PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IRS & FBI Raids Browns owners main Biz HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: IRS & FBI Raids Browns owners main Biz HQ

Link is not working. I'm searching Google for it now but you may want to fix the link.

Haslam owns the biggest truckstop chain in the world, if I remember right. Flying J is HUGE! If that goes out of biz, it will screw a LOT of transportation companies also (they have accounts with Pilot/Flying J).

This goes well beyond just the Browns! Haslam might be screwed royally, and taking the transportation industry along with him!

jeez, I do alot of cross country driving (in my car), and I love the Pilot truck stops, always clean, and really good coffee. Nothing better happen to them...

Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam's travel center company has engaged in fraud for 'many years', FBI says | cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam's travel center company for "many years'' engaged in a fraud scheme to keep money owed to customers as gas rebates, according to documents filed in federal court Thursday.

The documents further say Haslam knew about the fraud committed by top sales officials at his family business, Pilot Flying J, in which employees targeted unsophisticated trucking companies through a rebate program. Federal documents unsealed today also say he was present for discussions about the rebate fraud activities.

A 120-page affidavit to a search warrant (read the full text of the affidavit in the document viewer below) filed in U.S. District Court in Knoxville, Tenn., says Pilot Flying J sales employees withheld fuel price rebates and discounts in an attempt to boost the profitability of the company and increase their sales commissions.

----

He is screwed. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes