PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else waiting for the other shoe to drop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I mean we sign Thomas, Welker, Stallworth, Washington, Tory James, Trade for Moss, looking to sign Ian Scott.. Im mean it really is going too good..

I know the Assante situation bears watching, and the LB core cant afford any inj right now. Im also worried we could become the 99 Jets, gear up for a super bowl run, then a major injury kills any chance..

Dont get me wrong I want to the season to start now, because beside's football being america;s game, and this offseason has been nothing short of spectacular, but we dont win championships in May. I pray and hope that this season of 07 is nothing short of magical..

I mean we sign Thomas, Welker, Stallworth, Washington, Tory James, Trade for Moss, looking to sign Ian Scott.. Im mean it really is going too good..

I know the Assante situation bears watching, and the LB core cant afford any inj right now. Im also worried we could become the 99 Jets, gear up for a super bowl run, then a major injury kills any chance..

Dont get me wrong I want to the season to start now, because beside's football being america;s game, and this offseason has been nothing short of spectacular, but we dont win championships in May. I pray and hope that this season of 07 is nothing short of magical..
I think all should beb optimistic but understand that a LOT has to happen from now till December to make it happen..on paper things look good, GREAT..but many other smaller things must fall into place..and I have a HUNCH they will...

panicbutton.gif

:scared:

I know what you mean, the last time I felt that a great team I was following got impossibly greater and lucky was just after the Celtics drafted Len Bias. Lets just hope its not that kind of shoe drop.

Hey, does anyone remember back in the late 80's when we lost Lippett, Veris and another starter for the year all in the same pre-season game against the Packers I believe?

I do.

Oh well.

Have a great day!:D

IMO, now it's a matter of resolving the Asante situation and responding accordingly, of adding some depth at LB, and of four months of tedious, dogged practice and execution before the Jets game.

Once the season starts, beyond conditioning and coaching, we can't control injuries or bad calls or plain bad luck. That's why they play the game before crowning the SB champ (ask the Rams) and that's why my nerves are shot by January.

I know the Assante situation bears watching, and the LB core cant afford any inj right now. Im also worried we could become the 99 Jets, gear up for a super bowl run, then a major injury kills any chance....
Don't panic. All is good. We played San Diego tough and came close to winning the AFCCG.

We have improved ourselves more than either of those teams, especially the Colts, who stayed even on offense (Gonzales for Stokely), and lost on defense. We are worried about losing Samuel? The Colts lost BOTH starting CBs and one starting S they aren't too worried. We get back a couple guys (Harrison, Gay) who were hurt last year. They get a couple rookies. Good choices, but still rookies. On balance, we have gained a lot.

Before someone flames me, I am not saying that Harrison is in 2003 form, or that Gay is a pro bowler. I am saying we are gaining their services this year, and that is better than losing your starters.

San Diego could be tough this year. McNeil will be better. He was a rookie last year, no?

Does anyone think Seau may be back in the middle next year? He's old, but like O.T.I.S., he makes up for it with smart play. I'd welcome him as a running down ILB.

Bottom line: injuries can derail any team. It could happen to us, the Colts or the Chargers. It would depend on the injury. Obviously, losing Addai or Maroney would be a bigger blow than the Bolts losing Tomlinson. They have Turner. The Colts and Pats could lose a couple WRs and still be a force. San Diego couldn't. But if the Pats lose their starting QBs, they are in trouble. Rivers isn't in the same class and his loss wouldn't hurt nearly as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes