Is 18-1 a successful season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An 18-1 season would be a successful season but would be a bitter

disappointment to me. The Pats have a chance to make NFL history

by going 19-0. This would be a record that would stand for many years

if not forever. The Patriots may never be in a position to go 19-0 again

and I'm sure the players realize this.

i agree with you; a successfull season but a bitter , very bitter, disappointment if we will loose in Glendale

i do not think that someone else will reach 19-0...too tough in the NFL

we have the possibility to probably take a record that will stay, yes, as you mentioned, probably forever

Last edited:
Were the rams in 2001 a success?
Were the chargers last year a success?

If you weren't expected to make the playoffs, and you end up doing so (like the Giants), then its a successful season even if you lose -- because you overachieved.

But if you're supposed to be there, and you lose; then no, its not a success.

If we went 15-1 in the regular season. Then yes. Why would NOT winning the Super Bowl even be considered near successful.

Last edited:
Given everything this franchise accomplished this season. Given the fact that after 2006, the world was on the "Patriots demise is here bandwagon".
Given the fact that we have the 7th pick in the draft.

My only other questions would include whether or not Vrabel, Bruschi and Seau stay and what do we do with Moss, Stallworth and Samuel.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are, why did you wait 8 posts to drop this load of crap?

Given everything this franchise accomplished this season. Given the fact that after 2006, the world was on the "Patriots demise is here bandwagon".
Given the fact that we have the 7th pick in the draft.

My only other questions would include whether or not Vrabel, Bruschi and Seau stay and what do we do with Moss, Stallworth and Samuel.

Your thoughts?

It's hard to call 18-1 a failure, but it certainly wouldn't be a success.

Absolutely not. Are you kidding me? Do you think the Russians celebrate their SILVER or BRONZE medal they won in the Olympics after they got upset by an inferior USA squad? Good lord.:rolleyes:

yeah--that Mike Eruzione was made of GLASS--puh-leaze!!

Miracle On Ice? More like Miracle of GLASS!

my answer is no. It wouldn't be a successful season.

Someone should put a game thread so all the scary Marys can have a good cry

I just got back to the states. I asked the question because last year I thought we fired our last volley of the BB era in Indy, and thought we would take the step back. With the off-season additions our expectations jumped immediately. It was just a question because I know how horrible I would feel if we lost. More than last years game at Indy where we were undermanned.

I just got back to the states. I asked the question because last year I thought we fired our last volley of the BB era in Indy, and thought we would take the step back. With the off-season additions our expectations jumped immediately. It was just a question because I know how horrible I would feel if we lost. More than last years game at Indy where we were undermanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back