PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well.. here I am back on PatsFans.

After that last hail mary fell to the turf, I promptly turned off the TV and blocked out anything sports-related, including websites, TV, radio... just couldn't handle it, especially hearing anything the Giants players had to say (so thankfully, I still have no idea haha)

Please tell me there's at least a few others who felt the same way...

I did the same thing. This week is the first time I've been to ESPN.com since the game and that was straight to ESPN Boston.

Still haven't watched anything sports related on TV.

I'm still on the same boat. Don't watch any sports channels or magazines. The last 3 SI is still lying around untouched.

The only place that I ever visit sports related is this forum !

Thanks Ian

Last edited:
I had no problem coming here to Patsfans, we're among friends, but today is the first time I'm watching NFL Live and the first time I watched ESPN was yesterday. Started dropping in on Sirius NFL radio earlier this week and I have not yet seen or heard any player from the team that shall not be named.
I've put last season behind me and waiting for next season to begin. I thought it would take longer than it actually did.

Superbowl talk had pretty much blown over 5 days after the fact. People like to say there is no offseason in the NFL. All discussion has moved to free agency and the NFL draft.

Last edited:

After that last hail mary fell to the turf, I promptly turned off the TV and blocked out anything sports-related, including websites, TV, radio... just couldn't handle it, especially hearing anything the Giants players had to say (so thankfully, I still have no idea haha)

I sat and watched the celebration, partly out of shock, partly in hopes that they would say its a joke or I wake up.

I can't view too much media, doesn't help that the Celtics are the perfect candidate for this 'End of an era' crap and the Sox talk is all about last September. Boston sports went from a huge high when Bruins won to feeling like a drought is coming.

Everywhere I go online I see pictures of the Giants though, I still haven't been able to admit they are better, I still don't know how the media got it right.

No TV stuff still, but I came here a couple days after

I came back here the day after, no problems. It was cathartic.

I got back into ESPN late last week, but without looking at anything else on the site, went only to college hoops. Now it's safe to go for even NFL content. There's surprisingly little about the Super Bowl. It's true, everyone has already moved onto free agency and the draft.

In case any of you are interested, Brandon Jacobs says the Giants decapitated the Patriots dynasty.

Enjoy your week.

I've only been coming here. I visited ESPN a few times in the last week, but for the entire week after the game I avoided all sports sites but this one.

I stayed away from the forum most of the time, but I am slowly coming back :)

Not because I couldn't think about the loss, I just had to make sure the other came away from the edge!

In case any of you are interested, Brandon Jacobs says the Giants decapitated the Patriots dynasty.

Enjoy your week.

Unfortunately, he's right. We'd be on 5 rings at this point. Oh well. Such is life. We'll have to live with watching the Patriots win 13-14 games next year and be the #1 seed in the AFC while the Giants, as is their wont, slip back to mediocrity.

You can't be serious ... oh the drama :bricks:

I was over it by the next morning. The team tried their best and we were beaten by a team with more talent in the trenches ... glad for a great season and we'll try again. It's why we are hated so much ... year after year we are in the mix and it's a great ride.

You can't be serious ... oh the drama :bricks:

I was over it by the next morning. The team tried their best and we were beaten by a team with more talent in the trenches ... glad for a great season and we'll try again. It's why we are hated so much ... year after year we are in the mix and it's a great ride.
Three days and it was done and dusted for me.

I DID go to this website, misery loves company....and quite frankly, my family doesn't understand. I came here with the commiserate with fans that felt as much pain as I did.

All part of the healing process.

I'm in the same boat as you...Still adhering to media blackout...

Once I saw th ball drop on the ground and took a long bath thinking about everything that happened during the game. It was really helpful.

This my first post since the game....just couldn't do it....and I was very active the 2 weeks prior.
No Mike Reiss or Espn or Nfl Network,either.

I feel your pain,buddy.........still don't understand how they lost....Eli was just better,sad to say:(

I felt EXACTLY as you did.....and I posted a thread on it too....It was very therapeutic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes