PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Anyone Interested In A GM Mock Draft?

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Would you be interested in being the GM for a team in a mock draft? I have some ideas on how it would work (below) but there's nothing set in stone right now.

1. I suggest going 3-4 rounds to keep long-term interest going.

2. Trades will be allowed.

3. The Patriots GM will be chosen by lot to keep things interesting.

4. PM me if you are interested. Can you provide five teams you'd like to GM in order of preference (and excluding Patriots) and I'll use this list to determine which team you GM.

5. I'll need at least 10 people taking part - it won't really be worth running with any lower. Obviously if there isn't 32 volunteers, then people will be running multiple teams.

6. You need to be prepared to be committed.

7. It could be interesting to run multiple mocks this way between now and next May (every two months perhaps) with GMs keeping the same teams.

Those are some thoughts but if you have any suggestions, feel free to suggest away. If there's sufficient interest I'll come up with the formal rules over the coming week and would be looking to start next Monday.

So PM me with your list of teams if interested.

I've decided that I'll just take offers on a first come first served basis so here is what we have already:

Jacksonville Jaguars - Get It Shawtaay
St. Louis Rams - Patsfaninpa
Houston Texans - patsinthesnow

I also think what will be fair is if I do a draw from the Pats pick and then I'll take over the team of the new Pats GM.

Edit: Continue to give me a list of teams though just in case more than one person requests the same team whilst I'm away from the computer.

Count me in. I'd be interested in the Pats, Bears, KC.

Thanks.

My email is miller73 gmail

Owners List updated

Jacksonville Jaguars - Get It Shawtaay
St. Louis Rams - Patsfaninpa
Houston Texans - patsinthesnow
Cleveland Browns - Avenger
San Francisco 49ers - Wilfork #75
Carolina Panthers - Stelfans
Detroit Lions - Sir Apropros
Chicago Bears - LloydBraun
New York Jets - Luxusdk
Tampa Bay Bucs - Leemo
Pittsburgh Steelers - Fester

I'll be using the draft order from great Blue North Report which you can see at the below. I'll put up a full four round order, including trades, just prior to starting:

Great Blue North Draft Report

Guys, I haven't forgotten this. Unfortunately there aren't many of us but I will be looking at this again today but you're going to all have to double or triple up on teams. Expect a PM in the next day or two.

Guys, I haven't forgotten this. Unfortunately there aren't many of us but I will be looking at this again today but you're going to all have to double or triple up on teams. Expect a PM in the next day or two.

What is the status on this? I'm more than willing to double dip

I'm off next week for the whole week so I'll be able to run it then.

OK Guys. Getting ready to kick this off if you are. Firstly, I've allocated the teams to each of you.

First off, the Patriots have been awarded to Wilfork #75. Congratulations. However, because of this, and because he had already chosen the 49ers and their excess picks he will only get two teams. Everyone else gets three. Here's the allocation:

Wilfork #75 - SF, NE = 8 picks in first 3 rounds
PatsfaninPA - STL, ATL, PHI = 10 picks in first 3 rounds
Patsinthesnow - HOU, NYG, GB = 9 picks
Avenger - CLE, BAL, KC = 10 picks
Stelfans - CAR, OAK, DAL = 9 picks
SirApropos - DET, MIA, CIN = 9 picks
LloydBraun - Chicago, BUF, NO = 9 picks
Luxusdk - NYJ, JAX, SEA = 9 picks
Leemo - TB, DEN, MIN = 9 picks
Fester - PITT, SD, ARI = 8 picks
Manxman2601 - TEN, IND, WAS - 6 picks.

I tried to be as fair as possible in allocating the extra teams.

Rules

1. I will start the mock when I've had PM confirmation from every member participating.

2. When you make your pick, please do so in the following format:

With the ?? pick of the ? round, the <team> select <player>. The <next team> are on the clock.

3. You are OK to trade with other GMs (but not with yourself). Once you have agreed a trade, please PM me immediately with the details so that I can change the order.

4. We want to keep this moving along as much as possible so please check back regularly and pay attention to where your next picks are. Bear in mind that we have GMs all over the world so time zones will play a part.

5. If you haven't picked within 24 hours then a pick will be made for you. To prevent this, if you think you will be away from your computer for some time, you can pm me a list of players you want picked for you.

6. Because I'm organising this mock and might have access to your preferred players, I won't initiate any trades.

7. I will post an updated mock and order on a regular basis.

8. Only prospects on the CBS prospect list can be drafted.

9. Feel free to fire any questions my way. I'm off all week so should be able to keep on top of this process.

10. Have fun!

Draft Order

Round One

1 Jacksonville Jaguars
2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3 Atlanta Falcons
4 Minnesota Vikings
5 Houston Texans
6 Buffalo Bills
7 Pittsburgh Steelers
8 St Louis Rams From (WAS)
9 Oakland Raiders
10 New York Giants
11 St. Louis Rams
12 Cleveland Browns
13 Miami Dolphins
14 Baltimore Ravens
15 Tennessee Titans
16 San Diego Chargers
17 Philadelphia Eagles
18 Green Bay Packers
19 Chicago Bears
20 Arizona Cardinals
21 Dallas Cowboys
22 New York Jets
23 Carolina Panthers
24 Cincinnati Bengals
25 San Francisco 49'ers
26 Cleveland Browns (From IND)
27 Detroit Lions
28 New England Patriots
29 New Orleans Saints
30 Denver Broncos
31 Seattle Seahawks
32 Kansas City Chiefs

