PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ironically, this years team is fun!

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm actually enjoying these guys. Bradley, Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Gomes.
Is baseball fun again in Beantown?

It feels like it too. but i think we are going to have to wait a little more to see if its real or hoax.

and then they go and spoil it all by doing something stupid like starting Lackey

:)

Having said that. Solid start. Not a lot of runs given up. good defensive baseball. Now to get a few more runs on the board. Solid start.

There goes Lackey. Looks serious.

and then they go and spoil it all by doing something stupid like starting Lackey

:)

Having said that. Solid start. Not a lot of runs given up. good defensive baseball. Now to get a few more runs on the board. Solid start.
That's all I'd like to see whilst the Red Sox re-boot. If other teams can't score, then it gives you every opportunity to win.

I have to say that after the 2011 collapse, I was not looking forward to the 2012 season in the very least. Especially when management fired a guy that I'm not sure was even responsible for the collapse as much as some of his complacent players.
Add to that, they hire a guy who was pretty much unknown at best and incompetent at worst, I don't know which but he did as was expected and now he's gone. It was like management threw the year away to restock for the following years.
The new team has new energy and motivation. They are young and want to win and show it.
I will certainly follow this season much closer than last year as this year shows us fans more promise.
Now watch them go into a 52 game losing streak. :bricks:

I can :cheer2: for this team. Lester, Bucholz look sharp. Playing good defensive baseball with timely hitting. Farrell is a good hire so far and the team looks like its trying. When it comes down to it that's all you can ask for. I watched maybe 5 games all of last year and didn't attend 1. I think that's gonna change. It is actually fun to watch this team of underdogs. :tea:

I'd still like them to blow out Lucchino. I realize it's not gonna happen, but I can hope. Regardless of that, they are off to a good start. I am happy to see them back away from the bogus sellout streak. They have made some steps in the right direction.

One of you guys referred to them as "they are my team, but we are not on speaking terms" last season. I thought that was very appropriate. I am not ready to welcome them back to a full fledged member of the family just yet, but we are at least on speaking terms.

Anyone else finding themselves beginning to really pull for this team? I'm loving their gritty nature. At this early stage, it's a far cry from the cosmopolitan sides of the past few seasons.

Anyone else finding themselves beginning to really pull for this team? I'm loving their gritty nature. At this early stage, it's a far cry from the cosmopolitan sides of the past few seasons.
Agreed. So far,at least, the off-season plan has worked perfectly: change the personality/culture by getting Farrell, bringing in high-character guys and signing them to short-term deals. They're quickly winning me back.

Agreed. So far,at least, the off-season plan has worked perfectly: change the personality/culture by getting Farrell, bringing in high-character guys and signing them to short-term deals. They're quickly winning me back.

I sat and watched Saturday's game, wishing I was there for the "event" factor. I have been against the whole "Sweet Caroline" thing for some time. My disdain dates back to when they dropped a big lead last year, and the Pink Hats in attendance embarrassed themselves by singing and dancing while the on the field product was awful. Even this grisled old fan had to admit that having Neil Diamond perform the song Saturday was pretty neat. Then Daniel Nava redeemed his baserunning gaffe with a game winning HR, one that had me yelling at the TV "get out of here"!. I reflected on the last time I cheered for this team. I honestly couldn't recall.

I reserve the right to go back to being an angry Red Sox fan, but as of now, I am back.

i have to admit they set the hook in me again. ive been watching and enjoying the games. they are playing hard and saying the right things. even ortiz has won me back with his pre game coments the other day[ this is our f__king city. nobody is gonna dictate our freedom. stay strong} i absolutly loved that.

I sat and watched Saturday's game, wishing I was there for the "event" factor. I have been against the whole "Sweet Caroline" thing for some time. My disdain dates back to when they dropped a big lead last year, and the Pink Hats in attendance embarrassed themselves by singing and dancing while the on the field product was awful. Even this grisled old fan had to admit that having Neil Diamond perform the song Saturday was pretty neat. Then Daniel Nava redeemed his baserunning gaffe with a game winning HR, one that had me yelling at the TV "get out of here"!. I reflected on the last time I cheered for this team. I honestly couldn't recall.

I reserve the right to go back to being an angry Red Sox fan, but as of now, I am back.

I was there for that game...quite emotional.

I was also there Tuesday nights and it was emotional the other way, lol!

But yesterday made up for it. I like this team a lot - I wish they had gone this route before trading out Lowrie, though, as he would have fit in beautifully with this crowd.

IF (and it's a big IF) they can fix the bottom of their order *cough*Middlebrooks*cough*, they could sneak into the playoffs. Even if not, at least they seem to CARE this year.

Two things stick out to me: in 2011 when they had the best record in baseball, after another dismal blowout at Fenway (before the collapse, too!), I remarked to one of the Sox greeter guys, "For a team that has the best record in baseball, these guys get blown out an awful lot." He just nodded his head in agreement, his expression one of thinly-veiled disgust.

Last year, I left a game early, prompting a greeter to comment, "You never leave this early!" To which I replied, "If they don't care, why should I?"

I don't leave early very often this year. They look like the want to be out on that field.

I was there for that game...quite emotional.

I was also there Tuesday nights and it was emotional the other way, lol!

But yesterday made up for it. I like this team a lot - I wish they had gone this route before trading out Lowrie, though, as he would have fit in beautifully with this crowd.

IF (and it's a big IF) they can fix the bottom of their order *cough*Middlebrooks*cough*, they could sneak into the playoffs. Even if not, at least they seem to CARE this year.

Two things stick out to me: in 2011 when they had the best record in baseball, after another dismal blowout at Fenway (before the collapse, too!), I remarked to one of the Sox greeter guys, "For a team that has the best record in baseball, these guys get blown out an awful lot." He just nodded his head in agreement, his expression one of thinly-veiled disgust.

Last year, I left a game early, prompting a greeter to comment, "You never leave this early!" To which I replied, "If they don't care, why should I?"

I don't leave early very often this year. They look like the want to be out on that field.

I had a party when they dumped jed [disabled list] lowrie. that guy spends more time on the dl then he does on the field. just a matter of time before he goes down again. I cant wait for them to dump alfredo aceves the mental case. I don't know how hes still on this team. bradon moss and josh Reddick look good. baily pitching well makes that Reddick trade look better.

I had a party when they dumped jed [disabled list] lowrie. that guy spends more time on the dl then he does on the field. just a matter of time before he goes down again. I cant wait for them to dump alfredo aceves the mental case. I don't know how hes still on this team. bradon moss and josh Reddick look good. baily pitching well makes that Reddick trade look better.

I don't know - I always thought that Lowrie was still a year away (in his last year here, I mean). Remember the game where he started the triple play? That was the news highlight, of course, but in that same game, he blew two easy throws to home plate. From that, it just seemed to me that he hadn't grown into the shoes yet.

But I had, and have, a feeling he will, and be a very solid player for many years. If they had gone into this year with him, they could have saved the 9.5 on Drew.

And Mark Melancon really didn't do much...not a trade I'd cheer about, in retrospect. Lowrie's running an OPS over 1k 21 games in, playing solid D, and Melancon's long gone, AND we've got serious depth issues at 3rd base.

I'd still like them to blow out Lucchino. .

Why? As soon as Lucchino lost to Theo's powerplay, the team started going downhill. The AGon trade, Crawford, Lackey, etc, are all a direct result of Lucchino losing control to Theo.

Everyone likes to hate on him, but hes a fantastic baseball exec. He's responsible for the majority of the Red Sox return to relevance in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Why? As soon as Lucchino lost to Theo's powerplay, the team started going downhill. The AGon trade, Crawford, Lackey, etc, are all a direct result of Lucchino losing control to Theo.

Everyone likes to hate on him, but hes a fantastic baseball exec. He's responsible for the majority of the Red Sox return to relevance in the late 90s/early 2000s.

He's also responsible for the Pink Hat pandering that went on form 2008-2012. He's the captain for spin control, and for that time, the team was more concerned about image control than the product.

They seemed to have listened to complaining, and this year seems to be headed in the right direction.

He's also responsible for the Pink Hat pandering that went on form 2008-2012. He's the captain for spin control, and for that time, the team was more concerned about image control than the product.

No, hes not. That's Steinberg's job. And "pandering to the pink hats" had nothing to do with them going downhill.

What made them go downhill is signing long term huge contracts like Beckett, Lackey, Crawford, and Agon, and all those are things that were on Theo.
They seemed to have listened to complaining, and this year seems to be headed in the right direction.
By headed in the right direction, you mean that Luccino has more power now than he had last year, right? Because thats what happened.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back