PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Arrington still JUST a SLOT-CB??

Re: Arrington Love

Agreed. I won't even blame him on the TD which was just a perfectly thrown pass.

Agreed. I won't even blame him on the TD which was just a perfectly thrown pass.

I had that TD on DMc I thought he should have been over the top and just came up and EJ manuel threw a great pass.

Arrington played great with 2 FF's and a few solid tackles.

Arrington had a good game. Keep it up Kyle!

ball hawk!

Dude is a beast in the slot. On the sidelines, umm, not so much.

Arrington is a cold-blooded baller.

He might break your heart every now and then on the perimeter in coverage, but the guy just makes plays after plays. If you noticed today, you barely saw any of the starting trio of corners making huge mistakes, other than Woods' TD. I love when I barely hear the CBs names unless when they're making a play/forcing a turnover. Great overall game by the secondary.

I'll sign the petition.

If you noticed today, you barely saw any of the starting trio of corners making huge mistakes

Yes! I feel very good about the trio of Talib/Dennard/Arrington. It's the safeties who continue to make me nervous.

So who is this "Arrington" guy we saw today

And what has he done with the Kyle Arrington we were cursing at last year?

Not that I'm complaining. :D

Re: So who is this "Arrington" guy we saw today

There was far too much hate on Arrington last season. Starting somewhere around the middle of the season, he suddenly started playing really well. Yes, it helps when he's in the slot with McCourty at safety, but he was also just fine when he was the #2 CB opposite McCourty.

Sign this beast!

Eh he's had A LOT of rough games in the past (sometimes brutal). When he was in the slot he was solid. Today he looked really good, but I'll need to see more. Clearly Belicheck likes him, the guy we've cursed many a times.

Let's see. Based on last year's play and a projection fo future play, some posters cursed Arrington and Belichick signed him to a long-term contract of $4M a year.

And what conclusion might you draw? Perhaps, just perhaps, Belichick analyzes performance a bit different than those posters.

read this in one of the post-game Herald stories:

Since the Pats played nearly the entire game in sub packages, Dennard rarely came off the field. However, in one second-quarter stretch in the base defense, Kyle Arrington was the starter at right cornerback. It will likely stay that way unless Dennard wrangles away his role. - See more at: Julian Edelman?s outside chance | Boston Herald

Truthfully, I did not notice that Arrington was on the outside corner and not on slot wr. Or was it just that he was matched up w/ Johnson?
Appreciate anyone insight who wants to watch play/play as to what positions he played.

but either way; the unanimous consensus last year was that Arrignton was useless on the outside. Did his outrageously sick performance yesterday change anyone's mind?

He certainly seemed WELL WORTH the $4M BB laid out for him after that performance. So having him on the field seems a no-brainer; just WHERE? is the question (corner, slot-nickel, dime etc).

He was all over the field yesterday making huge plays when the team needed them most. Kyle really showed his versatile skill-set in doing whatever the coaching staff asked of him. No tasked seemed too big for him unlike last season.

In short, he looks 10 times better now than he did at the start of last season. Perhaps, that has something to do with the stability in his personal life.

$4 million for that type of play seems like larceny in comparison to guys like Cortland Finnegan.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back