Round Two
1 Jacksonville Jaguars
2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3 Atlanta Falcons
4 Minnesota Vikings
5 Houston Texans
6 Buffalo Bills
7 Pittsburgh Steelers
8 Washington Redskins
9 Oakland Raiders
10 New York Giants
11 St. Louis Rams
12 Cleveland Browns
13 Miami Dolphins
14 Baltimore Ravens
15 Tennessee Titans
16 San Diego Chargers
17 Philadelphia Eagles
18 Green Bay Packers
19 Chicago Bears
20 Arizona Cardinals
21 Dallas Cowboys
22 New York Jets
23 Carolina Panthers
24 Cincinnati Bengals
25 San Francisco 49'ers
26 Indianapolis Colts
27 Detroit Lions
28 New England Patriots
29 New Orleans Saints
30 Denver Broncos
31 Seattle Seahawks
32 San Francisco 49'ers (From KC)

Round Three)

1 Jacksonville Jaguars
2 New York Jets (From TB)
3 Atlanta Falcons
4 Minnesota Vikings
5 Houston Texans
6 Buffalo Bills
7 Cleveland Browns (From PIT)
8 Washington Redskins
9 Oakland Raiders
10 New York Giants
11 St. Louis Rams
12 Cleveland Browns
13 Miami Dolphins
14 Baltimore Ravens
15 San Francisco 49'ers (From TEN)
16 San Diego Chargers
17 Philadelphia Eagles
18 Green Bay Packers
19 Chicago Bears
20 Arizona Cardinals
21 Dallas Cowboys
22 New York Jets
23 Carolina Panthers
24 Cincinnati Bengals
25 San Francisco 49'ers
26 Indianapolis Colts
27 Detroit Lions
28 New England Patriots
29 New Orleans Saints
30 Denver Broncos
31 Minnesota Vikings (From SEA)
32 Kansas City Chiefs

We'll aim for three rounds and then take it from there).

3. You are OK to trade with other GMs (but not with yourself). Once you have agreed a trade, please PM me immediately with the details so that I can change the order.

So I can't trade Ryan Mallett to SF for all 8 of their picks? Damn! :D

8. Only prospects on the CBS prospect list can be drafted.

If there is someone that isn't on that list that we think should be can we all agree before we start to include them or would that make things too confusing? The only guy I think is missing is David Yankey from Stanford.

This looks like a lot of fun though, great job manx!

So I can't trade Ryan Mallett to SF for all 8 of their picks? Damn! :D

If there is someone that isn't on that list that we think should be can we all agree before we start to include them or would that make things too confusing? The only guy I think is missing is David Yankey from Stanford.

This looks like a lot of fun though, great job manx!

Personally I think it's less confusing to stick to the list but I'm fine if everyone agrees on a prospect.

Since i was so Lucky to get Jax, i would love to know if any wanna trade, not only for pick 1 - But in general, ppl WHO might wanna trade plz make a list...

And if Blockbuster trades can be made, then 1 pick might be up for take ;)

Personally I think it's less confusing to stick to the list but I'm fine if everyone agrees on a prospect.

No problem, I think that's a pretty comprehensive list to work off.

Since i was so Lucky to get Jax, i would love to know if any wanna trade, not only for pick 1 - But in general, ppl WHO might wanna trade plz make a list...

And if Blockbuster trades can be made, then 1 pick might be up for take ;)

This is a good idea, we should all make a list of who we have on the trading block and probably who are our untouchables then we can pm each other if we are interested.

SF Trading Block
CB- Carlos Rogers
OLB- Ahmad Brooks
RB- Frank Gore

Untouchables
S- Eric Reid*

I'm willing to listen on everyone on the 49ers if the price is right.

Patriots Trading Block
QB- Ryan Mallett
OL- Dan Connolly
DE- Jake Bequette
S- Tavon Wilson

Untouchables
QB- Tom Brady
TE- Rob Gronkowski
LB- Jerod Mayo
S- Devin McCourty
DE- Chandler Jones
LB- Rob Ninkovich*

*Just to keep some realism these guys are untouchables because of contracts and the cap hit involved in any trade.

Edit: I'm willing to listen to any offers on players and picks, whether moving up or down.

As the Steeler's GM, I'm not interested in players who are not on rookie contracts as I think I need a serious rebuild and cap-purge.

However I'm interested in seeing what you want for either the SF or NE 1st rounders as well as what interest there is for the Steelers 1st rounder as well as their second rounder if the Steelers trade down.

No problem, I think that's a pretty comprehensive list to work off.

This is a good idea, we should all make a list of who we have on the trading block and probably who are our untouchables then we can pm each other if we are interested.

SF Trading Block
CB- Carlos Rogers
OLB- Ahmad Brooks
RB- Frank Gore

Untouchables
S- Eric Reid*

I'm willing to listen on everyone on the 49ers if the price is right.

Patriots Trading Block
QB- Ryan Mallett
OL- Dan Connolly
DE- Jake Bequette
S- Tavon Wilson

Untouchables
QB- Tom Brady
TE- Rob Gronkowski
LB- Jerod Mayo
S- Devin McCourty
DE- Chandler Jones
LB- Rob Ninkovich*

*Just to keep some realism these guys are untouchables because of contracts and the cap hit involved in any trade.

Edit: I'm willing to listen to any offers on players and picks, whether moving up or down.

Rules

6. Because I'm organising this mock and might have access to your preferred players, I won't initiate any trades.

BTW, on this rule, screw that. I'd miss out on too much :)

I'm waiting on one more confirmation. Unfortunately that person picks fairly early in the first round so I want to give him a chance to confirm. However, we SHALL start the mock at some time today.

@Luxusdk

That wasn't a bad offer but you were right to turn it down. If Jacksonville didn't come out without a franchise guy (and Alex Smith isn't that), then this would be a disastrous draft regardless of who else you draft.

Looking at the value of the offer (and I don't mean any disrespect to Avenger the GM) that values Alex Smith as a top 10 overall QB and that he isn't. I could see why Avenger tried it though.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back