PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irvin: Belichick killed NFL's dynastic age

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Irvin: Belichick killed NFL's dynastic age | CSNNE.com

Faulk’s NFLN colleague, Michael Irvin, is as big a Patriots advocate as there is in the national media. Friday, on WEEI, Irvin noted that he rarely misses a chance to tweak Faulk.

“I mess with him all the time,” said Irvin. “I say, ‘It’s because of [the Rams] that all of these new coaches got an opportunity to come into this league. The league was old-fashioned and trying to build dynasties. The next dynasty was supposed to [St. Louis’] Greatest Show on Turf. But they didn’t win that Super Bowl and here comes Bill Belichick with a system, a system beating all those great players. ‘We’re gonna have a system in place and we’re gonna beat you.’ Now everybody has been looking for that system. That’s why Chip Kelly and all these guys get a chance to get in the league now. Because of the great Belichick. And he stomped out that dynasty role. It was SF, we had our dynasty, the Rams were supposed to be the next. They had that kind of team and won one Super Bowl because of what the great Bill Belichick did. That’s why I say he’s one of the greats, Altered the course of the NFL, man. Now everybody’s trying to get a head coach with some kind of system. Do you see what I’m saying? That’s incredible to me. I kill Marshall with that. I kill him all the time.”​

“No. No. No. Is it incredible? Yes. Am I surprised? Noooo,” Irvin said. “I wasn’t jumping off that wagon. And I was throwing life rafts to everyone that was. Y’all get these rafts and get back on this boat and stop tripping. Get back on this boat.”

:)

WHY IS MICHAEL IRVIN ALWAYS SCREAMING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFTEN IN SITUATIONS WERE IT IS UNCALLED FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY UNSTABLE PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S LIKELY BRAIN DAMAGE FROM HEAVY DRUG USE AND A FEW HITS TO THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Get back on this boat and stop tripping."

Is there audio for this? We need it for the game thread every week.

I love irvin. He is loud and all that but he calls it like it is . Even with manning. Another irvin favorite from last yr

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000287441/Is-Peyton-Manning-to-blame-for-loss

and this from deion after manning's SB loss(around 3 min mark)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000323174/The-legacy-of-Peyton-Manning

Very few in the media call out or criticize manning but jump to call brady and washedup. these two guys at least like the pats a bit more.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Faulk on one of his Patriot rants and have McGinist there and Willie just smiles and quotes Ricky Proehl and says tonight a dynasty is born!

Faulk might cry. :(

I'd love to see Faulk on one of his Patriot rants and have McGinist there and Willie just smiles and quotes Ricky Proehl and says tonight a dynasty is born!

Faulk might cry. :(
Faulk is a prime example of a former NFL star who just doesn't belong in broadcasting. Cris Carter is another. I've never heard either of those guys offer insightful commentary on anything.

Faulk is a prime example of a former NFL star who just doesn't belong in broadcasting. Cris Carter is another. I've never heard either of those guys offer insightful commentary on anything.

I agree on Carter but Faulk could be good if he could just put his prejudices behind him. They did this segment where they go to the mini field in the studio. Faulk was directing the other members of the crew as offensive linemen and talked about as a running back how to use the lineman's blocking leverage to your advantage and when to burst out and pick a hole. All I could think was WOW that was awesome and if they did even one segment like this per week it would be so much better vs him whooping it up with Sapp and acting like idiots. Unfortunately Marshall never will get over it.

I would love to hear Kevin speak honestly about Marshall.

Irvin and Deion always give Brady and the Pats their due my favorite NFL Network personal
NFL network is such a mixed bag with analysts because you have guys like them and Willie and Heath, yet it's mixed with a couple butt hurt running backs in Marshall and LT that are borderline intolerable to listen to. :D

NFL network is such a mixed bag with analysts because you have guys like them and Willie and Heath, yet it's mixed with a couple butt hurt running backs in Marshall and LT that are borderline intolerable to listen to. :D

Agreed.

It's still better than sitting through Marino on CBS...think of this. Cowher is the voice of reason on that set. Bill Cowher.

Michael Irvin was hated by many while he played. That and he had some off-field altercations - one that he cut at least two inches into a teamate during training camp in Wichita Falls (Read: his probation would be over and he would do hard time.)

As such, many believe that's why his induction into the HoF was delayed 2-3 years. But Irvin was a leader in the locker room - a big distinction from Terrible Owens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back