PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Anthony Fasano worth dealing a second round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Dolphins have tendered Fasano at his original draft position so the Pats would have to dish out a second pick for the rights to Fasano.

While Fasano was injured and had a down year after his impressive 2008 campaign in which he had nearly 500 yards receiving and 7 touchdowns,maybe last year was just a stumble on the way to better things.

He had not done much as a Cowboy so I guess he is a risky proposition,but with a team like the Pats with zero talent and depth at TE,I just think we will need a veteran TE instead of hoping a 2010 draft pick works out.

Is he worth a 2nd?

Last edited:
He has torched the Pats in the past over the middle, but he's probably not worth a 2nd (Dolphins got him and Ayodele for a 4th rounder in 2008), and I doubt Parcells would be looking to work out a trade within the division, especially when Henne still needs targets.

Olsen would seem to be a much more realistic target, given that his value is closer to a 2nd rounder (late), the Bears just signed Manumaleuna and hired Martz, and that Angelo has historically been willing to trade the Pats.

Last edited:
I think he would fit perfectly with our system. I would trade #53 for him.

He was terribly inconsistent last year. I'd rather try and get Olsen.

Are you guys joking, his numbers are not much better then watsons, so why give a rival a second round pick for a mediocre TE. Olsen i bet could be had for a second and we dont throw to the te anyways.

What's with the "trade valuable draft picks and pay a high salary to a mediocre player" ideas?

Sure he's an OK player, but we have to pay a high almost FA salary AND give up a #2? Are you kidding?

Dennis Pitta out of BYU is better than this guy and you can get him on a ROOKIE deal in the 4th. Better, cheaper, lower draft pick. Fasano for a 2nd? what are you smoking?

no no nono no no nono no

Last edited:
If he were in this draft without his NFL experience would anyone use a 2nd? I really don't think so. The Dolphins wouldn't match an offer anyway. They would take the pick and cash it in for a better player. Then they would draft a better TE in the 4th or 5th round.

Edit:
Dennis Pitta
Tony Moeaki
Colin Peek
Andrew Quarless
Jim Dray

All better than Fasano and should be there after the 2nd round.

Last edited:
I hate these threads. Why would we deal a 2nd for Fasano when we could have just kept Baker or Watson? Even if Fasano is better than either of them, it's not by much.

TE's - even with NE having none on the roster, are pretty far down the list of priorities.

Rather use that pick on an impact player in the draft.

I think the Pats can trade back and get a good TE in the 3rd.

Agree with the inconsistent label... no I wouldn't give a 2nd for him. 5th, sure.

No hes not worth a second! Hes a nice player but IMO he is a number two wideout. David Thomas is around his talent level.

Fasano has had his share of success against the Pats

10 receptions for 179 Yards and a TD in 4 games against the Pats

The guy can play....Is he worth a second?,perhaps not,but the guy can play

Fasona is slower than watson
Fasona is not as good in blocking as watson
Fasona has more dropy then watson

so NO.He more comparable to David Thomas is speed,size and hands.

Last edited:
No. No. No. No.

No. I guess I have to write 10 characters to make this a legit post which it now is as I have met the required amount of characters and then some so I guess I'll post this in a few seconds.....like right now.

He has torched the Pats in the past over the middle, but he's probably not worth a 2nd (Dolphins got him and Ayodele for a 4th rounder in 2008), and I doubt Parcells would be looking to work out a trade within the division, especially when Henne still needs targets.

But I bet that Big Bill would be happy to take a 2nd-rounder for him, esp. considering that he only paid #100 overall for both him & SILB Akin Ayodele (who's unrestricted now, BTW) on draft day 2008, as Pats1 noted.

I wouldn't pay that price, though. I wouldn't even think about it until the 4th round, if then. He's a better blocker than Watson and has better hands, but anything more than our 4th-rounder is TBC-style overpayment.

The Dolphins have tendered Fasano at his original draft position so the Pats would have to dish out a second pick for the rights to Fasano.

While Fasano was injured and had a down year after his impressive 2008 campaign in which he had nearly 500 yards receiving and 7 touchdowns,maybe last year was just a stumble on the way to better things.

He had not done much as a Cowboy so I guess he is a risky proposition,but with a team like the Pats with zero talent and depth at TE,I just think we will need a veteran TE instead of hoping a 2010 draft pick works out.

Is he worth a 2nd?

In this Jets fan's opinion - no. Fasano is a decent player, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes