PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else concerned about the Fins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any game against Miami has me taking notice.....because historically these two teams always play each other tough. The biggest questions will be can our secondary contain Chambers, Welker and Booker..........I see us stopping Brown pretty handily.......Can our WR's get open against a very good Miami D? Can Maroney/Dillon run on them? WILL GOSTKOWSKI MAKE THE KICK IF HE HAS TO!????? (This may be the biggest one as this game could be close).......these are the primary questions........IN the end....I see the Pats winning by 10 points....Our O line should allow plenty of time to run and throw,....our D will get alot of pressure and sacks on Culpepper...and limit his game...one man's opinion........The one wild card....is Welker.....guy is deadly on ST and as a "forgotten" receiver.......

PonyExpress said:
The Pats running game is rounding into shape, but has yet to thrive against a defense worth its salt. Buffalo, Jets and Cinci are all sisters of the poor when it comes to run D. Miami, on the other hand, is extremely stout, allowing only 3.0 yards per carry, top 5 in the league. Miami's weakness on D is the secondary, mostly communication weaknesses, and the lack of a playmaker. The Pats will throw early to score in this game, taking the Phins by surprise. The Dolphins will anticipate a run-oriented gameplan from the Pats after watching the ground display against Cinci, and plan for it all week. The Pats will fool them, possibly with the no-huddle early in the game, and I believe C. Jackson will be active and prominently used for the first time.
As for the Phins, they are a fragile team in an emotional crisis. An early deficit would destroy them and may cause a mild sideline mutiny. Saban knows this. Saban has aready diagnosed his team's problems. He knows Mularkey's a mess and a major cause of the team's offensive struggles, and already regrets the hire. Saban knows he has to get an early lead in this game, to rescue the fragile psyche of his players, and he will throw deep to get it from the get go, probably via a trick play such as a flea flicker. To supplement that or set it up, Saban is going to get R. Brown much more involved than in past 4 games, hoping to get him at least 30 touches via run/pass. The season is on the line for him and he will use up this shiny toy Mularkey had been inexplicably neglecting. The Miami offense from now on will be focused on Brown and not the feeble Culpepper.
The lack of Hobbs may hurt the Pats vs Chambers, who possesses more raw speed than C. Johnson and Houshmanzadeh, though less skilfull hands. Once again the key is getting to Culpepper, specifically pressure up the middle, which is why the 4 man front makes more sense to start this game so as to rattle him early, though some 3-4 may be in line later to befuddle even more the clueless Miami QB. If the Phins struggle early, falling behind and showing impotence on offense, Saban will throw Harrington in after halftime without hesitation. Saban is merciless and the only ego that matters is his own. "His" season is on the line. If Culpepper struggles, this will be the big fella's last game for some time. Either he will be outright benched at halftime, or an injury will be invented to save him some embarassment; then, weeks from now, when his knee is healthier, more mobile, he will be given back the starting job.
Once the Pats establish an early lead via the pass, they will begin mixing in the run, and as Miami's frustration grows the Pats will move almost exclusively to the run. By then tackles will be missed, cutback lanes will be overrun, and Miami may even roll over in despair. Call it domination. 27-13 Pats.

"and I believe C. Jackson will be active and prominently used for the first time."

Gawd I hope you are right...........I think he and Gabriel could tear it up against this secondary......O LINE needs to step up big in this game and kick the sh## out of the doofins defense........this is a statement game in my honest opinion.....I friggin hate the doofins.......GO PATS!!!!

It's the NFL. Bottom line is that I'm worried before every game. There's virtually no team that can't beat any other in this league. Throw in a turnover or a couple of holding penalties on consecutive drives in the second half, and a loss is certainly possible.

It's funny that people describe it as a must win for the Dolphins, which I think is true, but while not a must win for the pats, it's hugely important. It's a division game at home, with only one division game left at home.

After the bye, the schedule gets really difficult, with 3-3 in the next 6 being a real possibility, and a road game against the Jags still to go.

Win the game and we can start thinking about things like 12-4 or even dare to dream about first round byes, despite a very tough schedule. Lose the game and even the playoffs becomes somewhat tenuous.

This is a very large game, so yes I'm very concerned.

Yes, I'm worried about the Dolphins, but I worry about every opponent. The Dolphins always play us tough. I see us winning and am confident going in, but, like BB at his Press Conference, I don't think the game will be safely in the W column until well into the fourth Q.

Last edited:
You should be worried. Tom Brady is always good for a couple of picks against the Fins and if our offense can finally convert on those TOs, we should be able to win. It'll be a great game. GO FINS!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You should be worried. Tom Brady is always good for a couple of picks against the Fins and if our offense can finally convert on those TOs, we should be able to win. It'll be a great game. GO FINS!
No, you're right... Brady does seem to have a mental snag when facing the Fish. Fortunately for us, Culpepper seems to have a mental snag when touching a football. ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No, you're right... Brady does seem to have a mental snag when facing the Fish. Fortunately for us, Culpepper seems to have a mental snag when touching a football. ;)

I applaud your effort and keeping things light around here. So far, you are right. But Daunte is looking a little better with each series. He'll get there, I just hope it's this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back