddled defense into something good - or at least, complimentary - enough to get us 1 play from winning the Super Bowl last year.

If only we had Rex :bricks:
No thanks on Rex. Again, not advocating for a coaching change in NE. Just being more objective than anyone who's still willing to call Belichick a "genius" when his defense sucks and he's making decisions like phasing out his best WR.

Btw, the "talent-deprived" bit is Belichick's responsibility. And the 31st ranked defense of last season was hardly complimentary to 2nd ranked offense.

Good grief, here we go again.

First off, I'm not a homer. I've had many posts that disagreed with BB, and TFB. Secondly, you look like an azz when you puff out your chest, doing that whole "Im a long time season ticket holder" crap. My family had season tickets since the day the stadium opened, but I don't brag about it trying to make myself look like more of a fan than someone else. I went to games when that place was called Schaefer Stadium. I may have been young, but I remember Grogan, Sam Bam, and Francis. Just because I currently live in Nashville, Doesnt mean I'm less of a fan than you.

As for your opinions about BB, others have addressed your comments, and tried to show you why you are wrong. Your opinion obviously isnt going to be swayed, so I'm not going to bother explaining it to you again. You're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that you don't have a clue about BB, his past, or his future with this team. My advice is that you should become a Jets fan.
Nice job, hypocrite. Your personal history as a fan is as relevant (or irrelevant) as mine. You are the "azz" who brought it into the discussion by suggesting I was "pretending to be a fan." And this latest garbage about becoming a Jets fan. So eat ****. Just become I'm willing to render honest opinions (based on factual data) about Belichick does not make me clueless. In fact your resistance to even discuss legit criticisms of Belichick lessens your credibility to a substantial degree.

As for my arguments being proved wrong... where did that occur? All I see is a bunch of whiny, flaccid replies. I stand by each of my seven points. Just generally speaking, with relationship to the defense of 2011-2012... would you contend that Belichick is accurately referred to as a "genius"?

In other words, if there's a Head Coach on the planet who could give the Quarterback of the Patriots, whoever he might be, a better chance of winning a Super Bowl than Belichick, his identity is hidden from all perhaps but you.
The obvious fatal flaw of your argument is "the quarterback of the patriots whoever he might be" is Tom Brady, arguably the greatest QB in the entire history of the NFL. No other quarterback of this Patriots franchise has ever had his team annually competitive without exception. Belichick has only been competitive (i.e. contending for a championship) as a HC with Brady as his quarterback so he has never shown he could give "whoever quarterback" a chance of winning a Super Bowl. So your comment is factually incorrect.

As a kool aid drinking homer, I take exception to your whiney complaints. The only thing that would satisfy you is a super bowl win. Unfortunately, its not as easy as you seem to think. BB has provided the best winning, most stabilized team since 2001. As Jim Harbaugh says " who's got it better than us"?

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to your room.

Why? Because I don't adhere to your unconditional love of Belichick.
No, because i went and read most of your posts, all you do is trash the team, the coach, and other posters that don't agree with you. If you think the coach and team is that bad you wouldn't be a fan, your probably from the sqweelers, buffalo jills, or the jests.

The only thing that would satisfy you is a super bowl win.
Of course I'm not satisfied with anything less than a championship season. What are you hoping for?...second place?...another crushing Super Bowl defeat?

BB has provided the best winning, most stabilized team since 2001.
Since 2001? Hmm...who's been around since 2001? Oh yeah, Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes