PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else concerned about the Fins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be worried, but I just do not think Miami's OLine can handle our DLine.

I by no means think this is an automatic W, but I am confident we win in a close contest.

BayAreaPatsFan said:
Not sure is "scares me" are the right words, but some teams no matter how bad or how good they are currently playing always seem to give specific opponents trouble. Kind of like Jacksonville and Indy... Miami defense has always given the Patriots fits. Brady has had some of his worst games against the Miami secondary. So just like Denver, these are one of those games that will always be tough for the Patriots !! And if it turns out to be a defensive battle it could be pretty much anyone's game.

:agree:

I think this is BB's mindset as well, and from what I heard of the player interviews on WEEI yesterday they are well aware of how tough it is to play this opponent under any circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised to see Harrington start or enter the game after Culpepper's second or third sack or fumble either because Saban must be tearing his hair out in private that he didn't go with Brees. I just hope it isn't close enough to come down to a late game kick from either team.

You always worry about any opponent. That said, Culpepper is much less mobile than before, the OL is not very good and they no longer have Surtain and Madison at CB.

If the Pats come out and play a smart tough game they will win. The Dolphins will be a desparate team whose season is on the line.

ON any given Sunday who knows what can happen, but I think this Sunday the Pats will win. The Pats seem to play to the level of competition, I do not suspect a runaway game, but I expect them to win.

Pats will win by double digits. Like the previous poster mentioned the Dolphins only tough opponent thus far was the Steelers. They barely got by the Titans for crying out loud! The Pats have a chance to put a strangle hold on this division & I think that's all the motivation they need to get the job done.

Its a trap game for sure. Hard to see BB let it happen though...

I think the fact that the Dolphins can't protect Culpepper, it will be a good day for the Patriots defense.

Va_Pats_Fan said:
Its a trap game for sure. Hard to see BB let it happen though...

Disagree. I dont think a game vs. Miami can be a trap game. If they were playing Cleveland or KC or someone, I could see this being a trap. We can't fall into the same trap that Cincy did, taking a week off before the bye and expecting an easy win. That being said, thats why BB makes the big bucks. Expect a tight one early, and the Pats cruising late.

I tend to agree with everyone, that the Pats will prevail in a hard fought game, pulling away in the 4th quarter. Miami just has that secret formula against Brady. And I hate seeing what Taylor does to Light. he never wins that battle. I do think that the Pats Dline, will dominate Miami's Oline. And that will be the difference,

I hope the run game is there, I hate to think that our run game is a pape tiger, having success vs the jets and bengals and those type of soft Ds, but not beng able to be produce against good defensive fronts.

in 12 we trust said:
I think the fact that the Dolphins can't protect Culpepper, it will be a good day for the Patriots defense.

That's what I'm hoping.

As for the 'trap game' talk, this is the Patriots we're talking about. And a DIVISION game. This is no trap. This is one of the ones that they know matters.

Peter Pat said:
I think everyone here is chalking this game up for a win, I think it will be a battle. I was more sure of a Pats victory last week than this week.

Is anyone else concerned or is it just me.

I share your concerns, however, I do expect a Pats victory. You're totally right in that the Fish always come to play against the Pats and offer us a tough battle. In the end though, they just lack the talent, firepower and the depth to pull out a win especially at Gillette. They'll manage to keep it close by playing tough football, but I think the Pats pull away in the second half and prevail by at least 10.

Back in the late 80s/ early 90s there were many double-digit loss seasons for the Patriots but they'd almost always manage to give Buffalo a good game, even swept them one year as I recall. There's no question Buffalo had superior players and coaching.

If history has proven anything it's that Miami is second only to Denver in being the team that gives us the most fits.

If Daunte plays like the Daunte of the last season and a half then we should be able to win but if Brady plays like Brady does against the Dolphins it's going to be a scary game.

Yes I'm concerned also the fins still have the tough defense and they usually give us problems and CBS just happened to remind me this weekend showing Brady throwing that pass from his backside against the Bengals and as I recall that was the same year he tried that against the Fins and we lost that game because of that. Even when the Fins are not that good they are a handful for the Pats because they just matchup with us on defense so well and they still have a few offensive weapons as well.

im always concerned about miami..they always seem to give us trouble somehow..espeically Brady verse them..they used to make plays with Surtain and Madison but both are gone..aswell as Knight. im concerned as always..but not as much because their OL sucks and their pass D really isnt good

I'm not scared, I just know this game will be a ***** as it always is.

I seriously doubt this team is taking them lightly, because if their heads are fat after one quality win, well then BB better change some attitudes or something. There's to much on this game for us to be taking it lightly.

I'm fairly confident for a pats victory but that's how feel every year and it rarely turns out to be the case.

I think people are misusing the term "trap game." A trap game is when a clearly superior team who has been dominating for a while overlooks a clearly inferior team in talent and performance who plays above their level out of the want to pull the unlikely and upset the better team. Although the Pats played great last week, that was one game after three not very impressive one. This isn't like 2004 where the Pats were on a role and one of the best teams in the league. The Pats are still too close to the time of being dismissed and doubted to become overconfident. Just last week people were talking about how the franchise was crumbling, the star QB was unhappy, and the head coach was going to turn on the owner any day now. This being a division game where a lot of strange things happen and against the Fins who always play this team hard this could be a tough game, but I don't think it can be called a trap game.

I think the Patriots should win the game on paper. But every game concerns me if they don't take the opponent seriously, don't play well and have too many turnovers. It's possible to lose to any team no matter how it looks before the game. And most Miami/Patriot games don't play out how it looks like it should on paper before the game is played.

I'm not worried about Miami any more than any other team. I think Buffalo is a greater threat to us.

Miami is running the system of Pep's old OC from Minn.: +

Miami's D always give Brady a hard time: +

Miami is desperate: +

Mularky is the OC for Miami and will use the system with his own
thoughts on how it should be run: -

Pep, for the most part can't read a D and make the proper adjustments
at the line: -

Miami's OL is not too good and with Pep's inability to make the proper adjustments at the line makes them look ever worse: -

Harrington starting or replaceing Pep: ?????

Think I'll watch the game with maybe 1 pair of fingures crossed. Ya think.?

PS: Always concerned, winning is never easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back