Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is an eye for an eye a good standard of justice?

Discussion in 'Religion and Lighthearted Discussion' started by Greatest I am, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Is an eye for an eye a good standard of justice?

God does not seem to think so.

Our standard of justice as shown in the scriptures and in most governments is based on an eye for an eye where the penalty has a relationship to the severity of the offence.

God does not go by this standard.

In his eyes, all sins are the same, in terms of the penalty God planned and will be punished eternally and in the same way.

Is God’s eternal punishment for all sinners, great or small, good justice?
    If so, should we scrap an eye for an eye and have the same punishment for all crimes and sins?
    Should we follow God’s lead instead of going against it in secular justice?

Is an eye for an eye good justice?

If you think so, please speculate on God’s overkill in terms of punishment.

Regards
    DL

2. SalemPats

SalemPats 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +303 / 32 / -19

No Jersey Selected

say 10 hell marys and then you're good

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Boogs

Boogs 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +244 / 7 / -5

I don't think 10 "hell" marys will get you into heaven.

4. Greatest I am

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the deep thinking.

Regards
    DL

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,815 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

When I got the 10 Hail Mary's ... 10 Our Fathers and 5 Act of Contritions all at once as penance I knew I was living on the edge.

6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +385 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Since Jesus was willing to take the punishment that we deserved I'd say that this doesn't describe God's standard at all.

7. Greatest I am

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The problem with that view is that it is anti all that the bible and a God would stand against.

Human sacrifice is bad and to think that a God would demand something bad is satanic.

Stop thinking as Satan would please.

How will you get yourself into heaven? On your own merit or via a scapegoat?

Revisit substitutionary atonement or vicarious redemption and scapegoating with me just to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Scapegoating IOW.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning as we all know that it is immoral to kill the innocent. God knows this yet Christians do not seem to. You do. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a son just to prove it's benevolence. When you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

If and when you say yes, you become his.

-----------------------------------

The other option in scriptures, a moral one, is shown here. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Scriptures indicate that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and as God’s will is supreme and cannot be thwarted, this will come to pass.

---------------------------------

It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning and demanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.
    Christians have an insane view of love, IMO.

Would you express your love for humanity or those you love by having your own child needlessly murdered?

Or if convinced that a sacrifice was somehow good, would you have the moral fortitude to step up yourself to that cross instead of sending your child?

Your cowardly God did not.

Regards
    DL

8. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +385 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

He also seems to prefer mercy:
    Too bad he came to save sinners, which leaves you out since you are too moral to sin.

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +681 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

LOL 5 and 5 and one Act of Contrition was our standard penance - regardless of how many times you had disobeyed your mother, had an impure thought or lied about the dog eating your homework. I began to think that the priest wasn't listening because it didn't matter what you confessed - it was always 5, 5 and 1.

I was always tempted to make up a murder just to see if it changed but that would have entailed another confession to confess the false confession and the logistics failed me.

10. Greatest I am

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for showing your love of human sacrifice and how you will love riding your scapegoat whipping boy Jesus into heaven.

God will like to see that.

Regards
    DL

11. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +385 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Thanks for sharing more inconsistent logic: pointing to verses that you think agree with your premise while ignoring pretty much the rest of the Book.

12. Greatest I am

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How will you get yourself into heaven? On your own merit or via a scapegoat?

Revisit substitutionary atonement or vicarious redemption and scapegoating with me just to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Scapegoating IOW.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning as we all know that it is immoral to kill the innocent. God knows this yet Christians do not seem to. You do. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a son just to prove it's benevolence. When you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

If and when you say yes, you become his.
    -----------------------------------

The other option in scriptures, a moral one, is shown here. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Scriptures indicate that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and as God’s will is supreme and cannot be thwarted, this will come to pass.
    ---------------------------------
    It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning and demanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.
    Christians have an insane view of love, IMO.

Would you express your love for humanity or those you love by having your own child needlessly murdered?

Or if convinced that a sacrifice was somehow good, would you have the moral fortitude to step up yourself to that cross instead of sending your child?

Your cowardly God did not.

Regards
    DL

13. The Brandon Five

Ratings:
    +385 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

From the Department of Redundancy Department...