Welcome to PatsFans.com

IRS tax revenue is DOWN 34%

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, May 27, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

IRS tax revenue falls along with taxpayers' income - USATODAY.com

It means that Obama is paying more than he is getting in and the unemployment is still high.

If Obama wants to have his big program such as UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE passed, he will TAX us.

We are going to be taxed in every way.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Re: IRS tax revenue is DOWN

I doubt he will increase taxes on the vast majority of Americans. It would absolutely be the wrong thing to do in the current economic crisis. It would be best for the tax system to remain unchanged until we are sure we're on the path to growth. Right now, no one can say that with a straight face.

3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 10 / -11

#75 Jersey

"He is paying more than he is getting in".

Great job, NEP. It dawned on you! That's exactly what deficit spending is.

W. merely spent more and cut taxes at the same time - - - He went ALL the way for economic suicide!

The April 2009 tax receipts, btw, are based on what people and co.s made (or didn't make) in 2008. Obama has already warned the country ever since before his election that the deficit would have to be blown up even further for the next several years merely to save the baby.

Taxes, taxes, taxes.......Bush gave us TWO of the most widespread and sweeping tax cuts in American history - - which basically brought our country to ruin.

Low taxes are important, but don't lose sight of the cost of living, inflation, energy prices, the strength of the dollar, productivity, etc. It's incredible how 20% of this country focuses on their tax bill while they are happily driving on crumbling bridges, mortgaging our country to China and choking off long-term US economic competitveness in the world market.

4. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Admiting that Obama doesn't improve anything when he doubled the country debt and publicly said "we are out of money".

It's no longer a Bush's policy any more. It's Obama NOW. The blaming game is not going to work.

You voted for him because you hoped that he would turn this country around. The only thing you heard from him was "we are out of money".

What did he do with the last TRILLION dollars that he THREATEND US to give if YOU WANTED to see some changes?

I'm sorry that Bush gave you 800 billion dollars DEBT but it is INEXCUSABLE for Obama to double it and declare the bankruptcy of US WHEN he has been in the office for 5 months.

5. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 10 / -11

#75 Jersey

You keep making a big deal out of the "Out of money" quote.

Did the country shut down this week, or are you hallucinating? As opposed to his predecessor, THIS President is not trying to blow smoke up the electorate's arse. He's speaking to us as ADULTS. The previous President kept telling us not to worry about deficits - - that we could cut taxes and enjoy ourselves without repercussions.

Time to grow up.

6. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Yes, it's a BIG deal. Without the money, we simply can't do anything. What the hell did Obama do with the last TRILLION dollars?

How can we go from being the RICHEST country to bankrupted one WITHIN 5 months? You tell me and It's not a big deal? It's unbelievable!

You kept saying about Bush's 800 billion debt and it was not a small deal according to you.

When Obama doubled it and declared the bankruptcy of US WITHIN 5 months in the office, it's a small deal. I got it

Yes, it comes from a guy WHO promised TOO MUCH and did nothing to improve it.

You heard my public apology about Bush's billion dollar debt right? Can you do the same? I suppose that you need to grow up and be accountable.

You can't blame BUSH now because it's OBAMA. Remember it.

7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

They have ALREADY INCREASED TAXES ON THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS, when they did not extend the Bush tax cuts.

8. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 10 / -11

#75 Jersey

As Great Grampa NE Patriot said in July 1933: "It's no longer a Hoover's policy any more. It's FDR NOW. The blaming game is not going to work."

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Isn't the revenue from the Bush regime? thats from last year....right?

Its like you people just figured out math.....GEE...when I lower taxes on the richest people, and spend more than all presidnets before me pu together.....our revenue goes DOWN?

what the **** did you think was going to be the result of lowering taxes and increasing spending during two wars?

Hmmmmm.......

you peeps are goofy......REAL GOOFY!

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

Lower taxes due to investment losses. I am a SMALL TIME investor. And, yet, my losses in 2008 compared to my gains in 2007 saved me a few thousand bucks come tax time. Bush lowered tax rates but he didn't do it last year - the loss in investments hits the treasury too . . . because, after all, the rich pay almost the entire income tax.

11. scott c

scott c On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Repeat after me...we did not get to where we are now in five months.....rinse....repeat.....:ugh:

12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

No, but obama sure hit the gas in his short 4 months. He accelerated things - unfortunately it was spending and debt that he accelerated.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Try reading comprehension, what the article is saying is that the April 2008 revenue (Bush President) is 34% higher than the April 2009 revenue (Obama President).

That said this situation has been developing and can't be totally blamed on Obama.

However his quadrupiling of the deficit and projected tripiling of the national debt conbined with the new taxes and nationalized economy will choke off any sustained economic recovery, resulting in lower revenues as a % og GDP and more debt than the current overly optimistic projections.

Government borrowing will choke the economy of capital for the formation and expansion of business.

14. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It comes from a guy who THREATENED and SCARED people what would happen if we didn't give him the last trillion dollars. Does it improve AFTER he got what he wanted? It's getting worse.

What a failure OBAMA economy plan!

Bush = 8 years = 800 billion dollars debt.
    Obama=5 months=1.8 TRILLION dollars debt = "We are out of money" remark.

There is no hope for the future.

15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

And yet we have people who believe we are on our way to economic growth! :rolleyes:

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

This is an easy one ... you get the printing press plates and you add zero's to them. You just print more bigger denominations ... :rofl: Obamenomics ... I'm going to invest in green ink tomorrow.

17. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Small businesses and corps pay taxes on a monthly (sometimes quarterly) basis. So your insults just hit the fan and landed right back in your face.

18. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Black and Green ink are going to be a BIG DEMAND. Chineses are not going to like what Obama does. It's the reason they asked Obama STOP printing because it's killing them. HAHAHHAHAHAHA

US is the only country in the world can do this sh!t and gets away from it. HAAHHAHAHAHHA

19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

That's because we have bombs ... many, many bombs and submarines.

Iran is copying us ... they are making bombs and now they want subs. :bricks:

20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 10 / -11

#75 Jersey

Time for you to attend an Econ101 course, PF13.

The income tax revenue received in April 2009 is from tax year 2008. It had nothing to do with Obama.

I can't believe that had to be explained to you, but there it is.

Last edited: May 28, 2009