PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Irony: Haters urging everyone to read beyond the headlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now it's the haters, who previously got angry when anyone questioned any of the content beyond the NFL's smear campaign headlines, who are urging everyone to read beyond the headline and realize this was about process and not guilt. I hope they enjoy screaming at the top of their lungs for the next two years while all the news shows, casual fans, and other pop culture sources mistakenly proclaim that Brady "was not guilty" and was exonerated by a court of law (not that Judge Berman didn't essentially say that as well.)

Even if that wasn't the court's ruling, let's remember that they taught us the very lesson that buzzwords are the only important aspect to consider. How ironic they are now concerned that people will misunderstand the story and the facts and act on a superficial take of the situation.

Here's hoping to plenty of suffering for the Patriot haters, starting with Game One next week.

Nice argument from silence on their part.

We only wish Judge Berman or any fair minded judge could rule on guilt or innocence.

They should be happy they still have a rock to hide under....for now.

The irony is DELICIOUS. We can recall all too well the headlines back in late January, after the release of the Wells Report, and after PhoneGate. Headlines were all it took in the 24 hour cycle to prove the Pats/Brady were the evil villains, guilty as sin...lacking real context to any of the actual story. It was brutal, it was frustrating. Public opinion was massively swayed against us. Brady's reputation shat on.

How appropriate it is to dish a little taste of it back at the NFL and the haters. Sure Berman overturned it on procedural grounds but the average person watching the news isn't going to say "it was just a technicality". They see that Brady's suspension was overturned. NFL lost! Brady vindicated. No need to dig into the context beyond the headlines.

Do I care much about the average American who can't read beyond a headline? Not really but it sure tastes sweet to see it swing the other way when it happened to us multiple times. Now the haters are whining about "the context" behind the ruling, imploring that people need to understand better.

Guess what? The 24 hour news cycle is coming near a close and many don't really understand the context nor will they care beyond a certain point. Theres a bit of satisfaction in that.

Well these are the same guys who if the NFL had won wouldve headlined "Judge Berman upholds NFL's decision . Agrees Tom Brady cheated the integrity of the game"

I recall daily CNN headlines about the leaks accusing Brady.

I recall headlines about his suspension.

I don't see any headlines about his exoneration.

(I'm referring to CNN.com, but the point applies more broadly.)

If ESPN wants the headline to be "Brady gets off on a technicality" then the consensus will be Brady got off on a technicality. Fortunately that opens the discussion to why Goodell would use essentially illegal tactics to get Brady and we've been binging on details surrounding this mess for the last 8 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back