PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
... that the football season is coming to close?

Months and months of Brady and Moss-free weekends. Oh my!!! :eek:

Not really. After 3 more games I will need a break. Even the automatic wins, my hands are as cold as ice, yet sweating, before the games start. I look forward to the five or so months as defending champions before it all starts again.

Yeah, I am. It most likely will never be better than this season for Pats fans. Ohh well, at least we have a top pick in the draft. :eat3:

Last edited:
I'm sad because in all liklihood this is the highlight of my football viewing life. Probability is that we will all die having never seen a more dominating performance, so basically it is all downhill from here. We, as fans, will never get to witness something like this again and it is 3 games from being over.

That's why I'm sad, thanks for asking.

It mostly likely will never be better than this season for Pats fans.
It will never be this good again but this season will never leave us either - that's why I want it to be over, with us winning three more games.

I'm sad because in all liklihood this is the highlight of my football viewing life. Probability is that we will all die having never seen a more dominating performance, so basically it is all downhill from here. We, as fans, will never get to witness something like this again and it is 3 games from being over.

That's why I'm sad, thanks for asking.

It feels like a comedown. Gotta end sometime. But as BBfan says, we always have the memories. I'll be able to say that I saw this team in person on October 14, 2007. :D

Rumor has it the Celtics are doing almost as well as the Pats, could root for them until baseball season starts.

Always.

Looks like the Celts will keep me moderately entertained for the fist time in a decade. Then onto America's Past Time, that is it passes the time until America's favorite sport (the NFL) begins again.

me for sure

I'm starting to go through withdrawl already.

i'll be glad when pats wins this SB.

if celtic wins NBA championship trophy, Boston is the nation of chamption.

Not really. After 3 more games I will need a break. Even the automatic wins, my hands are as cold as ice, yet sweating, before the games start. I look forward to the five or so months as defending champions before it all starts again.

I agree. To some extent, I am anxious to get the season over - when everyone has already anointed you champion, your potential emotions are either being content or being dreadful.

I'm not sitting here complaining about being 16-0, this has been the most amazing season in any sport I've ever seen, it's been a lot of fun - but at this point, maybe I'm just not mentally tough enough to follow this "pursuit of perfection". I almost feel like, "let's just win the damn games and end this thing". It's certainly a different feeling than one normally has following a team in the playoffs.

gonna be a depressing off season, but WHAT A YEAR!!!!!!!:singing: :singing:

I agree. To some extent, I am anxious to get the season over - when everyone has already anointed you champion, your potential emotions are either being content or being dreadful.

I'm not sitting here complaining about being 16-0, this has been the most amazing season in any sport I've ever seen, it's been a lot of fun - but at this point, maybe I'm just not mentally tough enough to follow this "pursuit of perfection". I almost feel like, "let's just win the damn games and end this thing". It's certainly a different feeling than one normally has following a team in the playoffs.

I kind of agree here--it will be nice, if it happens, just to bask in it for awhile. And when your team wins the Super Bowl, it seems like the offseason is so short anyway--celebration, free agency, draft, mini-camp, training camp, away we go.

The only thing making me sad at this moment,is why is there stupid steroid talk on WEEI?
3 games to go!
Should be some good draft talk this year.

Once the Pats season ends, I jump hard into Sharks hockey, so the sadness is subdued a bit. I'll follow the Celts from afar (I'm an admitted bandwagon fan) and hope they can win their 17th banner; I'm not used to following them since I moved to CA so that will be new for me. The Sox don't capture my interest until around the All-Star break, save for a few Yankees series early on...baseball is one long season.

I'm hoping for a "3 Games to Glory IV - Perfection" edition due out in late April.

Regards,
Chris

It's kind of like how it was for me when the Red Sox won the 2004 World Series. It was the pinnacle as a Red Sox fan. Even with the 2007 WS title, which I also enjoyed immensely, it's impossible for it to have the same impact that 2004 did. That was a once-in-a-lifetime experience never to be duplicated (as a Red Sox fan).

As far as the Patriots go, I left the door open to one possibility. The only thing that can top a 19-0 season for me, is being the first team ever to win 3 consecutive Super Bowls. Think about it: the Patriots would not only be the first to do that, but would also be the all-time NFL leader in SB titles. More than the 49ers, more than the Cowboys, more than the Steelers, and it will have all been done in the same regime. That's the only thing that can top what is happening this season.

I'm looking forward to baseball season.

This season has obviously been one to remember, and it's been extremely fun to watch, but things like this can't go on forever. I'm interested to see who we keep, who we get rid of, and who we pick up in the offseason. Next season could be just as exciting.

Actually, we all need a break.

It will be a wonderful thing. Time to enjoy all the other things in life. I am sure our players feel the same way.

Enough, the Giant game just about buried me!!!

Now the playoffs, after that I need a break.

So much more to enjoy in life. Do it.

I'm looking forward to baseball season.

This season has obviously been one to remember, and it's been extremely fun to watch, but things like this can't go on forever. I'm interested to see who we keep, who we get rid of, and who we pick up in the offseason. Next season could be just as exciting.

Wow, big ups to you for the Ben Coates tribute in your sig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes