Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is anyone else having Freedom of Speech issues on other MBs?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Sep 2, 2009.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Apparently, I lost my posting AND pm priveleges on a pre-tribulation rapture end times MB b/c I just MERELY *private messaged* someone over how this pre-trib doctrine looks like nonsense(and was pretty much responding to one of his posts in that pm over why a verse of scripture has no pre-trib meaning to it - 1st The 4:15-18).

Translation - you can't say anything about FEMA camps, call out Bush/Cheney/Iraq war in a negative light, Billy Graham being a 33rd Degree Freemason, warn others to stock up on food/water/supplies with the impending financial meltdown around the corner, the Rockefellers being one of the big engineers behind the ecumenical movement, etc.

FWIW - scripture talks about at length over unprepardness being foolishness...this is just plain DUMB on their part.

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

As someone that sometimes posts neg. to your threads, i don't see why you would be Singled out. People on both sides have said much worse......ASK

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +586 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

As has been stated many time, Freedom of Speech does not apply to private message boards. Their board, their rules.

4. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +224 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

Good Point.......PMs maybe different.

5. DisgruntledTunaFan

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It IS a _Christian_ MB, FWIW.

Pt being that they say how our posts need to be fruitful in terms of witnessing the gospel. But en yet, DESPITE Bush/Cheney's deceptions to get us into Iraq(and sacrificing so many kids and billion$ to do so), Bush mocking Christianity himself(i.e. remember his comment over how Christians and Muslims alike can go to Heaven), and pretty much implementing every globalist agenda(i.e. Patriot Act, illegal wiretapping, torture, etc) that's inched us closer to this One World Government to be runned by the Antichrist, we STILL can't call out their wrongdoings? And for that matter too - Billy Graham's Freemasonry connections are well documented - it's just that noone wants to admit it.

And yeah - it was only a private message - plus that guy I private messaged to got alot of flack on that board for MERELY asking HOW is 1st The 4:15-18 is a rapture verse? He wasn't promoting any other kind of rapture doctrine, but just ASKING. Again - Freedom of Speech issue.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +513 / 14 / -28

Probably best that I do not join a "christian" MB... would last a very short time.

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +586 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

No, NOT Freedom of Speech issue.

Freedom of Speech prevents the GOVERNMENT from outlawing speech in public places. It does not prevent the owner of a private message board from outlawing speech there.

8. DisgruntledTunaFan

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well - what I meant(and want to clear up) is that what I've seen recently on alot of MBs, whether political, sports, entertainment, or whatever(not this one, but many in general) is that the admins/mods are just overtly-cracking down and acting Nazi-like on alot of stuff that aren't even in the rules, or if they merely perceive some poster to be an "enemy".

Just like the examples I gave above - if they don't want Left-Wing/Anti-War agendas, fine, but that doesn't excuse Bush/Cheney for all the damage they did. If they don't want allow discussions of other doctrines outside of pre-trib, fine, but that poster was MERELY asking a _question_ about a certain passage. Oh - Rex 84 IS for real - there's nothing conspiratorial nor anything to deny about it. And for that matter - I ended up losing privileges over a *private message*, which shouldn't even be their business to look at.

Anyhow - that was my point - on alot of MBs nowdays, the admins and mods seem to be working overtime to overtly-crackdown and act like they're running a police state.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +586 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

I think that's just a sign of the times, despite what the prez claimed he would do, we're more divided than ever. Not that it started with obama by any means but he is continuing the trend of us being more and more divided.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I got tossed off of "Uptight brainwashed Dickwads.com" last week.

[​IMG]

11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

People online have turned real mean of late as far as I can see. That could be why enforcement in general is up.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +586 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

On-line ? Have you checked out obama, pelosi, et al, recently ????

13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Why some here have picked on Patters is beyond me ... other boards prove it.

14. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +46 / 13 / -2

Wrong. It's not a 1st Amendment to the Constitution issue but it certainly is a freedom of speech issue. The principle of free speech extends far beyond being codified in the constitution. Whether justified or not, if someone tells you that you can't say certain things in certain arenas they are most certainly curtailing freedom of speech if not all together abandoning it. You jumped the gun on your comment. The OP never said that he had a right to free speech on the boards or that he had legal recourse. All he said was that freedom of speech is being suppressed which is true.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +224 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

Whipping your Puppy Dog out won't get you to far here. :p