PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is BB hurting TB's chances for another ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see......

Hmmmm Brady is 35 right?

So hiring a new coach and staff will suddenly produce a stud RB,HOF WR,and two shutdown corners within the 4 or 5 years Brady might play yet?

Man that would be something!!! :rolleyes:

Now go back To your room playing Madden 13 and leave your mommy's PC alone for these fantasy team dreams,o.k. Little guy?

This thread is a phony "plant" designed to get reaction. It has to be.

Please someone get this $h*t thread outta here.

It has no stars and it sucks so bad that it strips all other threads of any stars they have. A black hole of ignorance.

I know I can click ignore, but I'd prefer to know that the poop got scooped up.

Or maybe it isn't poop but just a Jets fan. Often mistaken for a pile of crap

Last edited:
The winningest coach in the NFL is really dragging him down. He better give Norv a try before its too late!

This might be sacriledge but a this stage of their careers - is BB hurting Brady's chances of getting another ring? Would we be better off with a slightly younger head coach and a change of philosophy to some extent?

Brady's getting older but his talent is just amazing and needs to get some more rings before he retires and I just don't think BB has created the best team around him for support - defense and offense. Horrible corners and no major RBs and really no star WR.

Can we ever imagine a Pats team with Brady as QB but no BB?

You know we made the super bowls last year right? Brady had a shot at a ring.

We lost to the 3-0 Cardinals by 2pts and the Ravens on the road by 1pt and you write this thread. Lets be real the Patriots will finish this season at worst 12-4 and make the super bowl.

The winningest coach in the NFL is really dragging him down. He better give Norv a try before its too late!

I think he should become a fan of the Raiders,their coach looks like he is 25 years old!

BTW

A congratulations out to the young coach Dennis Allen,beating the Steelers as a new coach and with raw talent on the roster made for quite a feat,I was happy for him,seems like a nice guy.

Last edited:
This thread is a phony "plant" designed to get reaction. It has to be.

For this of us under age 50, and who have been using the internet for more than a few years it's called trolling.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

Now I really have seen it all.

Please someone get this $h*t thread outta here.

It has no stars and it sucks so bad that it strips all other threads of any stars they have. A black hole of ignorance.

I know I can click ignore, but I'd prefer to know that the poop got scooped up.

Or maybe it isn't poop but just a Jets fan. Often mistaken for a pile of crap

You're so funny and mature. You should goto bed now - don't miss your school bus.

No harm in criticizing your own. I do think that BB's defensive schemes have been very predictable. The opposing teams can throw, throw and throw and burn the corners. That's the same story year after year after year.

Bill is very likely the greatest coach of this era of football and might be the greatest pro football coach of all time. While I do think he should make a slight adjustment to his philosophical approach to some aspects of the game, to suggest that he "inhibits" Brady's or the Pats in their quest for championships is simply wrong.

Other than maybe Bob Kraft for his commitment to the Pats as an owner, BB has been and is the single most important element to the Pats success as a pro football team. I don't even want to think about what happens post the BB era. Hopefully he has a kid that he is specifically grooming to be the next Pats football coach.

You're so funny and mature. You should goto bed now - don't miss your school bus.

No harm in criticizing your own. I do think that BB's defensive schemes have been very predictable. The opposing teams can throw, throw and throw and burn the corners. That's the same story year after year after year.

Yep,your right

I can't believe this piece of crap head coach has only been to 5 Super Bowls and 6 AFCCG in the past 11 years with such horrible team moves and decisions.

What is Kraft thinking by keeping this bum around?,let's get a guy right out of the NCAA,he can't do any worse......and with youth comes success,look at all the Super Bowls those young HCs won lately.....like that real young guy Tom Coughlin,another washed up old man.

Last edited:
You should goto (sic) bed now - don't miss your school bus.

Not exactly. My first NFL game I remember watching was in the Johnson administration.

I do think that BB's defensive schemes have been very predictable. The opposing teams can throw, throw and throw and burn the corners. That's the same story year after year after year.

Find for me any opinion piece or poll of players, fans, or sportwriters who pick the best coach in the NFL. If it's not Bill Belichick at #1, it must be poll from GangGreen or some other cesspool. Or from you.

Last edited:
Lloyd is sick! How can he not be a star WR? He is the best big play WR Brady has had since Moss. And don't forget the best slot receiver, best tight end and most versatile offensive player (Aaron Hernandez). The RBs might not be good but Ridley will find his way. The defense was pitiful, but Baltimore is a tough team to defend. You load up against the run and Flacco picks you apart. You set back in coverage, Rice runs over you. Brady should have 5 rings by now. But this team still has a shot, and for them to take the Ravens to the brink in their house, its amazing. This is a 12-13 win team still and there's no better team when they play full complimentary football (Texans are the exception).

Last edited:
Lloyd is sick! How can he not be a star WR? He is the best big play WR Brady has had since Moss. And don't forget the best slot receiver, best tight end and most versatile offensive player (Aaron Hernandez). The RBs might not be good but Ridley will find his way. The defense was pitiful, but Baltimore is a tough team to defend. You load up against the run and Flacco picks you apart. You set back in coverage, Rice runs over you. Brady should have 5 rings by now. But this team still has a shot, and for them to take the Ravens to the brink in their house, its amazing. This is a 12-13 win team still and there's no better team when they play full complimentary football (Texans are the exception).

That's the thing. He should have 5 rings by now. We have had success but at the same time we have had some excruciating losses.

This might be sacriledge but a this stage of their careers - is BB hurting Brady's chances of getting another ring? Would we be better off with a slightly younger head coach and a change of philosophy to some extent?

Brady's getting older but his talent is just amazing and needs to get some more rings before he retires and I just don't think BB has created the best team around him for support - defense and offense. Horrible corners and no major RBs and really no star WR.

Can we ever imagine a Pats team with Brady as QB but no BB?
The facts of the matter are this:

1) Characterizing Belichick as "defensive genius" no longer applies. His defenses have become considerably less reliable and prone to choking.

2) The eroding defense is largely attributable to Belichick's incompetent personnel decisions (particularly the many poor DB draft picks).

3) Belichick now seems largely incapable of coaching the team to victory in close games.

4) Belichick has not represented himself well in the last several postseasons (i.e. he has been outcoached).

5) Belichick has not provided Brady with a consistent receiving core throughout his career. Many good and bad receivers have come and gone (and come back again in some cases). At times (such as 2006) the WR core was a complete joke. The "phasing out" of Wes Welker (the team's best WR) that was apparent at least in weeks 1 & 2 (until the Hernandez injury) was one of the most arrogant and stupid coaching decisions of all-time.

6) Belichick has not complemented Brady (and the passing game) with a stud running back other than Corey Dillon (and he more or less started to mail it in after the '04 season).

7) Belichick has not been as valuable as Brady to the franchise (i.e. Belichick has needed Brady more than vice versa).

Yet Brady, I guess the so-called offended party here has consistently deferred payments, taken pay cuts, and made all sorts of concessions in order to allow Bill the freedom to bring in more players, players of his choosing in his efforts to improve the chances for the Pats. Apparently, just the guy we are discussing as being harmed believes in BB and puts his money where his mouth is.

I for one think there are things that BB has gotten somewhat stubborn about that should change. Positions he has that should be modified in consideration for the rules changes that have made the NFL a league that is so biased toward offense. However, I think they are changes he will make.

Before we throw BB under the bus, lets not forget that the Pats went to the SB last year. Lets also not forget that they lost it. I have to concede that as does BB.

The Pats for all their failings went into Baltimore, playing one of the top three teams in the AFC and lost by one point in one of the toughest places anywhere to play. Have to concede that we lost and again BB has to concede that as well.

But this appears criticism far to harsh when you consider the relative success of the Pats when compared to most if not all NFL franchises.

I feel sorry for Ian!

He runs a brilliant forum and whenever there is a loss, there must be a drop in traffic because people are fed up of posts like this!

PUT DOWN THE CRACK!

This guy should be forever banned to the practice forum, where is a mod???

Why is there no thread approval process? Forget about the ignore option. Ian should have an approval process.

Oh, and 'crawhammer', Why are you pretending to be a fan? You should really think twice before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes