Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is 70's style stagflation on the way?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Said it before, will say it again: with each passing day I'm seeing more of Jimmy Cahter redux in Obama-rama. He's younger and an infinitely better speaker, but his substance, his content, is not much different from what Cahter was peddling. A little better -- MAYBE -- but not much.

These ACORN nuts, Van Jones, Rahm Emmanual, and other whackos he associates himself with are deeply troubling.

Iran is going nuclear; North Korea is already there; Venezuela wants to go there; Mexico/Latin America is running drugs in the U.S. like there's no tomorrow; and China has more U.S. currency than anyone except the people running the U.S. mint. We need leadership, boys and girls, and it's got to be GOOD. Half-azz won't do. Not now.

//
  3. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +495 / 6 / -7

Wow, color me surprised. Fog thinks Obama is like Jimmy Carter. What a shock. Nice of you to dump all of this in Obama's lap, since he's been in office what, six months. Somehow I doubt you were this critical the past eight years.
  4. Roland

Roland Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obama is going to destroy the country from the inside. He is going to make 9/11 seem like nothing. He is fullfilling his obligation to allah his god. Right in front of everyones eyes we go down the tube thanks to the liberals who thought all their bills were going to get paid.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

Great intelligent post.. well thought out, meaningful.. regurgitate much???

Personally voted twice, so could get paid twice as much.. my wife voted three times..
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

RW the article in Forbes is correct, it may be worse this time. We are looking at a higher debt/GDP # and higher spending as a % of GDP along the the looming retirement of the baby boomers.

The dems will get some stupid pubbies to go along with 'health care reform'. This will be the icing on the stagflation cake and the Treasury prints money and uses inflation to monitize the debt. We seem this approach before and it is a disaster.
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Here's what scares me .What turned a bad recession into the Great Depression worse were three things, 1) tariffs on foreign goods that killed exports when other nations reciprocated 2) Higher taxes on income and 3) Tightened credit that stifled the recovery.
    President Obama wants to raise taxes on those higher income people who create the obs in the economy. Recently he instituted tariffs on Chinese tires inviting a response on chicken and grain products that are being exported. If they tighten credit, they will be repeating the mistakes of history and fail to learn from it.......
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

From the link in the OP: bold added by me.
    Ok, is that some kind of joke?
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Not only has credit been tightened, there is very little demand for credit from the consumer sector. Consumers are tightening their use of credit all on their own. Another difference is that most Americans saved money back in the 20's and credit cards didn't exist.

It's going to be a long time before consumer demand for credit increases at all. So even if Americans decide to start "spending" again, it will be with cash more than it has been for decades. What this all means is that "Consumer Spending" will remain below previous levels for years to come.

If Americans only bought with cash, our GDP would have been about 20-30% below what we've had from the past 10-15 years. Of course some Americans will still buy on credit, but only a percentage of what drove our economy previously.

Remember, consumer spending drives almost 75% of US GDP, so even if commercial credit loosened, businesses would have no reason to invest in increased production. Businesses and corporations can not change the direction of our economy on their own, they need the help of consumers to re-fuel the engine.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  10. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Honestly - I'll be surprised if the USA has another election. I felt last year's election was our LAST.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This is pathetic and hypocritical in its entirety on so many levels, I don't quite know where to begin.

A few quick points of clarification, not that anyone on this forum believes a word you ever say:

- Mexico and Latin America has been running drugs for decades, enabled and supported by your heroes of RW leadership for decades. Decades. Again, perhaps you missed what was at the crux of Iran-Contra.

- China holds U.S. currency due to RW-era corporate friendly legislation and real estate deals. It was Friedman Chicago school policy that made it "good business" to move your factory abroad. To some of us, however, such a souless practice amounts to treason.

- How/where is Obama "associating with" ACORN? I believe he has DISassociated with them.

- Your first paragraph is embarrassingly vague. Just what are you getting at? What "substance" do you take issue with, specifically? How will you blame Godlessness, homosexuality, and communism for THIS one?

- Nothing he has done has been "half-azzed." Misguided at times, especially on energy, but he's gotten far more done than the Boy King did. At least, regarding matters of any substance.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You just don't get it. Never have. Oh, well. Ring back when you get a clue on the issues of "right" and "wrong".

//
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

LOL. That brief, vague response was transparent.

In other words, "oh yeah.. you're right. ... Reagan-Bush-Casper, et al, DID use drug and arms profits to fund Central American death squads... and here I am pretending it's only happening NOW under the black guy's watch... no mas."

Sorry Fog... I HAVE a clue regarding right and wrong ... Never lost it. ... It's you who lacks a clue regarding "right vs. wrong." You prove it here on a daily basis.
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Obama STILL has very serious credibility issues with regards to his selections of top leadership posts; the Latin American drug wars are only FURTHERING their reach into America's heartland; America is STILL indebted to China to the tune of 8 TRILLION dollars; tin-horn wanna-be dictators, like Chavez, Zelaya, Evo Morales, Ahmedinjedad, and Kim Jongil are aiming daggers, harpoons, and spears at every soft spot America has ........ and what does YOUR "black hero" do about it???? Rally his base and try to ram socialized medicine down America's throat. :wha: ..... while the Taliban poise to re-take Afghanistan, while Chavez seeks nukes from Putin, ..... while drug lords truck in and grow hundreds of tons of drugs, while taking out tens of BILLIONS of dollars... while NKorea builds a nuke missile to hit the U.S..... ---> Jimmy Carter all over again.

Yeah, YOUR hero: what's his plan?? What's he gonna do?? Build his own private army, a la Janet Reno??? Destroy all the "white militants"??? Shut down all the town halls??? Send in the Red Guards to disperse the peaceful demonstrators???

You haven't got a clue, and you know it. Which everyone else sees, too.

//
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

at "meanwhile," it was over for you.

your entire premise here is a "meanwhile"... you can never focus on the undeniable truth put to you. You posture, and straw man, and paint completely irrelevant correlations, and deflect, and ignore, and hide. ... Punt it away, Fog. ... YOu possess very limited, partisan perspective.

You'll irresponsibly run your mouth, and slyly allude to drug proliferation under Obama's watch. Yet you won't ever DARE acknowledge the fact that the RW leaders you so admire fostered the proliferation of drugs into their own country for YEARS. The dirtiest of drugs too. Crack, even. Opium. The kind of stuff that destroys families through the horrors of physical and psychological addiction. Yeah, you know, the "family unit" that you so boldly prop up on a pedestal? ... Millions of them. That's right Fog... The stuff helped pay to fight the great "Red Terror." The boogeyman that keeps you sad people up at night. Feel good about that reality? Poison your own people to fight communism?

Will you be punting to the great "crusade" against communism now? Was Iran-Contra a "necessary evil" in order to "defeat evil?" Will your ever-present situational ethics be shining through on your latest round of crap you try to slip past this forum?

Once again, there is a difference here, Fog. People like me recognize and acknowledge the ethical failures of a Bill Clinton. His role as Arkansas governor in looking the other way at Mena International was disgusting - among other things. Same with Carter's failures, and Obama's too, especially the bailouts (misguided) and energy (arrogance). ... So yes, both left and right failures. We admit it.

People like you, however, do not. You'll never acknowledge wrong-doing by your RW heroes. It's just not in your DNA. About as far as you'll ever go is vaguely express disappointment with Bush's spending. Or similar "oopsy" stuff. LOL. Pathetic. Never the hard fraud, the unethical practices, the disdain for the Constitution, the torture initiative, etc., etc., etc.

Obama is not a great and perfect president. We get it.

But he's doing far, FAR more to attempt to LEAD than the moron who just left EVER did. ... The C-student born-again that you defend 49 times out of 50, no matter how idiotic or arrogant the foul. ...

Now, I'm sure in your Joe Wilson-like rage, you'll hit back with insinuations of my lifestyle, my family, my industry, or how I don't worship Christ as good as you do. It's what you do.

Just know, however, that when you hit send and reflect and feel good about your latest round of personal attack "revenge" .... the forum is on to you. And nothing about the state of the world that you try and pass off here ever holds up under the microscope. Ever.

When you're so constantly wrong or belligerent regarding geopolitics, how on Earth do you ever expect anyone to believe you regarding the Word of God? You can't. Thus, your time here is an utter waste.

But please don't leave. Every minute you spend here sailing into a gale wind is another minute you can't be out brainwashing some poor, unwitting, wayward Lithuanian.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wow, your head is REALLY exploding today!! :eek: Was it something you ate?? Bad run at the table last night?? Lady problems?? "All the drug problems started or expanded under Repub leadership"?? The "right wing" introduced crack cocaine and heroin into America?? Was that before or after "white people invented HIV/AIDS and gave it all to the people of color"???? :wha: Ya know, tin foil was bad enough, but today it's aluminum foil, and too much aluminum causes Alzheimer's Disease. Best go easy on that stuff. :rolleyes:

All I can say in response to your rather long rant is: for guy whom YOU say "nobody listens to", you seem to have spent a considerable amount of time responding to(!!!) me. :D

.... and, never fear: I can always make enough time to keep tabs on Obama *and* YOU while I fulfill my work here in the former Soviet. Thanks for your "concern", though. ;)

Peace.

//
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

as I expected.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good. Now you can get a good morning's sleep. See you after noon, when your welfare homies are a-risin', too. ;)

//
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Time stamped, before you go "uh oh" and try to delete it.

Well done.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha: ..... Now why on earth should anyone want to delete the truth??? :wha: ........ C'mon now, Pressy. I know it's been a long night and all, but hittin' the bong while at the keyboard can be a disaster.

//