PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Aaron Rodgers better than Tom Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I keep hearing from all the sports pundits of how Rodgers is the best player in the NFL right now. He's certainly playing extremely well, but is he playing better than Brady? What do you think?

keep in mind I'm just talking about this season so far and not all time. Brady's three rings and many records speak for themselves

Last edited:
I don't like these dicussions of "who's the best ". Having just come from the Falcons game I can tell you that Rogers is a great QB and a great leader. He made some amazing throws.

I think hearing from all the sports pundits of how Rodgers is the best player in the NFL right now. He's certainly playing extremely well, but is he playing better than Brady? What do you think?

keep in mind I'm just talking about this season so far and not all time. Brady's three rings and many records speak for themselves

I have no problem with Rodgers being crowned. He is playing at an all time pace.

He's got the precision and accuracy of a Brady or Manning and the athleticism of a Mike Vick. IMO, he deserves to be in the "best" conversation with Brady at this point more than Manning. As of right now, though, I would take Brady over Rodgers.

Is he playing better? Probably.

Too soon to tell how he deals with fame and expectations.

the best player in the NFL right now.

3ab2aaf75e5a16092b5433d8c510baff.jpg

No. Brady has played two top-5 passing defenses. Rodgers hasn't played any better than #15. And passer rating is going to be heavily skewed toward Rodgers, considering that 1 of Brady's 6 picks was actually a legitimately bad throw, and that one should've been a TD as well.

Brady tied a record for most consecutive games with 2+ TDs. Brady is on pace to best Marino's passing yards record. Because Hernandez muffed that TD catch, Brady threw just his first red zone INT at home in his NFL career, leaving him with a better than 90-1 TD/INT ratio in that area. The Patriots are chasing the all-time record for most consecutive games scoring 30+ points.

No, Rodgers is not better than Brady.

I got no problem saying that Rodgers was the best QB in the league last year...and he's the best QB in the league this year....GB is 5-0....why this is hard to admit for some people is beyond me...after all, we are NOT JetFan1 like Pats fans, are we? That being said, as a Patriot fan I'll go to war with TFB and let the chips fall where they may...hopefully we WILL get that chance

Let's see what this cat is up to 5-10 years from now. Let's see how he handles the adversity of losing coordinators, favorite receivers, an ACL, etc, and the kind of consistency he can string together over the course of a career before we crown him.

They're both awesome. I wouldn't complain if either were my QB. Add Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

One thing to note: The 25 points the Packers put up tonight is enough to lose a lot of games. For perspective, the Pats have scored more than that in their last 13 games. In his last 13 games, Rodgers has failed to put up 30 points 7 times.

Wasn't this settled by the players after last season? Brady was voted by his peers as #1 in the NFL.

Aaron is an amazing WR,

saying that, he prob has the best team around him right now that he will ever have, and he has a much better defense than the what tom brady has been used to for the past 7 years, which translates to shorter fields, more points

talent wise? the guy is like another poster has said, as precise as brady, but he can move and run around unlike brady...he does NOT have brady's pocket awareness (nobody in history did/does though)

Well, there's absolutely no question that Tom Brady is the right man for the New England Patriots. He and BB have a rare QB/HC rapport built upon a decade-long working relationship.

One thing to note: The 25 points the Packers put up tonight is enough to lose a lot of games. For perspective, the Pats have scored more than that in their last 13 games. In his last 13 games, Rodgers has failed to put up 30 points 7 times.

True, but i feel that might be skewed a little bit. For one, rodgers receivers have dropped many very catchable touchdown passes in the games i have witnessed (which were a lot, including today).

Aaron's favorite qb in the NFL? Tom MF Brady.

yea ive heard how rodgers admires tom brady.

To answer the question, with each qb in each respective system... i would take brady over rodgers (slightly).

But if rodgers and brady had to play on a whole different squad, i think rodgers would be the one to pick

Brady-Manning

Everyone else like someone else said holla back in 10 years if you have 3 rings and a undefeated reg season in your resume

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes