PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else starting to get "Opening Day Jitters"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt agree more. I am nervous but certain that we will be victorious. :D:D

I'm anxious - just hoping tomorrow night goes off without a hitch.

Ian

I wasn't until I saw what a luck ball win the Jets had. Not that they were going to lose against that Titan team anyway. The Jets made plenty of mistakes and the Titans only capitalized on 1. Only to turn it over again immediately. Followed by a luck ball win by Denver on a freak play. I started thinking I can see it now:

Week 1: Jets win, Belichick protege wins and the Master losses. :mad:

But, I'm still believing the Pats will i fact win.

I have to work!! Then i coach till 5:30!! I am anxious for this game to start!! My boss is a Jets fan so i know he will be talking about how great the Jets are!! But looking forward to tomorrow night!! I hope the Patriots will shut TO up about that spygate BS!!

My boss is a Jets fan so i know he will be talking about how great the Jets are!!

Oh, good god I don't think I could live with that at work every day. Especially from my boss.

Oh, good god I don't think I could live with that at work every day. Especially from my boss.

Well its fun actually!! Especially when they play next week!! I love talking smack to Jet fans and they like to talk smack back!! I love the Rivalry!!:D

Excited more than anything, then again I may not get chance to see it as MNF has no home in the UK this season and streams annoy the sh!t out of me.

Why the heck didnt we draft Laurinaitis, James? Already 11 tackles and the game still hasnt even finished. STOOPID! STOPPID! STOOPID!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why the heck didnt we draft Laurinaitis, James? Already 11 tackles and the game still hasnt even finished. STOOPID! STOPPID! STOOPID!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for giving me the chance to use the new thread hijacking thingy. It seem to work just fine.:cool:

No.... because Brady and Bellichick are going to run a ******* TRAIN on Buffalo Bill this Monday night. :)

Anxious....nervous?? More excited..and maybe a BIT...but jitters...and waiting all weekend for it..makes it worse....but yes..

Got this thread on a Buffalo Website by BuffaloBillfoot in Boston

Good luck with your 5th preseason game NEW ENGLAND!!!

"Guess what Bills fans,the Patriots are scared"

Truth is - the Patriots don't know WHAT they have. We're SUPPOSED to lose this game. They're supposed to win. But the truth is, no one knows whats going to happen - they have depleted their defense!

Green replaces Seymour -- downgrade
Woods replaces Vrabel -- dowgrade
Guyton replaces Bruschi -- downgrade
Meriweather replaces Harrison -- downgrade
xxxxx replaces Samuel -- downgrade

Tonight, on the news, local Boston media exposed the fact that these guys are scared. They THINK they know what they have based on their REPUTATION but they are not confident in the least. Nor is the local media.

Buffalo Defense - go out and BLITZ the !@#$ out of the PATS.

Buffalo Offense - go out and THROW the ball. They are preparing for the RUN.

This game could go any way... but in all the years I’ve lived in Boston - there has never been so much uncertainly amongst these girls called the PATS.

WE have nothing to lose - bottom line - the pressure is on THEM - not us.

Truth is the Patriots fans and media are concerned about the opening game because of what happened on opening day 2008, when the Dolphins embarrassed the Patriots. Some believe the same could happen this year, and that loss to the Dolphins cost them the playoffs!

The switch to a different Offensive coordinator by Buffalo is the biggest concern. Nothing offensively seen in 2008 or preseason means anything now!

New England fans saw Terrell Owens in the Hall of Fame game and he looked really great catching the football with separation, but have not seen him since, and you just know he will be a factor with the passing game. Somehow the media sees T.O. as stealing the game with a dance in the end zone to finish the game! Just the thought of Terrell stealing a win on national T.V. with all the cameras would just ruin the beginning of the season in New England!

The spread for this game is only 10.5 points ( you would expect 15 or more) and that is because no team can game plan for the unexpected!

Billechick is a master game planner after watching film during the regular season, yet he failed miserably against the Miami in 2008 when the Dolphins surprised them with a different running formation on opening day and the media, fans and players in New England remember that game well.....

The biggest fear in New England is keeping Tom Brady healthy with almost every team sending an all out blitz in every game they play, eventually he will be injured, he is now hit once in every 8.5 attempts, not good, and most come after the throw.

Enjoy the game.....I know I will!

Go Bills.

Last edited:
I wasn't until I saw what a luck ball win the Jets had. Not that they were going to lose against that Titan team anyway. The Jets made plenty of mistakes and the Titans only capitalized on 1. Only to turn it over again immediately. Followed by a luck ball win by Denver on a freak play. I started thinking I can see it now:

Week 1: Jets win, Belichick protege wins and the Master losses. :mad:

But, I'm still believing the Pats will i fact win.

Michael, I think you're getting your Titans and your Texans mixed up:D

I would respectfully disagree (to some extent) on whether or not it was a luck win. As much as I hate the NYJ, they were 5 point underdogs, with a new coach, lots of changes on D, and a brand new rookie QB.

Not only did Sanchez look pretty damn good, he did it against a somewhat decent defense, and on the road to boot. Houston has played competitive, especially at home, and the Jets will surely be pumped up next week for their home opener, etc.

I think this only adds to their 'swagger' etc on defense, and to be honest, I am expecting a pretty tough divisional game next week. I know this will surely go against most of the opinions here, specifically the 'homers,' and for that I apologize. I think I'll feel a little more optimistic if our defense plays to expectations tomorrow, specifically the secondary.

Here's hoping we blow both teams out;)

Got this thread on a Buffalo Website by BuffaloBillfoot in Boston

Good luck with your 5th preseason game NEW ENGLAND

"Guess what Bills fans,the Patriots are scared"

Truth is - the Patriots don't know WHAT they have. We're SUPPOSED to lose this game. They're supposed to win. But the truth is, no one knows whats going to happen - they have depleted their defense!

Green replaces Seymour -- downgrade
Woods replaces Vrabel -- dowgrade
Guyton replaces Bruschi -- downgrade
Meriweather replaces Harrison -- downgrade
xxxxx replaces Samuel -- downgrade
http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...s_defense.html

Tonight, on the news, local Boston media exposed the fact that these guys are scared. They THINK they know what they have based on their REPUTATION but they are not confident in the least. Nor is the local media.

Buffalo Defense - go out and BLITZ the !@#$ out of the PATS.

Buffalo Offense - go out and THROW the ball. They are preparing for the RUN.

This game could go any way... but in all the years I’ve lived in Boston - there has never been so much uncertainly amongst these girls called the PATS.

WE have nothing to lose - bottom line - the pressure is on THEM - not us.

Truth is the Patriots fans and media are concerned about the opening game because of what happened on opening day 2008, when the Dolphins embarrassed the Patriots. Some believe the same could happen this year, and that loss to the Dolphins cost them the playoffs!

The switch to a different Offensive coordinator by Buffalo is the biggest concern. Nothing offensively seen in 2008 or preseason means anything now!

New England fans saw Terrell Owens in the Hall of Fame game and he looked really great catching the football with separation, but have not seen him since, and you just know he will be a factor with the passing game. Somehow the media sees T.O. as stealing the game with a dance in the end zone to finish the game! Just the thought of Terrell stealing a win on national T.V. with all the cameras would just ruin the beginning of the season in New England!

The spread for this game is only 10.5 points ( you would expect 15 or more) and that is because no team can game plan for the unexpected!

Billechick is a master game planner after watching film during the regular season, yet he failed miserably against the Miami in 2008 when the Dolphins surprised them with a different running formation on opening day and the media, fans and players in New England remember that game well.....

The biggest fear in New England is keeping Tom Brady healthy with almost every team sending an all out blitz in every game they play, eventually he will be injured, he is now hit once in every 8.5 attempts, not good, and most come after the throw.

Enjoy the game.....I know I will!

Go Bills.

Umm, the Dolphins didn't beat us on 'opening day 08' but whatever.

It was game 3:rolleyes:

im excited....as long as brady and moss stay healthy the pats have a chance in every game. and if the team stays relativly healthy they will be the team to beat come jan

I want blood in this game. Bill needs to go for the throat and show why we are still the best team in football. Don't call off the dogs until we are up by 35+ sending the Bills back to lick their wounds. Total domination to send a message to the league.

I want blood in this game. Bill needs to go for the throat and show why we are still the best team in football. Don't call off the dogs until we are up by 35+ sending the Bills back to lick their wounds. Total domination to send a message to the league.
I just hope we win

"The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we're going to give you everything we've got, and that's going to be, I think, more than you can handle,":D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back