Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by drew4008, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well.. here I am back on PatsFans.

After that last hail mary fell to the turf, I promptly turned off the TV and blocked out anything sports-related, including websites, TV, radio... just couldn't handle it, especially hearing anything the Giants players had to say (so thankfully, I still have no idea haha)

Please tell me there's at least a few others who felt the same way...
  2. deters

deters Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I did the same thing. This week is the first time I've been to ESPN.com since the game and that was straight to ESPN Boston.

Still haven't watched anything sports related on TV.
  3. parthasas

parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm still on the same boat. Don't watch any sports channels or magazines. The last 3 SI is still lying around untouched.

The only place that I ever visit sports related is this forum !

Thanks Ian
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. Mike in 333

Mike in 333 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I had no problem coming here to Patsfans, we're among friends, but today is the first time I'm watching NFL Live and the first time I watched ESPN was yesterday. Started dropping in on Sirius NFL radio earlier this week and I have not yet seen or heard any player from the team that shall not be named.
    I've put last season behind me and waiting for next season to begin. I thought it would take longer than it actually did.
  5. Smokeeye123

Smokeeye123 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Superbowl talk had pretty much blown over 5 days after the fact. People like to say there is no offseason in the NFL. All discussion has moved to free agency and the NFL draft.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  6. Dutchmaster617

Dutchmaster617 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I sat and watched the celebration, partly out of shock, partly in hopes that they would say its a joke or I wake up.

I can't view too much media, doesn't help that the Celtics are the perfect candidate for this 'End of an era' crap and the Sox talk is all about last September. Boston sports went from a huge high when Bruins won to feeling like a drought is coming.

Everywhere I go online I see pictures of the Giants though, I still haven't been able to admit they are better, I still don't know how the media got it right.
  7. midpack

midpack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No TV stuff still, but I came here a couple days after
  8. tatepatsfan

tatepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I came back here the day after, no problems. It was cathartic.

I got back into ESPN late last week, but without looking at anything else on the site, went only to college hoops. Now it's safe to go for even NFL content. There's surprisingly little about the Super Bowl. It's true, everyone has already moved onto free agency and the draft.
  9. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In case any of you are interested, Brandon Jacobs says the Giants decapitated the Patriots dynasty.

Enjoy your week.
  10. Jangles

Jangles PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I've only been coming here. I visited ESPN a few times in the last week, but for the entire week after the game I avoided all sports sites but this one.
  11. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I stayed away from the forum most of the time, but I am slowly coming back :)

Not because I couldn't think about the loss, I just had to make sure the other came away from the edge!
  12. ivanvamp

ivanvamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, he's right. We'd be on 5 rings at this point. Oh well. Such is life. We'll have to live with watching the Patriots win 13-14 games next year and be the #1 seed in the AFC while the Giants, as is their wont, slip back to mediocrity.
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

You can't be serious ... oh the drama :bricks:

I was over it by the next morning. The team tried their best and we were beaten by a team with more talent in the trenches ... glad for a great season and we'll try again. It's why we are hated so much ... year after year we are in the mix and it's a great ride.
  14. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

Three days and it was done and dusted for me.
  15. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I DID go to this website, misery loves company....and quite frankly, my family doesn't understand. I came here with the commiserate with fans that felt as much pain as I did.

All part of the healing process.
  16. PATSMATT

PATSMATT Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm in the same boat as you...Still adhering to media blackout...
  17. robbomango

robbomango Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

definitely felt like doing this right after the game. I'm over it now:verycool:

[​IMG]
  18. BradyMossWelker

BradyMossWelker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Once I saw th ball drop on the ground and took a long bath thinking about everything that happened during the game. It was really helpful.
  19. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This my first post since the game....just couldn't do it....and I was very active the 2 weeks prior.
    No Mike Reiss or Espn or Nfl Network,either.

I feel your pain,buddy.........still don't understand how they lost....Eli was just better,sad to say:(
  20. patfanken

patfanken Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#91 Jersey

I felt EXACTLY as you did.....and I posted a thread on it too....It was very therapeutic. ;)
  21. Joey007

Joey007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

It's funny, I thought I was going to do what you've done and take a break from the NFL for a month or so. It was only two-three days I started following Patriot websites (like this) again, I don't know, I couldn't stay away I guess. Now I watch pretty much everything like usual, except when the Giants SB Champions commercials come on, I ALWAYS change the channel. I never want to see it as long as I live.
  22. robbomango

robbomango Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I couldn't stop dreaming of missed opportunities and winning scenario's for at least 6 nights. Looking forward to the FA and draft prospects completely took my mind off of it.

It's a blast watching these guys, can't wait for next season.:singing:
  23. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

I did a bit of that in 2007.

This year I watched a an odd and unlikely assembly of players achieve much more the the sum total of their parts. They won with hard work, and heart.

That's something to be proud of. I enjoyed the ride this season greatly and know they achieved much more than I truly thought possible.

The glass was much much more than half full even with the Super Bowl loss.
  24. tobias funke

tobias funke Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Exactly.

The pressure wasn't there this year. Maybe the media wanted it to be, but it was a hard-fought Super Bowl and the Giants were better that day (or luckier). I didn't expect to see the team playing in the Super Bowl, and they were half an inch away from not even going in the first place.

Watching them lose the game was tough, but I was excited for this season the instant the hail mary hit the turf. I took a few days off from the media to avoid the Giants being vindicated for talking **** for 2 weeks. I mostly felt bad that Welker took so much heat over the dropped pass. The game didn't have to come down to that, and they wouldn't have been in the game at all if it weren't for him. Bring on 2012.
  25. cardiak

cardiak Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.
  26. InRodWeRust

InRodWeRust Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I turned the T.V. off the instant the ball hit the ground from the hail mary and I've been avoiding the NFL Network and ESPN like the plague since. I'll probably turn it on for the draft and then tune into the NFL Network here and there during training camp and then once the season starts I'll go back to my normal viewing routine.

SB 42 toughened me up for this loss but I was still enraged. I had to work the next day so the only thing that would calm me down to be able to sleep was to get plastered. It worked and I was sane enough to make it through the following Monday. Thank god nobody really busted my balls about it though because I might have up and left work on the spot.

I was hoping this past loss would get me jaded enough to give up on football so I can finally start living a normal functional life during the football season but no such luck. Here I am still obsessed starting in the doldrums of the offseason.

I am weak :D
  27. Henroc

Henroc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brandon Jacobs is overpaid and he was garbage in that game. Probably said that to try and make himself feel like a champion.

but yes it was a tough loss. but hey we made it to the SB with a 31st ranked defense so that has to mean something. We haven't hit the bottom of the well or anything. Brady will only be 35 and we only need a couple pieces on offense and hopefully we can make adjustments to our D. Can't wait for free agency
  28. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Noticed a program on NFL network while channel flipping last night about the "snake-bit teams of the NFL" which included KC, Detroit, and the NY Jets. Provided the first NFL related smile I've had since then.
  29. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

Not only am I in the boat, I am the captain!
  30. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

It's exacerbated for me, living in Manhattan. So, as in 2008, the worst part was listening to the horns honking and drunks celebrating in the streets outside my apartment into the night.

I seldom watch HSPN anyway, so that's not a problem. I avoided the local newscasts until "The Parade" was over. I just ignored the Sports section of the local papers until the week of the 13th.

Still, as unpleasant as this was, my misery didn't compare to 2008 when a Pats team and its HC & QB lost a once in a generation shot at Sports Immortality because of a fluke catch.

This time, the Offense just didn't get the job done and no one could seem to "make a play" when it had to be made. I was miserable, but it was still easier to take.

If you'd told me on Sunday morning before the game that our D would only surrender 19 points and that the Giants would put the ball on the ground three effing times, I'd have lost a lot of money betting that the Pats would win that game.

Instead, Manningham made a play; Welker didn't. Thus endeth the lesson and on to next season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.