PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ironic Observations on Kickers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was watching the game last night and they showed Mike Vanderjerk pulling his hammy in warm-ups, leaving Dallas with a kicker who can barely kick a field goal. On Sunday they were showing AV on the bench in Indy where he is recovering from a sprained ankle, which Polian said somewhere is serious enough that they "hope" he'll be ready for the season opener. Meanwhile, we appear to have two starting-caliber kickers fighting to make our team, with the loser of the competition surely to be picked up quickly by someone else (if we actually cut one), perhaps even Dallas or Indy. Wasn't it just a few short weeks ago that we were called the big losers in the kicking category, with both of these teams making the big moves to overcome us (at least Indy anyway?). Pretty ironic. BB/SP win again! (At least for now - hope I am not jinxing us by posting these observations).

PatsDeb said:
I was watching the game last night and they showed Mike Vanderjerk pulling his hammy in warm-ups, leaving Dallas with a kicker who can barely kick a field goal. On Sunday they were showing AV on the bench in Indy where he is recovering from a sprained ankle, which Polian said somewhere is serious enough that they "hope" he'll be ready for the season opener. Meanwhile, we appear to have two starting-caliber kickers fighting to make our team, with the loser of the competition surely to be picked up quickly by someone else (if we actually cut one), perhaps even Dallas or Indy. Wasn't it just a few short weeks ago that we were called the big losers in the kicking category, with both of these teams making the big moves to overcome us (at least Indy anyway?). Pretty ironic. BB/SP win again! (At least for now - hope I am not jinxing us by posting these observations).

I caught that irony as well, though I'm sure that their injuries are minor and they'll be back. It's still kinda funny though.

Adam Vinatraitor will never be the same again!

Do you suppose it could lead to a trade of Gramatica, as the Patriots go for an unprecedented sweep of the entire 7th round of the 2007 draft? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
patchick said:
Do you suppose it could lead to a trade of Gramatica, as the Patriots go for an unprecedented sweep of the entire 7th round of the 2007 draft? :)

My goal in life is for the Colts to trade us a pick for one of our kickers. This is the most delicious idea to surface here in awhile.

shakadave said:
My goal in life is for the Colts to trade us a pick for one of our kickers. This is the most delicious idea to surface here in awhile.

Wasn't Gramatica already in Indy? I wonder if a team has ever given up a pick for a player they cut earlier in his career? That would be pretty funny if the Dolts had to give us a pick for a kicker to replace AV!

Both Dallas and Indy have a second kicker on their roster. What would be funny would be if they had to use a 53 roster slot at the start of the season to carry the extra kicker for a game or so. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back