PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else starting to get "Opening Day Jitters"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After waiting 8.5 months for the regular season to start for the Patriots, it will finally be here tomorrow night. I am very excited about the game.

However, I am starting to get nervous about the game too. Opening day is the one time that all 32 teams think that they are good enough to have a great season.

I remember the opening game in Buffalo, after Milloy got cut, and an inferior Bills team whacked us 31-0. I remember a couple of years ago years ago when the Bills got a strip sack on the first Patriots series and we had to pull the game out late, after the bills could have won it. They went for a 4-1 instead of kicking a FG.

Then there was last year which I will not mention what happened.

So are many of you are starting to get nervous? Or am I just being a paranoid homer?

Im nervous too.

So are many of you are starting to get nervous?

I've never gotten nervous about something I am not directly participating in. Excited, of course. But nervous? I just don't get that.

SSDD

Semi-nervous about the season...

Not at all about game #1.

Not so much nervous, as excited!

heck, I've been that way since the draft.. :)

I'm wicked excited, it's nice to be wearing my Pats jersey and there's actually NFL action on! :D:D:D

Last edited:
I'm anxious, but not nervous. I just want a real game to start already.

........ against Buffalo?

Not really, it like having a 5th preseason game to work the kinks out.

Yeah, yeah, I know any given Sunday. Just keeping it real.

After waiting 8.5 months for the regular season to start for the Patriots, it will finally be here tomorrow night. I am very excited about the game.

However, I am starting to get nervous about the game too. Opening day is the one time that all 32 teams think that they are good enough to have a great season.

I remember the opening game in Buffalo, after Milloy got cut, and an inferior Bills team whacked us 31-0. I remember a couple of years ago years ago when the Bills got a strip sack on the first Patriots series and we had to pull the game out late, after the bills could have won it. They went for a 4-1 instead of kicking a FG.

Then there was last year which I will not mention what happened.

So are many of you are starting to get nervous? Or am I just being a paranoid homer?

Good point, PatsNut.

IMO, it's not that out of the question to think this game could be a lot closer than people are giving it credit for. Like you said, opening day is a bit different, and I've been on this 'respect for your opponent' thing lately too;)

Buffalo's offense has improved, and there are still some variables to be figured out before I start predicting double-digit victories. Most of all, I need to witness in live game reps "the secondary of such great potential." Frankly that's what has me concerned. Everyone keeps stating how good these guys can, and most likely will, become--but right now I still feel a little iffy....

what bugs me is that I gotta work tomorrow .. work day prior to a pats game .. cmon .. tomorrow might be the least productive day ever ..lol

I'm starting to get excited. It's like Christmas Eve, just tomorrow I have to wait until 7pm to look at the gifts under the tree.

Anyways, enjoy all the other games today everyone. These are some of the best 17 weeks of the year; some of the few times we can sit in our favorite chairs, remote in one hand and beverage of your choosing in another, and enjoy the sport we love.

:woot: It's finally here! :woot:

Last edited:
I am not nervous yet because I sort of expect this team to have some struggles initially and I accept that. The whole defense is my binkie and I think they will have some good and some bad for a little while. We can make the playoffs without going undefeated...

I will get sickened by any key injuries so I hope the Bills are doing more than just playing spoiler.

Nah. My jitters will begin to happen tomorrow morning.

I'm starting to get excited. It's like Christmas Eve, just tomorrow I have to wait until 7pm to look at the gifts under the tree.

If you lucked out and had a German parent, or grew up in the right neighborhood, then today is St. Bilicic's Day, when all the good little football fans find Dolphin and Jet defeats in their shoes :p

Last edited:
i am getting impatient i need the escapism of football right now

hey this is post 1000 go me LOL

Last edited:
Im making my first trip up tomorrow night for the game and am absolutley estatic. I am not going to make it there until near gametime, so cant do much tailgating. Anyhow can someone give me some advice on parking and getting in and out of there. Wheres the best place to park to have easy access out of the game. Ill be coming in on 495. I have GPS, any help would be so much appreciated. Thanks

I'll be crawling up the walls by the time 6:45 comes around.

Here's something to get everyone pumped (even more) for the season. This is the single greatest pats video I've ever seen:
YouTube - Patriots Dynasty

PS. It's not my video. Hope I'm not breaking any rules here. Other than that, enjoy! :)

Jitters? No..... Can't wait for kickoff. What in Sam Hill is there to be jittery about? :cool:

Last edited:
I'm always nervous about things I care about that I have no control over.

Especially the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye