PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Anyone Interested In A GM Mock Draft?

Love CJ Mosley to the Giants at 10. Great pick.

I went with Nix for the Dolphins because both Starks and Soliai are FAs in 2014 and they need to get younger on the DL. Dion Jordan paired with Nix would be a good combo for the future.

McKinnie is signed through 2014 for LT and I should be able to snag some OL help later.

So, interested to know what people thought of my RGIII trade.

My thinking:

I see the Titans as being an elite QB away from being in a strong position to win that division on a regular basis. The Colts have a great QB but aren't consistently great yet as a team. The Jaguars are the Jaguars, albeit better with Bridgewater and the Texans could be fading.

So my #1 priority for the titans was to try and get an elite QB, something I don't think Jake Locker is. I tried early on to get Ben Roethlisberger but Fester and I couldn't agree on value and I gave up on the idea.

I then decided my next best strategy was to significantly improve an already good defence and I started negotiating a trade with Raiders so that I could move up ahead of the Giants and draft Ra'shede Hageman who's athleticism puts him in the potentially elite category as far as I'm concerned.

But just as Stelfans and I were agreeing to the trade, the opportunity to trade for RGIII came about and I didn't want to miss out.

So thoughts?

RG3 with CJ1K is >.< Locker with CJ - Both are scramble QBs and by that you not only remove CJ.5K but also the scrambling IF you stack the box. Really abit of the same in Vikings. Had AD and/or CJ been with a pocket passer, then both would be 10 times more dangerous ( even too it sounds wild after ADs last season ). But i general agree on Titans have major problem regards qb and future.... Wonder why you didn't thought on Sanchez, Jets would shop him cheap :eek:

Btw Manx do you mind updateing the GM list after the swapping ? Doubt you are gm for skins and trade with titans etc ;)

I went with Nix for the Dolphins because both Starks and Soliai are FAs in 2014 and they need to get younger on the DL. Dion Jordan paired with Nix would be a good combo for the future.

McKinnie is signed through 2014 for LT and I should be able to snag some OL help later.

I like the pick a lot but the Dolphins need an almost complete re-boot on that OL.

I like the pick a lot but the Dolphins need an almost complete re-boot on that OL.

Despite the spending spree this past offseason the Dolphins are actually about $20M under the Cap for 2014 so they can afford to go out and sign some veteran OL help. Much easier to do than DL imo.

RG3 with CJ1K is >.< Locker with CJ - Both are scramble QBs and by that you not only remove CJ.5K but also the scrambling IF you stack the box. Really abit of the same in Vikings. Had AD and/or CJ been with a pocket passer, then both would be 10 times more dangerous ( even too it sounds wild after ADs last season ). But i general agree on Titans have major problem regards qb and future.... Wonder why you didn't thought on Sanchez, Jets would shop him cheap :eek:

RGIII is much more than a scramble QB. He's an excellent pocket passer who shows the ability to run when needed. I've rated him highly since the draft and would certainly rank him over Mark Sanchez.

Despite the spending spree this past offseason the Dolphins are actually about $20M under the Cap for 2014 so they can afford to go out and sign some veteran OL help. Much easier to do than DL imo.

Plus with the way the mock has played out so far there could be some decent O-lineman available in the 2nd round, either at OG or OT. I think the drop off at DT is greater than that at OL so I like the pick (although its no secret I love Nix).

Arizona is looking to move from #20 to late 1st or early 2nd. All reasonable offers considered.

Felt like I somewhat reached on Ebron. However, Finley's career may be over, and the Packers offense would be just silly in 2014:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Lacy
TE: Ebron
WR1: Nelson
WR2: Jones
Slot WR: Cobb
WR4: Boykin

Fun stuff so far. But why Khalil Mack to the Browns? They already have Kruger under contract for a while, Mingo, and Jabaal Sheard. Seems like a strange choice.

Felt like I somewhat reached on Ebron. However, Finley's career may be over, and the Packers offense would be just silly in 2014:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Lacy
TE: Ebron
WR1: Nelson
WR2: Jones
Slot WR: Cobb
WR4: Boykin

Think you got very good value on Ebron. When he catches the ball, he's sick.

Any of the offensive players available would have been a reach, you can never have enough good pass rushers.

Any of the offensive players available would have been a reach, you can never have enough good pass rushers.

I can see this and really liked the pick - because I really like Mack (and that defense is made even better).

The Cleveland Browns are going to evaluate all QB options, if there is a good value in the draft at the QB position we may draft a QB to add to the Campbell/Hoyer QB competition. We may or may not be drafting a QB in the first or at all.

Really like Carr to Bengals, Dalton is not the answer....

Really like Carr to Bengals, Dalton is not the answer....

And it possibly stymies the Browns for whom Carr is perfect.

Also like your Jets pick. Excellent value on what could potentially be an elite RT. With that value, one of the picks of the draft for me.

Wow, that's certainly a ballsy pick, but I like it too. It pretty much puts a limit on Dalton to either improve or walk after 2014. Also, Carr gets a whole season on the bench in 2014, which will be good for his development.

I'm a fan of Carr. Saw one pass that went 65 yards in the air. helluva pass. I don't think he'll ever be a great but he could be Matthew Stafford good which makes the pick excellent value.

AJ Green will love this pick too.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back