PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irvin and marshall faulk debate who would they play for rex ryan vs BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshall picked Belichick?!? Seriously, if Faulk's choices were Belichick or Rich Kotite, he'd pick Kotite.

well i only watch it to see how faulk falls over trying to convince himself and others of an illogical choice when coming to the pats

Someone seriously needs to muzzle Faulk for his own good. The guy is a legendary player, and a legendary buffoon on TV.

I'm not going to watch the clip, but if irvin picked BB it was because the producers told him to

Someone seriously needs to muzzle Faulk for his own good. The guy is a legendary player, and a legendary buffoon on TV.

He's on the NFL Network. You take Mike Mayock, Mike Lombardi, and Rich Eisen off that network and the combined IQs of the remain talking heads might be well in the negative numbers. Faulk is exactly where he should be with all the ESPN castoffs and mental midgets.

Rex Ryan by a mile.

Doesn't mean he's the better coach, b/c he's not but BB is a douchebag but he's a genius and he's our douchebag. ;)

But I'd rather play for Rex.

agreed , the anaylsis they have there is horrible with the exception of Lombardi Mayock, and Esien... Faulk makes no bones about his hatred... Irvin and sanders are typical in there views... Marriuci is also ok..

Rex Ryan by a mile.

Doesn't mean he's the better coach, b/c he's not but BB is a douchebag but he's a genius and he's our douchebag. ;)

But I'd rather play for Rex.

Rex act will get old quick if they stop winning. Belichick has a proven system. You talk to most of his former players and they loved to play for him. Guys like Bruschi, Harrison, etc. would put their lives on the line for Belichick.

nfl network seems to be following espns path
i cant stand idiots like dilfer etc on espn and now i dont feel like watching nfl network most of the time coz of dumbasses like faulk

Rex act will get old quick if they stop winning. Belichick has a proven system. You talk to most of his former players and they loved to play for him. Guys like Bruschi, Harrison, etc. would put their lives on the line for Belichick.

Agreed. And I'd bet a majority of players would rather play for Wade Phillips than BB. It'd just be easier on them. Doesn't mean it's the better thing for them though.

Absolutely.

And buffoon is exactly what Rex was on his way to be last season when the Jets lost 3 in a row. His antics now are "great" because his team is winning, however, they've taken on his bravado and it's clear that he's a lot of fun to play for, a lot more fun than BB - but again BB is a better football coach, no question about it at this point.

Agreed. And I'd bet a majority of players would rather play for Wade Phillips than BB. It'd just be easier on them. Doesn't mean it's the better thing for them though.

Very true.

But if you can have fun WHILE winning it's the best of both worlds ......... unless you're no fun head coach is BB, the one exception because he's one of the best in the history of the league.

Personally, it really comes down to the player. If you are a football player who is all business while at practice and in the game and just want to win, you probably would rather have Belichick. Guys who want to enjoy practices, trash talk, and feed their egos probably will pick Ryan.

Very true.

But if you can have fun WHILE winning it's the best of both worlds ......... unless you're no fun head coach is BB, the one exception because he's one of the best in the history of the league.

I'm not going to suggest playing for BB is fun. Some guys absolutely hated it. But some guys have absolutely loved it and done their best for him and think the world of him. A lot of guys liked Wade, but they were quick to give up on him and blame him when things went bad.

To be fair Solomon Wilcotts and Ron Woodson are pretty good on NFL Network and I love AFC Playbook and Mike Mayock. Rich Eisen is a goof with little football knowledge. It bothers me that they repeat NFL highlights for 16 hours with little updating. They have 7 days to fill I wish they would repeat Pats every week.

To be fair Solomon Wilcotts and Ron Woodson are pretty good on NFL Network and I love AFC Playbook and Mike Mayock. Rich Eisen is a goof with little football knowledge. It bothers me that they repeat NFL highlights for 16 hours with little updating. They have 7 days to fill I wish they would repeat Pats every week.

Rich Eisen is the man. I wouldn't say that he has little football knowledge. He seems like he knows what he's talking about when he talks, but he mostly just introduces the topics and the others discuss it. I also like Charles Davis on NFLN. And I don't hate Marshall or Irvin but sometimes they say stupid things.

Last edited:
Rich Eisen is the man. I wouldn't say that he has little football knowledge. He seems like he knows what he's talking about when he talks, but he mostly just introduces the topics and the others discuss it. I also like Charles Davis on NFLN. And I don't hate Marshall or Irvin but sometimes they say stupid things.

Eisen is a funny ringleader but to me far from an expert. I remember earlier this year when Brady got hurt mid game, Eisen wondered if Brady's long playing streak was in jeopardy. A minute later someone whispered in Eisen's ear and suddenly he remembered 2008.

Bingo!
When it comes to the NFL's best coaches in it's history, there are names which never even get to the neuron stage.........Rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots