PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is anyone else amazed at the penalty calls....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
against the Chargers...that ARE NOT being called? I mean how many of our D linemen/LB's have been held here....and NOTHING called? Bruschi was trying to spin in on one of the last plays and had his back to the guy...SD lineman grabbed his shoulder pads and was ushering Bruschi to the Prom there...what the F*$%....at least give the guy a corsage first!!!!

GO PATS!!!!

how bout that non-call. even the tv guys saw the PI. grr

Wahhhhhh what about Brewskis none PI call. You guys are unreal already cryin about the officiating.:rolleyes:

its annoying. i was ranting about it. show me where i was making an excuse or whining. i was surprised to hear the announcers comment on it because they barely ever point out ref screw-ups.

Wahhhhhh what about Brewskis none PI call. You guys are unreal already cryin about the officiating.:rolleyes:

How about you STFU and put youer head back in whatever hole it came out of. The number of holding calls that should have been made on SD is outrageous. Fact is that you don't even have that Play with Bruschi on Tomlinson if the Refs had actually called the holding earlier.

its annoying. i was ranting about it. show me where i was making an excuse or whining. i was surprised to hear the announcers comment on it because they barely ever point out ref screw-ups.

I know what you mean, but I think it's been reasonably even on both sides of the ball. Hasn't been great on either, but non-calls for both is way better than bad calls.

I agree with the Chargers fan. This is crying.

against the Chargers...that ARE NOT being called? I mean how many of our D linemen/LB's have been held here....and NOTHING called? Bruschi was trying to spin in on one of the last plays and had his back to the guy...SD lineman grabbed his shoulder pads and was ushering Bruschi to the Prom there...what the F*$%....at least give the guy a corsage first!!!

If you're talking about the play I think you're talking about, Bruschi's 1A gap blitz at the very end of the 1st quarter, that was a perfectly legal block and a bad play by Bruschi. If a defense intiates contact like Bruschi did and then attempts to spin while still engaged with the blocker, the blocker can shove the defender face first into the ground if he wants too, otherwise you'd see defensive players rushing the passer backwards on every play because the Oline couldn't touch them.

The non-call on Florence's pass breakup was marginal. Brady threw into tight coverage, we have no reason to complain that it was incomplete.

Go Pats.

I know what you mean, but I think it's been reasonably even on both sides of the ball. Hasn't been great on either, but non-calls for both is way better than bad calls.

oh, i'll agree with that. i posted my original comment just after the non-call happened. and it wasn't at all in the spirit of "the refs are screwing us," it was more like "it would have been nice if they could have gotten that one right."

as long as no horrible calls go unreversed i'm happy.

*edit* i just hate overreaction. if you think a call was crappy you're whining, if you think your team is good you're a homer. you share an opinion and everyone has to label you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes