PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, I thought I was going to do what you've done and take a break from the NFL for a month or so. It was only two-three days I started following Patriot websites (like this) again, I don't know, I couldn't stay away I guess. Now I watch pretty much everything like usual, except when the Giants SB Champions commercials come on, I ALWAYS change the channel. I never want to see it as long as I live.

I couldn't stop dreaming of missed opportunities and winning scenario's for at least 6 nights. Looking forward to the FA and draft prospects completely took my mind off of it.

It's a blast watching these guys, can't wait for next season.:singing:

Well.. here I am back on PatsFans.

After that last hail mary fell to the turf, I promptly turned off the TV and blocked out anything sports-related, including websites, TV, radio... just couldn't handle it, especially hearing anything the Giants players had to say (so thankfully, I still have no idea haha)

Please tell me there's at least a few others who felt the same way...

I did a bit of that in 2007.

This year I watched a an odd and unlikely assembly of players achieve much more the the sum total of their parts. They won with hard work, and heart.

That's something to be proud of. I enjoyed the ride this season greatly and know they achieved much more than I truly thought possible.

The glass was much much more than half full even with the Super Bowl loss.

I did a bit of that in 2007.

This year I watched a an odd and unlikely assembly of players achieve much more the the sum total of their parts. They won with hard work, and heart.

That's something to be proud of. I enjoyed the ride this season greatly and know they achieved much more than I truly thought possible.

The glass was much much more than half full even with the Super Bowl loss.

Exactly.

The pressure wasn't there this year. Maybe the media wanted it to be, but it was a hard-fought Super Bowl and the Giants were better that day (or luckier). I didn't expect to see the team playing in the Super Bowl, and they were half an inch away from not even going in the first place.

Watching them lose the game was tough, but I was excited for this season the instant the hail mary hit the turf. I took a few days off from the media to avoid the Giants being vindicated for talking **** for 2 weeks. I mostly felt bad that Welker took so much heat over the dropped pass. The game didn't have to come down to that, and they wouldn't have been in the game at all if it weren't for him. Bring on 2012.

Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.

I turned the T.V. off the instant the ball hit the ground from the hail mary and I've been avoiding the NFL Network and ESPN like the plague since. I'll probably turn it on for the draft and then tune into the NFL Network here and there during training camp and then once the season starts I'll go back to my normal viewing routine.

SB 42 toughened me up for this loss but I was still enraged. I had to work the next day so the only thing that would calm me down to be able to sleep was to get plastered. It worked and I was sane enough to make it through the following Monday. Thank god nobody really busted my balls about it though because I might have up and left work on the spot.

I was hoping this past loss would get me jaded enough to give up on football so I can finally start living a normal functional life during the football season but no such luck. Here I am still obsessed starting in the doldrums of the offseason.

I am weak :D

In case any of you are interested, Brandon Jacobs says the Giants decapitated the Patriots dynasty.

Enjoy your week.

Brandon Jacobs is overpaid and he was garbage in that game. Probably said that to try and make himself feel like a champion.

but yes it was a tough loss. but hey we made it to the SB with a 31st ranked defense so that has to mean something. We haven't hit the bottom of the well or anything. Brady will only be 35 and we only need a couple pieces on offense and hopefully we can make adjustments to our D. Can't wait for free agency

Noticed a program on NFL network while channel flipping last night about the "snake-bit teams of the NFL" which included KC, Detroit, and the NY Jets. Provided the first NFL related smile I've had since then.

Not only am I in the boat, I am the captain!

It's exacerbated for me, living in Manhattan. So, as in 2008, the worst part was listening to the horns honking and drunks celebrating in the streets outside my apartment into the night.

I seldom watch HSPN anyway, so that's not a problem. I avoided the local newscasts until "The Parade" was over. I just ignored the Sports section of the local papers until the week of the 13th.

Still, as unpleasant as this was, my misery didn't compare to 2008 when a Pats team and its HC & QB lost a once in a generation shot at Sports Immortality because of a fluke catch.

This time, the Offense just didn't get the job done and no one could seem to "make a play" when it had to be made. I was miserable, but it was still easier to take.

If you'd told me on Sunday morning before the game that our D would only surrender 19 points and that the Giants would put the ball on the ground three effing times, I'd have lost a lot of money betting that the Pats would win that game.

Instead, Manningham made a play; Welker didn't. Thus endeth the lesson and on to next season.

Disappointed, but not nearly as I was in the 07 loss. We were fortunate to be in the SB this year.

During that final drive, I was convinced this would be one of the hardest losses to get over.

It isn't that bad. The Patriots played above themselves all season. The ball didn't break their way in the end, but is sure broke their way the week before, so you can't really curse your luck.

The '07 team choked. The '11 team just didn't win.

I'm excited about this team- I think this is the best young nucleus they've had in years with Gronknandez, Spikes, Mayo, and Chung. Brady and Wilfork will still be good for a few more years, barring injury. Hard to believe they won't continue to compete for the Lombardi.

Guilty! I still mean to stay mum until at least April or so, but darned if the loss bothers me less than I expected (strict media filtering for a week helped). I take it as a reassuring sign of my own increased emotional maturity :cool: I was back reading Patsfans.com in 2-3 days, something of a record for me.

Last edited:
In case any of you are interested, Brandon Jacobs says the Giants decapitated the Patriots dynasty.

Enjoy your week.

TB and BB still employed last I heard :cool:

Honestly, about a day later I was thinking about the draft, free agency and watching the world burn.

Which hurt more, the Superbowl 42 loss that ended the perfection or the Superbowl 46 loss that ended the revenge talks?

Which hurt more, the Superbowl 42 loss that ended the perfection or the Superbowl 46 loss that ended the revenge talks?

Which Superbowl do Giants fans feel more fortunate to have come out the winner in? The one with a miracle helmet catch on a play where the refs swallowed their whistles to allow the play to continue, or the one where every break went the Giants way, and a miracle drop by one of the best receivers in league allowed the Giants to escape with a close call victory?

I don't know about you guys but I got over this loss pretty fast. Comparing our team to the Giants next year, the Giants might not even make it to the playoffs. (In fact, I will call it now, Giants are not making the playoffs next year).

We have great future to look forward to. Great Cap space, Young team that is growing, McDaniels is back, 2 1st and 2 2nd rounders, a rich FA of WRs, BB enjoying his coaching, Jets are in demise, Bills have their issues, Miami undergoing change. No point to looking at the past anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes