PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irsay confirms: Manning gone for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No use bringing him back now. The Colts aren't going to win more than 4 games this year. Even if Manning got back in the timeframe they expected, they would probably already be out of the playoffs.

Thats too bad

Heres hoping he can play again...

Absolutely the right thing to do. I wouldn't be shocked if he never plays again, which is unfortunate.

Re: Manning - out for the Year

and now let the losing for Luck continue.

They did play well yesterday though

Hope he's okay and can play again.

I hate the Colts as a team but I definately respect Manning and what he represents as a player and person.

Good luck

Overall this is bad for the NFL and anybody who wants to see an elite QB play. The truth is when I heard he was hurt I did feel bad for him and Indy fans.

Then I headed over to one of the Indy fans message boards as a lurker to read some of the posts. More or less there were threads bashing the pats and their fans and one guy had a picture of Pollards helmet in Bradys knee. At that point I lost all pity for the colts fans.

I hope Manning makes a full recovery and plays at a high level next season. However I would be lying if I said I was not thrilled that the colts fans on that boards are now miserable.

Hate the Colts but no real NFL fan should ever be happy when one of the games best players isn't suiting up. Hopefully he is back next season.

Last edited:

I hope they let Painter play now...the kid sucks but he still deserves the reps over a lost season and a 40 year old washed up QB ahead of him.

The Colts have officially earned a top 10 pick in the 2012 draft.

Hate the Colts but no real NFL fan should ever be happy when one of the games best players isn't suiting up. Hopefully he is back next season.

Injuries like this is may never let Manning be the QB he was before....it will be sad...not to mention his next snap will be at 35 years of age.

Much as we like the idea that Peyton Manning won't be there to torture the Patriots down the road, this news is sad to see.

It would be nice to have him return for a victory lap in 2012 but I hope he makes the best decision for his personal health and safety for the long term.

Last edited:

If you don't like watching Peyton Manning play quarterback, you're really not a football fan. You might be a Pats fan. But, you're not a football fan. Not saying you should root for him. They are/were our rivals. I rooted against him every game he played the last 7/8 years. I didn't miss many of them either. He was must see tv. Hope he can come back.

If you don't like watching Peyton Manning play quarterback, you're really not a football fan. You might be a Pats fan. But, you're not a football fan. Not saying you should root for him. They are/were our rivals. I rooted against him every game he played the last 7/8 years. I didn't miss many of them either. He was must see tv. Hope he can come back.

Perfect. Hate the team, not the man. As a football fan, his talent is something to behold.

Manning versus our D yesterday would have been ugly

Steelers, Colts, Jets, Charger, Dolphins etc fans who cheered Brady injury seemed pretty happy to me, to the point of having T shirts printed. So, they way I see it Manning is out for the year, meh, oh well - so what, who cares. There are guys going on IR weekly. Also, defensive players openly talk these days about how if their opponent has injured ribs(Romo) or knee that they go after their injury. Manning can fully expect to get planted on his head when he comes back.

Now that lard of a man Bill Polian can enjoy going 2-14, and then have to draft Luck and pay him 70Million on top of 90Million already committed to Goober. Karma is a biatch Polian - werent you the one advocating "break his leg" on another teams' player, namely Patriots. Now you get your effin reward and reside in the gutter of AFC South, enjoy

Last edited:

Now that lard of a man Bill Polian can enjoy going 2-14, and then have to draft Luck and pay him 70Million on top of 90Million already committed to Goober.

Sadly, no: it's only about $25M/4 yrs under the new CBA.

Even if he was able to play, the Colts look like they won't be anywhere near playoff contention by then. Wouldn't make any sense.

I just hope that the surgery is successful enough to allow him a healthy and happy life. Football's just a bonus for the guy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots