PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Asante okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Just curious. Did he ever come back in? Any word re: the severity of his injury? Also - any other injuries of note tonight?

I think he was sort of squinching his eyes when he walked off. When he got to the side lines he was twisting his neck around slowly looking like it was painfull. But it shouldbt be too serious I hope because this guy is our #1 CB, no doubt about it. Mr. Ballhawker.

It looked like some kind of arm or shoulder injury. I'm surprised there wasn't any mention in the press or the blogs. I'm also curious. Biggest negative of the game.

PatsFan37 said:
It looked like some kind of arm or shoulder injury. I'm surprised there wasn't any mention in the press or the blogs. I'm also curious. Biggest negative of the game.

Huh? No it didn't. It looked like he landed awkwardly and maybe strained his neck. He walked off under his own power and was stretching/rolling his neck around on the sidelines.

By the expression on his face and the trainer's reaction(s), it didn't look at all serious, thankfully. They didn't even take his pads off. He'll probably have a sore neck today, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Maybe he takes the next two preseason games off.

In my mind he has had a god preseason so far.

I know he got beat by a bigger eceiver in Atlanta, but Samual had good position. It was just one of those things.

I think he is a real good corner. Not great, but much better then people give him credit for.

sarge said:
I think he is a real good corner. Not great, but much better then people give him credit for.
I agree. He doesn't seem to get much credit around here. I might be wrong, but that is just the impression i have always gotten from these boards.

I'm no doctor and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But, it looked like he may have had a "burner". When he came off he as tapping the top of his head. Burners can last about a 1/2 hour and be painful but no lingering injury.

I hope that's what he had.

Last edited by a moderator:
The grass in the top center of his grill when he got up plus the receiver's efforts to put him down face first and fall on him made it look like a neck strain to me. Painful, but hopefully not too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
initial reaction was "here we go again."

I slo-mo'd the thing to make sure it wasn't a lower body injury...probably a strained neck.

took Larry Fitzgerald to school...maybe he'll finally get some respect this year from the media...NOT.

the taildragger said:
took Larry Fitzgerald to school...maybe he'll finally get some respect this year from the media...NOT.

He needs to get some respect here first, alot of people think he is no better than our nickelback. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back