PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irsay confirms: Manning gone for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary,

Colts owner: QB Manning may come back in December

A few minutes later, Irsay wrote this: "I didn't say Peyton out 4season FOR SURE,keeping him on ActiveRoster n taking it month by month/Outside chance of return n December possible." The final regular-season game is Jan.

NFL.com news: Colts owner: QB Manning may come back in December

Peyton's not playing this year. The Colts will be out of playoff contention by December. Why would Peyton come back and risk injury when there's nothing to gain? They should take the losses and the high draft pick and prepare for next year.

Sad news for NFL fans. Let's just hope he's healthy and back to his old form next year. Godspeed Payton.

Peyton's not playing this year. The Colts will be out of playoff contention by December. Why would Peyton come back and risk injury when there's nothing to gain? They should take the losses and the high draft pick and prepare for next year.

Same thing I thought.

They seemed determined to make this as drama filled as possible.

Re: Manning - out for the Year

I hope Manning makes a full recovery and plays at a high level next season. However I would be lying if I said I was not thrilled that the colts fans on that boards are now miserable.

Couldn't agree more. Manning has consistently been the #1 QB that I feared as a Pats fan. That simply comes from respect for his ability and the comebacks he's made over the years against the Patriots.

But for the Colts fans losing their season, I'm jumping for joy over this. Can't stand them and I'm glad to see that hypocritical bunch of self righteous D-Bags getting what they deserve.

Hope he's okay and can play again.

I hate the Colts as a team but I definately respect Manning and what he represents as a player and person.

Good luck

Luck…that's who they are going to get when this is all said and done.
This franchise could have had Elway (Hall of Famer)….had George (flop)….then Manning (HofF)…here's hoping the trend continues...

I hope that he comes back next year and gets beat by the Patriots!

Sorry for Colts fans, no one should have their best player have their season (and career) potentially end this suddenly. Hated the team whenever the Pats went up against them, but this is not how you want to see the rivalry end.

Ouch. And the Colts are now officially in the Andrew Luck derby!!!
Sorry to see Manning out for the year, he really made those rivalry games special.

Also sidenote to fantasy owners - you got screwed!!! Glad I didn't draft Manning. Then agan I did draft Romo so maybe I'm screwed too, but I got Cam Newton as a backup, so it's all good. ;)

That's just dreadful. Lot of respect for Manning I hope he play's again. At what age do QBs generally retire? I'm guessing in between 38-42, he could have a couple more years left in him.

Last edited:
Luck…that's who they are going to get when this is all said and done.
This franchise could have had Elway (Hall of Famer)….had George (flop)….then Manning (HofF)…here's hoping the trend continues...

No, Manning will return but they are on pace to get Luck and if I were them, I would (get the 1st pick). Then collect a King's ransom for it. :rocker:

Last edited:
Can't find that they put him on IR. Is there another link that shows the announcement?

Can't find that they put him on IR. Is there another link that shows the announcement?

Irsay backpedaled shortly after making the statement.

Man, the Colts are working out Croyle and Orlovsky. They are in rough shape. They seriously could wind up with a top 3 pick this year at this rate. This team was going to be mediocre with Peyton Manning and they have absolutely no one behind him, so they are just brutal as is.

Manning is clearly done for the year, but the Colts are going to string this out so their fans don't completely give up on the year.

I am unhappy to see Manning on the sidelines. Whether you love him or hate him, and I strongly dislike/hate him, he's a player you tune in to watch. Sunday nite's game, for instance, was obviously less entertaining without Manning in there.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Manning himself but not for Colts fans. These are the same people who were calling for someone to take out Brady's knee in 07 and made Bernard Pollard fan club t-shirts. They also are so envious of the Pats that they still have Spygate discussions and compare Spygate with Barry Bonds.

IMO karma is a b*tch and the only thing better than Manning being out for a season (and potentially his career) would be winning the Super Bowl on their home turf.

I feel bad for Manning himself but not for Colts fans. These are the same people who were calling for someone to take out Brady's knee in 07 and made Bernard Pollard fan club t-shirts. They also are so envious of the Pats that they still have Spygate discussions and compare Spygate with Barry Bonds.

IMO karma is a b*tch and the only thing better than Manning being out for a season (and potentially his career) would be winning the Super Bowl on their home turf.

Disagree regarding your Manning outlook. Sure I wanted him to miss a couple games so we could relish watching stoner Painter flail away haplessly at QB and enjoy Colts fans imploding, but I'm an NFL fan and the league this season is greatly diminished by Peyton's absence. I wish him a rapid recovery and a continued high performance level career and at worst good post football health. This league needs more Bird-Magic style match ups like Brady Manning, not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back